So much talent

This is why recruiting rankings don't necessarily matter when it comes to Miami. They underrate Miami commits to begin with anyway. Just like how we had the 21st best class in the country last year. That couldn't be further from the truth consider how much talent was in the class. That was a top 3 productive class in the country. Who brought in a better linebacker group, de and receiver than Miami in that class? I'd take that class over 99% of the classs ranked ahead of us in 2016

Advertisement
This is why recruiting rankings don't necessarily matter when it comes to Miami. They underrate Miami commits to begin with anyway. Just like how we had the 21st best class in the country last year. That couldn't be further from the truth consider how much talent was in the class. That was a top 3 productive class in the country. Who brought in a better linebacker group, de and receiver than Miami in that class? I'd take that class over 99% of the classs ranked ahead of us in 2016

I used to be entertained by those theories about how the rating services underrate all of our classes. Whether because they hate Miami, Miami has too few subscribers or Mark Richt is a tremendous talent evaluator. But at this point I've read those theories so much that I'm sick and tired of them.

Miami is starting to get loaded
Just look at the talent at de, dt, receiver, tight end, qb, oline, linebacker and to a certain extent db and running back.

Db is still a work in progress but this 2018 class will be the hallmark for that position
Rb will also be solidified with some big targets in 2018

We have one proven rb. How is that loaded?
We have 1 proven option at te. How is that loaded?
OL recruiting class is great but that's all youth. How are we loaded at ol?

Just look at the talent at de, dt, receiver, tight end, qb, oline, linebacker and to a certain extent db and running back.

Db is still a work in progress but this 2018 class will be the hallmark for that position

loaded doesn mean just proven talent...

I said to a certain extent at running back.
Not many teams have been te overall backs than mark walton. And then you have a speedy Travis homer, traygone gray and Robert burns. In the acc alone that's bette than anyone in the conference not named fsu or maybe clemson.

Tight end
Herndon will be one of the best in the acc next year. People like to forget but he's extremely talented as well. And from all accounts jovani Haskins is a monster on the field and Irvin is really good as well.

Oline
McDermott 4star
Darling 4star
St. Louis 4star
George brown 4star
Navaughn donaldson 4star
Kai Leon Herbert 4star
Zalontae hillery 4star
Bar milo 4star
Corey gaynor 3star
Zach dykstra 3star
Tyler gauthier 3star
Nick Linder 3star
Sunny odogwu 3star
To name a few. You bring back a group of players that have started many games and an infusion of young talent that was one of the best oline classes in the country

loaded doesn mean just proven talent...

I said to a certain extent at running back.
Not many teams have been te overall backs than mark walton. And then you have a speedy Travis homer, traygone gray and Robert burns. In the acc alone that's bette than anyone in the conference not named fsu or maybe clemson.

Tight end
Herndon will be one of the best in the acc next year. People like to forget but he's extremely talented as well. And from all accounts jovani Haskins is a monster on the field and Irvin is really good as well.

Oline
McDermott 4star
Darling 4star
St. Louis 4star
George brown 4star
Navaughn donaldson 4star
Kai Leon Herbert 4star
Zalontae hillery 4star
Bar milo 4star
Corey gaynor 3star
Zach dykstra 3star
Tyler gauthier 3star
Nick Linder 3star
Sunny odogwu 3star
To name a few. You bring back a group of players that have started many games and an infusion of young talent that was one of the best oline classes in the country

Thanks for giving me current ol hs star rankings.... Cause McDermott has played like a four •

Advertisement
Depth brings competition, competition raises the level of play on the field....

I'm good with this class, now coach em up.....

The key word to your post is *starting* Get to ACC Championship Game. Win 11 games. Play attractive, attacking football on all 3 sides of the ball every time out with SWAG only a true CANE honestly possesses, and 2018 signing day will be enormous. We now have a good foundation. 1-2 cycles away from being a consistent top 5 powerhouse again. It will happen.

That's the only thing that will take a lil time. People don't seem to realize the key to a really good special teams (like Devin days)is line backers & safeties. Once we get that real depth going where we can send out a plethora of goons to lay people out in blocking assignments well be ready. We had d lineman & oline in this year's special teams. Although that's okay for certain really athletic ones it's not a norm for sure. We're almost back to seeing that explosion on a consistent basis.

No depth at DT, Moten and Fines could not sniff any playing time at schools like Clemson and FSU.

You're bat **** crazy if you think moten can't play just about anywhere. His only problem is he hasn't been able to stay healthy

The key word to your post is *starting* Get to ACC Championship Game. Win 11 games. Play attractive, attacking football on all 3 sides of the ball every time out with SWAG only a true CANE honestly possesses, and 2018 signing day will be enormous. We now have a good foundation. 1-2 cycles away from being a consistent top 5 powerhouse again. It will happen.

That's the only thing that will take a lil time. People don't seem to realize the key to a really good special teams (like Devin days)is line backers & safeties. Once we get that real depth going where we can send out a plethora of goons to lay people out in blocking assignments well be ready. We had d lineman & oline in this year's special teams. Although that's okay for certain really athletic ones it's not a norm for sure. We're almost back to seeing that explosion on a consistent basis.

true, a great indicator of depth is special teams' personnel. certain coaches, regardless of depth, put defensive (and some offensive) starters on special teams kickoffs. last year Walton played a lot of gunner on kickoffs, but I'm hoping that was cuz richt and hartley recognized depth issues. can't really afford to put Walton at gunner this year.

