So there's 2 main thoughts on this board right now

paksat

Junior
Banned
We're gonna find out which one is true over the next few weeks but from what I'm seeing here's the 2 main things

1. Richt has lost it, or he never even had it to begin with.

2. Richt realizes that his qb is soft and this O line belongs in the fcs and has been doing his best since FAU to mask that problem while taking a lot of heat in doing so.

I'm leaning towards 2 for now.. kayaa takes the first chance he gets to get happy feet going, richt has zero faith in the guy. I saw it halfway through the FAU game and I hoped it would go away but it's simply not going anywhere

Some of it just seems inexplicable and this is the only thing I can really think of. Bobby bowden didn't hire this guy because he was a dumb@ss to run his offense. It's simply inexplicable and the only thing I can come up with.

Advertisement
Thought 2 is retarded.

So far, Rick is an abomination as an OC. That is what's happening.

would have like to seen us attack the middle of the field with 86 more. Also more I formation. Too much RPO BS.

Advertisement
While I agree playcalling has been pretty ****, were doing a lot of RPO stuff and that all rests on Kaaka's shoulders.

Number 1 is correct.

Go back to all the threads about UGA underachieving and how Richt did less with more. In those threads is the truth.

I have about 5 thoughts

Brad Rix sucks
Mark Walkon sucks
Our OL sucks
Braxton Veryslows sucks
Mark Richt is a *****

Advertisement
Thought 2 is retarded.

So far, Rick is an abomination as an OC. That is what's happening.

You're the same guy who said there's a reason rick has a smirk on his face before the season started during his interviews and about how kayaa is putting up video game like numbers in scrimmages

So, what happened?

I wanted to believe, but knew better.

Same. Old. Sh$%#.

Defense looks pretty good.

Brad Rix is an official bust, but a lot of that is on our OLine and Al Richden's playcalling.

Walton and Yearby. Meh.

Saving up the best playcalling. LOL.

Going to let Richt bring in a few classes before I call for his head. That being said, the playcalling is abysmal and better be tuned up to keep up with UNC next week.

As for Brad... look I love Brad, and the students love Brad, but he hasn't won a single big game in his 3 years here and he could arguable be 3-0 against FSU but instead he's staring down the barrel of a very lackluster career here. He's gotta get 1000x better under pressure if he even wants a modicum of success at the next level.

Advertisement
Jesus we have a sorry fan base, most of you on here have been all over Richt's
jock so far and 1 L and you're ready to "fly the banner". I agree that he didn't call a great game last night and I'm ****ed too but 1 game doesn't define the coach or team. Let's let this play out then judge. I think he was handed a pretty good roster but the line sucks.

Last edited:
Our OL is so bad we can't run or pass not sure there is a play that can be called to fix that ****.

jock so far and 1 L and you're ready to "fly the banner". I agree that he didn't call a great game last night and I'm ****ed too but 1 game doesn't define the coach or team. Let's let this play out then judge. I don't think he was handed a pretty good roster but the line sucks.

Partly agree, I agree with everything outside of what he was handed roster wise.

Advertisement
Richt needs to hire an OC or he needs to hire a consultant if he insists on calling plays. This conservative bullahit pro style needs to die. Go get a real offensive guru that utilizes the speed we have access to and spreads the ball around.

It's time we caught up to the rest of college football on offense.

jock so far and 1 L and you're ready to "fly the banner". I agree that he didn't call a great game last night and I'm ****ed too but 1 game doesn't define the coach or team. Let's let this play out then judge. I don't think he was handed a pretty good roster but the line sucks.

Partly agree, I agree with everything outside of what he was handed roster wise.
That was a typo on my part. I think he was handed a pretty good roster outside of the line. I've corrected it.

Richt knew we didn't have it in the spring but towards the beginning he started the not put any limits on things mistake. You all must have forgot the OL beatdowns the last few years, still the same guys. And he kept saying we didn't have Miami speed at WR, and we don't. But he also called a terrible second half, it's his job to put his players in the best position.

I will say this, I love Kaaya, he is a great QB. But his lack of immobility is killing us. There is no threat there and defenses know it. And I think a lot of Richt's play calling is because of this. The RPO is to try to keep the defense honest because of it. Unfortunately the OL cant' handle it. They know the DL can handle him if he tries to get out and run. But for a guy like Francis we have to spy him the entire game, it essentially gives them an extra guy in the middle and/or on our TE's.

Advertisement
Back