So this is what it feels like to have competent co-ordinators

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The thing that was the most encouraging to me was that the OC took what was working rather than forcing the run (like I think a lot of us feared with Mario). Even at the end of the game, when a lot of OCs would have just run the ball, Dawson kept throwing and that lead to the last TD.

Red zone execution, big plays..too early in the season for categorical statements (T A&M d may turn out to be awful - looking at you Aggie db's), but that was impressive from Dawson & co. Which begs the question: were the receivers really that bad last year? I know, a lot of things can be true at the same time. But the guy pointing fingers last year was the main culprit, imo.
DC on the other hand - team was physical and tackled well. May have to keep pressuring with exotic packages because the DL wasn't generating much pressure, and that's a bit concerning.

Imagine going from ******* up coordinator hires as much as possible to this. O wait.

Mario plays 4D chess. He knew the only way to get these players buy all in was to humble them.. so he hired two bum coordinators, broke their spirits & then molded them to the tough nosed team he wanted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back