Advertisement
Miami needs to build depth at DB, DT, RB and TE next class while supplementing the rest to really be loaded. Top ten loaded.

Name 10 teams you think are "loaded" at those positions?

You might be right, it's a short list. But isn't that the objective.

I get that in today's world we have to first win the stupid Coastal. But we're not there until we beat the Bamas and FSUs.

I understand in reality you only win or you lose. Depth plays a great part in a team game but they're not necessarily gonna be the difference in a win or a loss. Our reality is fsu is not a better squad than us for atleast 3 years now & 4 is debatable. They have better depth at most positions but we have a few integral spots we have better units at. This win the coastal I don't feel is really a proper barometer for us much longer. Clemson clearly is the best team in the ACC but we can definitely give em a game. Our main thing right now is building cohesiveness at the oline cause their main problem is they don't know how to play with each other enough & their communication is horrible & we gotta make a qb (whomever we go with) confident that we have his back & this is his team so he can simply come out & do what he came here to do. Personally I think for my own reasons that's jack but we'll see. Obviously it could be nkosi,could be cade. **** it could even be sheriff's ****** round. Just WON'T be roziers! Lmao. Either way it goes boys we got alot of things to look forward to this year & the years to come.let's try & do our part & support them.

I understand in reality you only win or you lose. Depth plays a great part in a team game but they're not necessarily gonna be the difference in a win or a loss. Our reality is fsu is not a better squad than us for atleast 3 years now & 4 is debatable. They have better depth at most positions but we have a few integral spots we have better units at. This win the coastal I don't feel is really a proper barometer for us much longer. Clemson clearly is the best team in the ACC but we can definitely give em a game. Our main thing right now is building cohesiveness at the oline cause their main problem is they don't know how to play with each other enough & their communication is horrible & we gotta make a qb (whomever we go with) confident that we have his back & this is his team so he can simply come out & do what he came here to do. Personally I think for my own reasons that's jack but we'll see. Obviously it could be nkosi,could be cade. **** it could even be sheriff's ****in round. Just WON'T be roziers! Lmao. Either way it goes boys we got alot of things to look forward to this year & the years to come.let's try & do our part & support them.

How good is Searels?

Last edited:
I understand in reality you only win or you lose. Depth plays a great part in a team game but they're not necessarily gonna be the difference in a win or a loss. Our reality is fsu is not a better squad than us for atleast 3 years now & 4 is debatable. They have better depth at most positions but we have a few integral spots we have better units at. This win the coastal I don't feel is really a proper barometer for us much longer. Clemson clearly is the best team in the ACC but we can definitely give em a game. Our main thing right now is building cohesiveness at the oline cause their main problem is they don't know how to play with each other enough & their communication is horrible & we gotta make a qb (whomever we go with) confident that we have his back & this is his team so he can simply come out & do what he came here to do. Personally I think for my own reasons that's jack but we'll see. Obviously it could be nkosi,could be cade. **** it could even be sheriff's ****in round. Just WON'T be roziers! Lmao. Either way it goes boys we got alot of things to look forward to this year & the years to come.let's try & do our part & support them.

Anything you heard lately in regards to the ipf?

Advertisement

Anything you heard lately in regards to the ipf?

We're trying to time it out with paradise. From my understanding the last 2 million was pledged Monday. But we're in the process of verifying funds. If we learned anything from Shapiro it's all funds large or small need to be thoroughly scrutinized. We had all funds in place last month but 4 mill was returned between 3 separate investors who were on boards for companies that were either recently convicted of tax fraud or in 1 case just indicted.

How good is Searels?

I've been vocal from the beginning that he's the one piece of the staff I wasn't sold on (mainly because I know who the other finalist for the job was. But our oline alums (mainly Bryant & joaquin) love this guy & are sold on him. I couldn't ask for any more of an endorsement especially considering most of them see art like a father to them.

How good is Searels?

I've been vocal from the beginning that he's the one piece of the staff I wasn't sold on (mainly because I know who the other finalist for the job was. But our oline alums (mainly Bryant & joaquin) love this guy & are sold on him. I couldn't ask for any more of an endorsement especially considering most of them see art like a father to them.

Alright. I have to ask. And I demand an honest answer! Does the 2017 team have more talent than your senior year in Miami? :monkey-serious:

Advertisement

How good is Searels?

Alright. I have to ask. And I demand an honest answer! Does the 2017 team have more talent than your senior year in Miami? :monkey-serious:

Incredibly easy answer is no. But they will play better as a team. We were deep into probation. Our numbers were to ****. We had to practice with a decent amount of dudes playing iron man (both sides). This team doesn't have those sorts of number issues. It's minimal right now. Our real problem now isn't so much numbers as in we don't have the players,it's we don't have quality numbers.we don't know what this class & last class will ultimately become like hindsight obviously has showed us with Butch classes. Personally I think Richt's teams will turn out better than butch(teams, stress team as in results not individual players)butch best team was the year he left. Richt has that potential with us now. Not necessarily this year obviously but in our near future.this 18 class is the real turning point for us. Once this class comes in IF as expected we don't fear no one... I can't wait to see what this team becomes in the next year or two.

Advertisement
Back