So, some perspective...

Advertisement
Today was a good day. We won, and we looked good doing so. The guys should be happy, proud of themselves, and proud of the way they sent the seniors out in their final home game.

They should have some fun tonight, I know I would, if I was in their Adidas.

That having been said, every single player on that team, and coach, should be going to bed tonight, or tomorrow morning, with a splinter in their brain. A splinter that nags at them relentlessly, about what could have been. What SHOULD have been. About how fleeting opportunity is. About how quickly “tomorrow” becomes “yesterday” or “yesteryear”.

This is a talented team, with a gritty, and intelligent, bunch of guys and coaches. This is a team that deserves more than playing for “a trophy, any trophy” in some generally inconsequential bowl game.

Baby steps, I get it. But eventually, a baby starts making quantum leaps in its development. Every single player on this team should have GT, VT, UNC, and especially UF causing them waking nightmares, until they rectify that ****.

6-4 is better than 4-6, no doubt, but 6-4 is not “good enough”.

Jeff Thomas, Jon Garvin, Deejay Dallas, Trajan Bandy, Jon Ford, etc., you have unfinished business and much left to prove. Come back, be the leaders you are, hold yourselves and your teammates accountable to the standard and the stature YOU deserve.

Show the world that this isn’t a rebuild, it was just a symptom of growing pains, and go be world beaters, rather than just a bunch of guys who played football at “The U”.

Its possible GT game HAD to happen for the turnaround to begin. Players think they are good enough to beat a garbage team with a half *** effort. Losing to the worst team in the country had to be humbling. I've seen a new focus since GT. I think Miami wins out the rest of the season. Then we have a cakewalk in 2020 until Michigan State, at which point we will have been on a 9 game win streak. Get past Michigan State, then its GT (revenge) and Duke at home. Both should be Ws. Then we hit the matchup against the Deion Sanders coached Florida State Seminoles at home while on an 11 game win streak. If all goes to plan, Miami should probably be ranked top 10 after beating FSU.

You can't undo those games, so it's pointless to walk around ****ed off about them.

exactly. Learn from mistakes; learn how to win. Couldn’t care less about kicking errors against GT or mistakes on a 4th and 17 against UNC. We turned things around against Pitt and we are establishing an identity/culture. Now on to FIU and finish strong. I feel better about this team than the 2017 team. These wins aren’t flukes. All phases look improved.

Advertisement
Gotta live in the now. This team want this team until now so we can't hold the past up against who we are now. The team we have since the Pitt game needs to continue to grow, get better and strive for greatness.

I'm here with them and along for the ride. I think/hope this is our team going forward, the new Miami we were promised. This team can be special and everyone came see it because it finally came together. Go Canes!

We are literally 2 plays away from 7-2 and it makes me so mad. A 4th & 17 and a FG against GT.

I think we make a huge jump record wise next year because we fix the little things that cost us all the close games but one.

Advertisement
We had to experience the losses and the pain to get to where we need to be. It was the only way you build the bond. Holding each other accountable. Manny is the right coach for this team at the right time. We don't have a staff of A+ recruiters but we have a staff that the players have bought into and can actually teach and coach them. That's huge.

Remeber but never dwell on past failures. I can understand using them as a point of reference but using failure as motivation has it's limitations.

This team needs to have 100% confidence in it's talent, preparation, desire and toughness, not use the past as motivation.

Agreed watching other teams around college football the last 2 weeks and we have a better defense than most of them and better over all talent. Sadly we are better than every coastal team but early season blunders have doomed us. Really unfortunate. Gunna take a miracle to play for anything meaningful.

Advertisement
Today was a good day. We won, and we looked good doing so. The guys should be happy, proud of themselves, and proud of the way they sent the seniors out in their final home game.

That having been said, every single player on that team, and coach, should be going to bed tonight, or tomorrow morning, with a splinter in their brain. A splinter that nags at them relentlessly, about what could have been. What SHOULD have been. About how fleeting opportunity is. About how quickly “tomorrow” becomes “yesterday” or “yesteryear”.

This is a talented team, with a gritty, and intelligent, bunch of guys and coaches. This is a team that deserves more than playing for “a trophy, any trophy” in some generally inconsequential bowl game.

Baby steps, I get it. But eventually, a baby starts making quantum leaps in its development. Every single player on this team should have GT, VT, UNC, and especially UF causing them waking nightmares, until they rectify that ****.

Jeff Thomas, Jon Garvin, Deejay Dallas, Trajan Bandy, Jon Ford, etc., you have unfinished business and much left to prove. Come back, be the leaders you are, hold yourselves and your teammates accountable to the standard and the stature YOU deserve.

Show the world that this isn’t a rebuild, it was just a symptom of growing pains, and go be world beaters, rather than just a bunch of guys who played football at “The U”.
I really believe all of them should come back to boost their draft stock , not quite ready for the nfl.

Don’t play that game. Completely different team the last 3 weeks compared to the first 7 weeks. You are what your record says and we were not a good team those 7 weeks.

I agree were a different team, but when coaches say little things matter they're not lying....we were not a good team but still could have won those games. We were never blown out or overmatched. This team is finding it's way and hitting its stride right now

I agree were a different team, but when coaches say little things matter they're not lying....we were not a good team but still could have won those games. We were never blown out or overmatched. This team is finding it's way and hitting its stride right now
Agreed but it's an easy excuse to poor execution and bad decisions. Should we have won some of those games, absolutely, but those games might have been necessary for the turnaround we are seeing today for such a young inexperienced team. If we can win the next two, get a decent bowl game and win that then this season reminds me of 2016 going into 2017 when we won 10 straight.

Advertisement

But they are already talking about the haters and how they proved them wrong at 6-4

Everyone ponders the what if in their lives.you can go to school,train all you want but you have to get experience at whatever you are doing to get the full picture.think all of us jumped the gun on this team and it's rookie hc the first part of the season.this is a lesson for us fans as well.it took game experience and the lumps that go with it for this team and hc to learn how to win.it's still (the team) isn't where it needs to be but it seems to be taking the steps necessary to propel itself to bigger things.maybe we the fans need to quit analyzing or criticizing every move the team and hc do and sit back and watch it grow.patience is a great virtue some including me need to learn.

Advertisement
Back