So Nunn just decommitted

Advertisement
Dudes were complaining that south Florida kids were leaving for other programs. I said they leave for programs that win more than us. That's it. They made their point and I made mine. I believe that Nunn, Crowley, and Ingraham would all be committed to Miami if we beat Duke, Virginia, and Boston College. CubanCane thinks we need players who will stay committed regardless of the losses to those 3 schools. This is a DISCUSSION board. We can agree to disagree. I have no problem with what he said, I just put my .02 in as why i thought he was wrong. He told me why he thought I was wrong.

Stop being a clown who keeps putting words in my mouth.

Crowley and Ingraham left or signaled their intention to leave (Crowly) BEFORE the 3 game slide.

That extension made no sense. I can understand if it were a young guy that might have other suitors that might try to poach him and you needed to lock him up long term. But even if Richt won a NC, he wasn't going anywhere at his age. Blake is in way over his head.

Teams give college coaches extensions all the time even if their futures are uncertain b/c if the coach does not have a long term contract then other schools use it as a negative recruiting tool. "Richt's contract expires in 2020 when you'll be a sophomore .... he won't be there for your last 2-3 years".

Advertisement
Unless/until CMR makes staff changes, we will land only those players who are life-long canes. The rest will make a decision that is best for themselves and their families [ie go to winning programs].

Teams give college coaches extensions all the time even if their futures are uncertain b/c if the coach does not have a long term contract then other schools use it as a negative recruiting tool. "Richt's contract expires in 2020 when you'll be a sophomore .... he won't be there for your last 2-3 years".

The issue is we extended Shannon and it backfired. We extended Golden and it backfired. We of all people should have known better with these early extensions. There was no pressure to extend Richt. He could have waited until after this year and made this a prove it year for Richt rather than being happy with 10 wins. Everyone knew Richt wasn't going anywhere so the negative recruiting wouldn't work.

Advertisement
The issue is we extended Shannon and it backfired. We extended Golden and it backfired. We of all people should have known better with these early extensions. There was no pressure to extend Richt. He could have waited until after this year and made this a prove it year for Richt rather than being happy with 10 wins. Everyone knew Richt wasn't going anywhere so the negative recruiting wouldn't work.

How did it backfire? Do you know the terms of the termination for either of Shannon's or Golden's contract?

I'll answer for you ... you have/had no idea. Maybe the buyout was a fixed amount regardless of years remaining? The buyout was never the reason for keeping either Shannon nor Golden and won't be for Richt.

Does make a lick of difference if we gave him a 10 year extension as long as the termination clause isn't onerous.

How did it backfire? Do you know the terms of the termination for either of Shannon's or Golden's contract?

I'll answer for you ... you have/had no idea. Maybe the buyout was a fixed amount regardless of years remaining? The buyout was never the reason for keeping either Shannon nor Golden and won't be for Richt.

Does make a lick of difference if we gave him a 10 year extension as long as the termination clause isn't onerous.

It backfired because we had to pay those buyouts. Doesnt matter if I don't know how much, I know we paid them both. **** we have Golden suing saying we still owe him money right now. You don't think paying Shannon to not coach here has anything to do with going cheap and hiring Golden?

And as far as Richt, it makes a difference because Miami isn't going fire him after they just extended him, he knows that, we the fans know that, the whole world knows it. He would actually feel a some sort of heat if we waited and we still had this type of season we are having.

It backfired because we had to pay those buyouts. Doesnt matter if I don't know how much, I know we paid them both. **** we have Golden suing saying we still owe him money right now. You don't think paying Shannon to not coach here has anything to do with going cheap and hiring Golden?

And as far as Richt, it makes a difference because Miami isn't going fire him after they just extended him, he knows that, we the fans know that, the whole world knows it. He would actually feel a some sort of heat if we waited and we still had this type of season we are having.

So your answer is you have no idea and are guessing.

Also seems that you forgot we extended Shannon and then fired him less than 12 months later so your second point is mute as well.

The bottom line is *****ing about a contract extension is a waste of time. When/if its time to fire Richt it will simply be about the buyout and since we have no idea what those terms are its pointless to try to make an issue out of it now. What we do know is that there are countless articles discussing coaches that aren't extended to have 5+ years remaining are at a distinct disadvantage in recruiting.

Advertisement
So your answer is you have no idea and are guessing.

Also seems that you forgot we extended Shannon and then fired him less than 12 months later so your second point is mute as well.

PS: There are countless articles discussing coaches that aren't extended to have 5+ years remaining are at a distinct disadvantage in recruiting.

So we extended Richt for recruiting and recruiting is still ****? So we lose on both sides. Stuck with a coach who can't win or recruit even with every advantage he needs. You don't extend coaches who don't earn it, period.

Advertisement
Richts history is that of a 10 win coach.

So if he has one down year is that normal?

He has averaged 9.5 since he has been at Miami.

It’s the Lebron generation.

They want the easier road and path to winning.

It’s hard to build an empire.

I think he needs to make changes for sure. Let’s not act like the guy is a career losing coach.

He has OCed TWO Heisman winners and a NC, and won 2 SEC East Titles, and as recently as 2012 had built the 2nd best team in America behind Alabama.

Some chumps out here acting like he is John L Smith.

He won Miami’s first bowl game in a decade,
First 10 win season since 2003. won the Costal first time since joining the ACC.

Miami as a program sucked for the better part of 12 years, and abanded the football program while everyone else caught and ran laps around us.

Miami fell off because of the administration from early 2000s to 2015 when they finally started making football a priority again.

So we extended Richt for recruiting and recruiting is still ****? So we lose on both sides. Stuck with a coach who can't win or recruit even with every advantage he needs. You don't extend coaches who don't earn it, period.

Contract extensions are given all the time in every facet of business with both parties knowing that there are termination/separation terms. There are a lot of things to complain about lately but a contract extension which at the very minimum eliminates one negative recruiting tactic is certainly not something to be *****ing about.

Let's think about this for a moment, let's say it's your son wanting to come here he commits then see's the fan base lose their **** after a few losses then we got talk of banners flying over, coaches being ripped on social media and in the local newspapers etc. ,
The head coach calls the same plays with no creativity, can't decide which QB to start makes excuses for his decision's that make zero sense, special team's is anything but "special" and the crowd boo's often due to the horrific football you are witnessing and you're watching the class unravel because of all this, does this sound like a great situation?
Take your orange and green glasses off and answer honestly and let's not use the "well he should want to be a Cane" BS either. Ok you can make an argument for playing time but no one has faith in the coaches and want them all fired after these kids built a relationship with them? Coaches tell them one thing and they are young listening to all the BS in social media and the papers? We're a dumpster fire!

Let's think about this for a moment, let's say it's your son wanting to come here he commits then see's the fan base lose their **** after a few losses then we got talk of banners flying over, coaches being ripped on social media and in the local newspapers etc. ,
The head coach calls the same plays with no creativity, can't decide which QB to start makes excuses for his decision's that make zero sense, special team's is anything but "special" and the crowd boo's often due to the horrific football you are witnessing and you're watching the class unravel because of all this, does this sound like a great situation?
Take your orange and green glasses off and answer honestly and let's not use the "well he should want to be a Cane" BS either. Ok you can make an argument for playing time but no one has faith in the coaches and want them all fired after these kids built a relationship with them? Coaches tell them one thing and they are young listening to all the BS in social media and the papers? We're a dumpster fire!

Only problem with this argument is it happens everywhere.

OSU has one loss and was booed at halftime against Nebraska WHILE ***aloon Crowley was there on his visit.

Penn State fans are in full meltdown mode.

The same thing happens with every fanbase.

Advertisement
Back