So we have two really really good tight ends

Herndon and Njoku are going to play in the NFL. I'm taking all bets, anyone want to lose some money?

THere are a lot of bad NFL te's. playing int he NFL right now.

Clive Walford was more productive then both and isn't doing squat in the NFL.

People in this thread are questioning if they are going to play in the NFL, which is ridiculous. I'm not saying they are going to be all pros, but they will always be a mismatch problem for the defenses we are playing every week. Did you see all the yards we had when we threw to them against UNC? Not to mention the td Kaaya messed up by throwing the ball 3 yards behind 86.

It wasn't a mismatch the UNC D got the protections wrong. They were WIDE open.

Herndon and Njoku couldn't get seperation on FSU playing man on them. That's a fact.

You're overrating these guys big time.

Like I said Walford was way more productive here and isn't doing anything in the NFL.

Just like Duke, Dorsett, Flowers, all not doing ANYTHING in the nfl.

They're called man beaters... the routes you run when the defense is playing press man. We didnt run them against FSU, Richt never adjusted. Rub routes, natural pick plays. We were running a bunch of routes to beat zone, because that's what FSU played all year before us.

Explain to me how Louisville used to kill us with a secondary full of future NFL players. With a bunch of guys who never sniffed the NFL. Petrino used to kill Randys man coverage with crossing routes and rub routes. Man beating concepts. If you don't understand now, I wont waste my time with any more responses.

Advertisement
Herndon and Njoku are going to play in the NFL. I'm taking all bets, anyone want to lose some money?

People in this thread are questioning if they are going to play in the NFL, which is ridiculous. I'm not saying they are going to be all pros, but they will always be a mismatch problem for the defenses we are playing every week. Did you see all the yards we had when we threw to them against UNC? Not to mention the td Kaaya messed up by throwing the ball 3 yards behind 86.

Herndon and Njoku couldn't get seperation on FSU playing man on them. That's a fact.

Like I said Walford was way more productive here and isn't doing anything in the NFL.

Flowers has been good this year.
Walford in on pace for 40 catches even though he's banged up.
Duke had over 900 yards rushing/receiving as a rookie.

Flowers has been good this year.
Walford in on pace for 40 catches even though he's banged up.
Duke had over 900 yards rushing/receiving as a rookie.

Wrong. I'm a Giants fan. Seen every single snap. FLowers has been GOD AWFUL. Giants fans are sick of him and want him moved to guard or RT> He gets embarassed every game.

Duke was just a pass catcher on a bad team playing come from behind last year.

If he's such a good runner like you guys claimed, why can't he get any carries? Don't blame the OLINE because Crowell is doing a good job.

Duke just isn't a good rnuner.

I'm sorry, but that is not a fact. They were mostly being used as decoys to clear out in-breaking routes behind them. Watch their routes from the slot and otherwise. Short digs directly at Nickel guys to open space. We ran a couple of those (unsuccessfully this time) again vs UNC. The few times they were sent vertical, Kaaya was fixated on his primary WR on the other side of the field (typically short).

The TEs were also used primarily outside of the hashes against FSU. Richt's own playcalling suggests he's conceding that Njoku should be more involved and in different parts of the field (relative to the FSU game).

But you just said that Al Golden built up a bunch of talent.

That moment when you realize that one troll thread is contradicting the other troll thread.
Walford played 5 years and sucked 3.5 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back