So UGA

DuffleBagYoda

TBayCane RELOADED
Had secured funds for an IPF... But we Can't even with a larger endowment and worse climate... Scrubbbin

Advertisement
3x times more than the amount of alumni Miami has. However Miami does have the funds to do it they are just being cheap af

I thought it was total value including liquid assets and equity etc...

If im wrong im wrong which i probably am

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
99% of funds UM has does not go toward Athletics. The heavy hitters give towards Healthcare, Healthcare, and more Heatlhcare. Then comes Law, Arts and sciences, Bio, Engineering, Business, and somewhere around 25th on the list of to do's comes football...

I thought it was total value including liquid assets and equity etc...

If im wrong im wrong which i probably am

Endowment Definition | Investopedia

It's more about the fact that most endowment funds are earmarked for certain things...mostly for academics.

If you look at the latest fundraising efforts for UM, the Momentum 2 campaign brought in more than 1.6 billion in donations; only 100 mil of that was earmarked for athletics. The vast majority of it was earmarked by the donors for other purposes--eg, endowed chairships for departments, new endowed professorships, new buildings, new research efforts, new scholarships, new technology, dorm upgrades, etc.

Same with the university endowment. It might be close to a billion, but the football program can't touch the vast majority of those funds; they're earmarked by donors for other purposes, and are invested for those purposes.

In other words, what matters is that UM donors just don't give as much to the football team as UGA donors do. Which is pretty much a given.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5482]Canefam[/MENTION] show a bank statement for a check clearing that you gave. Dont worry bout me blood. Ima football fan. I didn't cheer for UM academics ... U dig

Advertisement
Miami hasn't done well with alumni contributions or endowments in ANY area of the university. The Med School is a mess. Only the Tax Law division is viable in the Law School. Engineering School sucks. Music School is great, but why does the band suck so much? The whole university is badly run and always has been. There have been feeble attempts to improve academics as a whole, but nothing to brag about. Just your ordinary big city commuter school. That's all Miami is.

As for athletics, they're the redheaded stepchild of this so-called university. School made a FORTUNE off football in the '80's and '90's, but none of that money went back into the football program. Any other school (even the nerdy ones), would have at the very least least upgraded the stadium the team played in rather than let the city sell it out from under them to a baseball team.

Last edited:
the real fanatics spent all their money in the flying banner. maybe next month they can scrape a thing.

Miami hasn't done well with alumni contributions or endowments in ANY area of the university. The Med School is a mess. Only the Tax Law division is viable in the Law School. Engineering School sucks. Music School is great, but why does the band suck so much? The whole university is badly run and always has been. There have been feeble attempts to improve academics as a whole, but nothing to brag about. Just your ordinary big city commuter school. That's all Miami is.

Serious musicians DESPISE marching band, especially in the Miami heat, carrying a sousaphone.

Advertisement
Back