So Texas turns the AC off in opponents locker room...

Advertisement
The entire visitor sideline at HRS is bathed in sun while the home side gets shaded regardless of game time. You're talking about at least a 20 degree difference.

Weird weather fact. It has only been 100 degrees once since 1895. It was a day in 1942 and it was exactly 100. So it is easy to say it is not the heat it is the humidity in Miami.

Advertisement
I’m from Florida and live in Dallas now. No comparison, there is no humidity, I was in South Florida recently and that warm salty air was wet and moisturized my skin. Texas is literally like being in an oven. Even when I fish I wear UV gear, I can fish in Florida all day, in Texas it’s 2-3 hours max before heat stroking out.
****, I thought Florida heat was worse.

Advertisement
Weird weather fact. It has only been 100 degrees once since 1895. It was a day in 1942 and it was exactly 100. So it is easy to say it is not the heat it is the humidity in Miami.

I remember looking this up when I moved to Miami.

Was just curious about the hottest days on record and was surprised at the lack of 100 degree days compared to Texas cities.

In the military I had training in San Antonio for 3 months of the summer. I don’t think we had many days under 100 that summer. And it was garbage.

Phoenix and Vegas is no different.

But Alburquerque weather is the wave!

At least the Texas players weren't spitting on and twisting ankles and grabbing LSU players " cujones " in after tackle rugby scums. LOL Like those CornSUCKER players against Colorado Saturday past.

In an after game interview, Colorado QB Montez said CornSUCKER players were " hitting below the belt " and all that. LOL And I absolutely believe him!

Advertisement
Must be a Texas thing.

Still remember the air conditioning mysteriously not working when the heat faced the Spurs in San Antonio in game 1 of the NBA Finals a few years ago. Lebron was known to suffer from cramping and dehydration. Sure enough, it affected him during this game.

Miraculously, right after the game, the A/C unit started working perfectly again. I’ll never forget Tim Duncan’s expression when he was asked on the tonight show if it had been just an accident. He just smiled slyly and said, “yes.”

I’m from Florida and live in Dallas now. No comparison, there is no humidity, I was in South Florida recently and that warm salty air was wet and moisturized my skin. Texas is literally like being in an oven. Even when I fish I wear UV gear, I can fish in Florida all day, in Texas it’s 2-3 hours max before heat stroking out.
Glad you got moisturized.

I went there years ago for training. To me it felt like if you stand directly behind an old bus. Just blasting dry heat all over you. Even in the shade there was no relief.

Advertisement
I like Hermann. He’ll get it going there eventually. Just needs a legit QB and a couple DL.
Going to get there eventually? LOL Why should their fans be patient with him? According to the guru's on this board HC's need to get it done yesterday or be canned.

We went to the Baylor/UM game a number of years back and the heat was so oppressive (it was a 1:30 game) it was sickening. Drink a lot of beer, eat Tex-Mex and sit in 110 degree heat...heat stroke central. Huge difference from Miami.

Heard a funny story about the Jets when they played in the old Vet. Apparently, the visitors locker room had ONE toliet, sitting in the middle of the room. No stall, no privacy, no toliet paper.

So if a player needed to go; they'd have to drop a deuce in front of everyone. xD

I don't really consider these kind of measures cheating or unsportsmanlike. It's gamesmanship. The Raiders of the 70's were notorious for that kind of behavior.

Advertisement
Back