So much talent

Advertisement
We r not even remotely close to the teams mentioned above. You can attack posters for being realists all you want but it doesn't change the fact. I'd like to know where this amazing DT talent is I keep hearing about. We r a couple classes away from being anywhere near the bamas FSU, OSU, AND CLEMSONS OF THE WORLD. I'm stoked about the future but being a realistic fan does not equal as suggested. GTFU

We r not even remotely close to the teams mentioned above. You can attack posters for being realists all you want but it doesn't change the fact. I'd like to know where this amazing DT talent is I keep hearing about. We r a couple classes away from being anywhere near the bamas FSU, OSU, AND CLEMSONS OF THE WORLD. I'm stoked about the future but being a realistic fan does not equal as suggested. GTFU

Both of our starting dtackles had 10 tfls or more and we had lowest yards per rush rates in the country

Miami needs to build depth at DB, DT, RB and TE next class while supplementing the rest to really be loaded. Top ten loaded.

Name 10 teams you think are "loaded" at those positions?

Miami hasn't finished with a top ten class in a decade. Self explanatory.

Oh so u talkn about recruiting rankings when I'm talking about depth on a team?? Logic? There aren't 10 teams loaded at several positions at once aside from Bama maybe OSU FSU to an extent.

Teams in the top 10 aren't pulling out their 3rd string depth chart winning games it only takes a couple playmakers on both sides of the ball with consistent qb play to become a top 10 team.

Advertisement
The key word to your post is *starting* Get to ACC Championship Game. Win 11 games. Play attractive, attacking football on all 3 sides of the ball every time out with SWAG only a true CANE honestly possesses, and 2018 signing day will be enormous. We now have a good foundation. 1-2 cycles away from being a consistent top 5 powerhouse again. It will happen.
When richt and diaz said we were 2 signing classes away from being where we need to be a few months ago I dismissed that at the time. However I can see now ..when you factor in the quality of kids we have brought in the last 2 classes put together. Stack another talented 2018 class and Miami will be in our best position in years

It's going to take two more years minimum with Mr. Ed and Jimbo taking all these S FL recruits. We're a LONG way from being back.

The key word to your post is *starting* Get to ACC Championship Game. Win 11 games. Play attractive, attacking football on all 3 sides of the ball every time out with SWAG only a true CANE honestly possesses, and 2018 signing day will be enormous. We now have a good foundation. 1-2 cycles away from being a consistent top 5 powerhouse again. It will happen.
When richt and diaz said we were 2 signing classes away from being where we need to be a few months ago I dismissed that at the time. However I can see now ..when you factor in the quality of kids we have brought in the last 2 classes put together. Stack another talented 2018 class and Miami will be in our best position in years

It'll still need to be a **** of a class. If we're going to be "where we need to be" there can't be any holes next year. 2 really good RB, maybe 3. Several really good DBs. More OL and DL talent. A few top receivers. If we strike out anywhere we won't be where we need to be yet. I don't say this to be a mope, but we still have holes and haven't put together a complete class in a long time. Headed in the right direction, but this trajectory needs to continue.

Ah here come the negative troll accounts

I think I've figured this site out a bit. If you ignore reality and have your hopes up, your "crank" is raging. If you admit to being a little reserved your are a negative troll. Cranks ands trolls. Sounds like a terrible **** flick

Advertisement
Ah here come the negative troll accounts

I think I've figured this site out a bit. If you ignore reality and have your hopes up, your "crank" is raging. If you admit to being a little reserved your are a negative troll. Cranks ands trolls. Sounds like a terrible **** flick

This site reminds me of liberals (cane fan boys on this site) vs Trump supporters. If Trump supporters talk about reality, they are quickly shut down with "Racist, kkk, sexist!!".

I am so stoked about this incoming class...are you kidding me!

Jeff Thomas...kid is special, line him up across AR and who you going to double

Njoku is going to be rediclulas, throw in Mike Harley and I think we have the best WR squad in the country! Don't sleep on Mullins either

We loaded up on the much needed big uglies on the o line. Rediculas haul there

lol, wonder why Miami fans are all ready to jump off a cliff after the first loss. You might have missed Bamas and Michigans WR class for this year alone.

Bama could have best squad but no one would ever know. They don't use their ******* receivers yet somehow the dip****s still want to go there to play

I am so stoked about this incoming class...are you kidding me!

Jeff Thomas...kid is special, line him up across AR and who you going to double

Njoku is going to be rediclulas, throw in Mike Harley and I think we have the best WR squad in the country! Don't sleep on Mullins either

We loaded up on the much needed big uglies on the o line. Rediculas haul there

lol, wonder why Miami fans are all ready to jump off a cliff after the first loss. You might have missed Bamas and Michigans WR class for this year alone.

Bama could have best squad but no one would ever know. They don't use their ******* receivers yet somehow the dip****s still want to go there to get paid

FIFY.

So we are not near FSU in talent but had them on the ropes for the past 3 seasons?

Advertisement
The recruiting class wasn't bad but it was very uninspiring. Shannon's 1st full class in 2008 was much better than this one and Al's 1st full class in 2012 was at least as good.

I don't see anything tremendous about it unless you choose to always take a glass half full perspective.

Last edited:
Almost any good coach can turn a bad program into a 2 loss or less team by their 2nd year. Even before they completely "have their own players in place" they get going.

Stoops took a team that was 12-22 under Blake to a NC in 2 years. Saban and Caroll took .500 teams to BCS bowls in year 2 and NCs in year 3. Even ignoring people like Urban Meyer who inherited a talented (albeit poorly coached) team from Ron Zook.

If Richt is still losing 4 games next year he is unlikely to do well as Miami coach.

Last edited:
I'm more in the "realistic" camp on this whole thing. However, it's notable that some of our most loaded teams weren't composed of top 5 recruiting classes. The 2001 team is arguably the greatest ever. We had super talent backing up super talent. But not all those future pros were top-rated coming out of H.S.

You don't necessarily need top-rated classes every year if you get the right kids. What were Clemson's class rankings over the last four years? Not remotely close to Alabama's or even FSU's or OSU's.

Having said that we need to stack more talent. No way a team with our pedigree and geographic advantage should have so little quality depth at RB and CB.

Advertisement
The recruiting class wasn't bad but it was very uninspiring. Shannon's 1st full class in 2008 was much better than this one and Al's 1st full class in 2012 was at least as good.

I don't see anything tremendous about it unless you choose to always take a glass half full perspective.

:jordan:

Do you seriously think the #13 recruiting class is anything to be proud of? My God Shannon had the #1 recruiting class. After we had gone 5-7 in Shannon's 1st year and 7-6 in Coker's final year in 2006. And also had giant brawls against FIU and LSU and had how many players shot.

Last edited:

So much dumb in 2 sentences, congrats

Do you seriously think the #13 recruiting class is anything to be proud of? My God Shannon had the #1 recruiting class. After we had gone 5-7 in Shannon's 1st year and 7-6 in Coker's final year in 2006. And also had giant brawls against FIU and LSU and had how many players shot.

30 negative posts about Miami in a 3 day-old account.

Yep, this guy is definitely not a troll

Advertisement
Back