So, some perspective...

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
Today was a good day. We won, and we looked good doing so. The guys should be happy, proud of themselves, and proud of the way they sent the seniors out in their final home game.

They should have some fun tonight, I know I would, if I was in their Adidas.

That having been said, every single player on that team, and coach, should be going to bed tonight, or tomorrow morning, with a splinter in their brain. A splinter that nags at them relentlessly, about what could have been. What SHOULD have been. About how fleeting opportunity is. About how quickly “tomorrow” becomes “yesterday” or “yesteryear”.

This is a talented team, with a gritty, and intelligent, bunch of guys and coaches. This is a team that deserves more than playing for “a trophy, any trophy” in some generally inconsequential bowl game.

Baby steps, I get it. But eventually, a baby starts making quantum leaps in its development. Every single player on this team should have GT, VT, UNC, and especially UF causing them waking nightmares, until they rectify that ****.

6-4 is better than 4-6, no doubt, but 6-4 is not “good enough”.

Jeff Thomas, Jon Garvin, Deejay Dallas, Trajan Bandy, Jon Ford, etc., you have unfinished business and much left to prove. Come back, be the leaders you are, hold yourselves and your teammates accountable to the standard and the stature YOU deserve.

Show the world that this isn’t a rebuild, it was just a symptom of growing pains, and go be world beaters, rather than just a bunch of guys who played football at “The U”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't dwell on what if's g, especially the way this team has been playing the last few weeks. I get it. It's frustrating seeing what might have been but at least we're seeing progress in the right direction. Lot's of positive things to be excited about.

Saying "what could have been" should be the focus of anyone's thoughts is perhaps the worst advice anyone could ever give.

Sounds like the words of someone who failed and never tried again.

“Success bubbles up from a large pool of failures.” - unkown

Failure is THE #1 determinant and driver of success. If you don’t learn from and allow yourself to be driven to achieve by “what should have been”, you never get anywhere.
If you don’t believe that, ask the 2001, 1991, 1989, 1987, etc Canes teams.

Advertisement
Sounds like the words of someone who failed and never tried again.

“Success bubbles up from a large pool of failures.” - unkown

Failure is THE #1 determinant and driver of success. If you don’t learn from and allow yourself to be driven to achieve by “what should have been”, you never get anywhere.
If you don’t believe that, ask the 2001, 1991, 1989, 1987, etc Canes teams.

So you're doubling down.

People who try again after failing don't constantly remind themselves of what could have been. They learn from their mistakes and look forward, not backwards. Not sure what kind of momentum killing advice it is to say "don't get too excited, remember how you blew it last month".

My bad...read it as same game. Too much bourbon!
I know. Just meant that 1 play in the UNC game. We should have rolled GT but played like trash the entire game. 4th and 17 against UNC is the play that will always stick out as the one that cost us.

Good post OP

Hope we continue and grab somebody like Texas in Orlando and beat the brakes off them

Advertisement
I don't care who blasts me for saying this, but - if this team keeps growing and maturing and working together as a family that loves each other and is desperate to do something historic, there is no ceiling to this team next year. That's right, I said no ceiling. Uh huh, ACCCHGM, playoffs, NCGM, etc. They have it within them to do it and we now have the QB and (I think) the OL coach to get us there.

See absolutely nothing wrong with the OP's mindset because it should* eliminate the crutch in the future of not fearing failure as much as we probably should've because we can still "focus on the goal of Charlotte". That seemed to be the early and immediate retort this season about not focusing on losses.....until the losses became too numerous to allow Charlotte to be a reality.

Advertisement
I know. Just meant that 1 play in the UNC game. We should have rolled GT but played like trash the entire game. 4th and 17 against UNC is the play that will always stick out as the one that cost us.

I feel better than I did a month ago. But unc and GT haunt me. I feel you bro.

Advertisement
Back