so my buddy is at the game...

Advertisement
Like I said decent crowd all things considered. Student section was obviously empty as the kids are home. I thought the crowd was very much into the game.

* Energized crowd. You nailed the key variable...the totally empty student section. It was hilarious when they did the standard fire extinguisher gag in the student section during a time out and the only people nearby were the band members. That gag is designed to rock the stadium with noise and energy

* Canes games always feature a late arriving crowd. Best perspective is late first quarter. By that point virtually everyone who is going to show up is there. A photo from kickoff time is always going to understate the final crowd size

* Field was changed since the Duke game. New sod between the goal lines but for whatever reason they decided to keep the same old sod in both end zones

* I can't believe they chose to fly a banner and used that convoluted message. Incredibly inept. Not many people can read the entire thing, let alone remember it or repeat it. Bottom line, WestEndZone butchered the banner selection far beyond anything Mark Richt has done to the football program.

* I arrived early, per usual, on Senior Day. There were something like 24 seniors announced to the crowd today. Granted, most of them were reserves, and we are only 2 days beyond Thanksgiving. But I have to say that was easily the most miserable collection of body types I have ever seen on Senior Day. Seemed like somebody's idea of a joke. Roll on top of roll. It was difficult to find one player who looked to be in excellent shape, other than a couple of starting defensive backs. Throughout that ceremony I kept thinking what a similar collection of Alabama seniors would look like.

That's because UM is determined to make ****** hires.

I've said before - Saban doesn't COST Alabama a dime. Doesn't matter what his salary is.

Saban wins - packs stadiums - and earns the University of Alabama WAY more than he costs.

UM's finance office must be amateurs - to not communicate the economics of a major winning football program in this day and age. It's big money for a winning program.

UM? They don't get it. They just don't get it.

****, this is a little private school in South Florida. Schnellenberger put UM on the National map - then Jimmy Johnson, and then Ericksen, and Butch Davis - they put UM on the International map.

Typical small minded thinking....Howard & JJ should have been on our Board of directors..

Advertisement
Not even close to that. And the student section was almost empty

1543163369692.png

Not saying it was 59k but it confirms my original post.

Advertisement
Not even close to that. And the student section was almost empty

Great crowd actually, this entire thread is an epic fail ..... much like that abomination of a banner, LOL, hilarious. Some of you ******** are down right cliche’.

Easily 45k there last night. Entire home side was packed. Student section no bueno due to thanksgiving and the fact that no one is from Miami. Parking lots were bumping and he crowd was loud!

Lol at those pics. If he didn’t send you any more pics. My only complaint is most of the fans looked like they were scared to get out of there seats and make some noise unless it was a big play. No one should be sitting down quite on 3rd down with the visiting team trying to work out of the endzone. But that’s just me

* Energized crowd. You nailed the key variable...the totally empty student section. It was hilarious when they did the standard fire extinguisher gag in the student section during a time out and the only people nearby were the band members. That gag is designed to rock the stadium with noise and energy

* Canes games always feature a late arriving crowd. Best perspective is late first quarter. By that point virtually everyone who is going to show up is there. A photo from kickoff time is always going to understate the final crowd size

* Field was changed since the Duke game. New sod between the goal lines but for whatever reason they decided to keep the same old sod in both end zones

* I can't believe they chose to fly a banner and used that convoluted message. Incredibly inept. Not many people can read the entire thing, let alone remember it or repeat it. Bottom line, WestEndZone butchered the banner selection far beyond anything Mark Richt has done to the football program.

* I arrived early, per usual, on Senior Day. There were something like 24 seniors announced to the crowd today. Granted, most of them were reserves, and we are only 2 days beyond Thanksgiving. But I have to say that was easily the most miserable collection of body types I have ever seen on Senior Day. Seemed like somebody's idea of a joke. Roll on top of roll. It was difficult to find one player who looked to be in excellent shape, other than a couple of starting defensive backs. Throughout that ceremony I kept thinking what a similar collection of Alabama seniors would look like.

what did the banner say?

Advertisement
That's because UM is determined to make ****** hires.

I've said before - Saban doesn't COST Alabama a dime. Doesn't matter what his salary is.

Saban wins - packs stadiums - and earns the University of Alabama WAY more than he costs.

UM's finance office must be amateurs - to not communicate the economics of a major winning football program in this day and age. It's big money for a winning program.

UM? They don't get it. They just don't get it.

****, this is a little private school in South Florida. Schnellenberger put UM on the National map - then Jimmy Johnson, and then Ericksen, and Butch Davis - they put UM on the International map.
960x0.jpg

funny, my friends, who unlike you, were there, tell me differently. How odd.

I'd guess close to 45K in the stands. Maybe a couple of hundred students tops with the band. My son sat in Section 220 with us. All of his dorm mates are still home. Pentland was empty last night when we dropped him off.

Advertisement
Shame the game wasn't televised....

The Pitt vs Miami game wasn't televised?

It sure was, watched it on ESPN/app. Early on the crowd looked sparse, but it looked like the stadium had a decent crowd about half way through the first quarter. Everyone there was quite vocal, especially when the refs tried to call targeting.

The Pitt vs Miami game wasn't televised?

It sure was, watched it on ESPN/app. Early on the crowd looked sparse, but it looked like the stadium had a decent crowd about half way through the first quarter. Everyone there was quite vocal, especially when the refs tried to call targeting.
thats called "SARCASM" ..... look it up

Great crowd actually, this entire thread is an epic fail ..... much like that abomination of a banner, LOL, hilarious. Some of you ******** are down right cliche’.

Easily 45k there last night. Entire home side was packed. Student section no bueno due to thanksgiving and the fact that no one is from Miami. Parking lots were bumping and he crowd was loud!
45k is not good.

Advertisement
Back