So Kelly Bryant is out...

doctaj11

Freshman
I know that some people didn’t want Bryant to come and compete for the qb position. Well, it appears as though they got their wish, as he cancelled his trip here in favor of Auburn. I am just curious where we go from here. How do we not go after any qbs this cycle. Are there even any JC qbs our there?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saviorcane you do realize going after Bryant stunts the growth of Perry. Bryant wants a sure job and doesn't want to go somewhere he has to fight to start. Besides players on the team don't want him and backing there Qbs already...

Plus... Auburn pays much better!

Bring in a 3 star guy from Florida for depth purposes. You never know what can happen. I guarantee you Weldon transfers after Perry/Williams are 1's and 2's.

Advertisement
find some milton typre thats won every game in high school and has ability, we're on a run of prospect types, go get a winner that can be developed

find some milton typre thats won every game in high school and has ability, we're on a run of prospect types, go get a winner that can be developed
It is what Duke does, get some heady qb with good accuracy, enough athleticism, etc. We tend to get caught up a little much with the flash, guys like Jones are a dime a dozen, good game managers. Hard to believe we haven't had one. If Rosier had any accuracy he could have been that guy smh.

Advertisement
If anyone thought he wanted to just go somewhere and compete you're not understanding his situation. He wants to go to a place he's going to be named the starter and not have to compete. Glad he is not coming.

Saviorcane you do realize going after Bryant stunts the growth of Perry. Bryant wants a sure job and doesn't want to go somewhere he has to fight to start. Besides players on the team don't want him and backing there Qbs already...

This has nothing to do with Bryant and everything to do with missing on MJJ. Once MJJ committed to psu we had no back up plan.

The fact that we even had to look at Bryant shows how unbelievably fcking bad this staff is.

Advertisement
Good! We don’t need a QB for one year. Hinders development for Perry and Williams. Plus, one of the two would leave, probably Perry if Bryant were to be at The U.

Separate, Richt recruited Perry and Williams. His guys. Ride or die...

Glad he's out. Go find a hidden gem whose had a monster senior year and is a gamer. I don't care if he's from Alaska, we need a QB in this class.

I am not upset about this. I do not see him as substantively more advanced than Perry will be by the start of next year, and him coming here probably results in a transfer by one of the young guys.

It is problematic if they do not take some form of a quarterback for depth and emergency purposes though. There has to be a forida kid that will come in and work hard, even if he is not the future, so that we have someone on the roster in case of transfers and injuries.

Kelly Bryant can't throw a forward pass.

Richt can't develop QB's.

They both should leave.

Advertisement
Back