so IT IS Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium (vs Rutgers) Mega Merge Bowl thread

Advertisement
5 years ago....maybe. This is 2023. Miami will have a significant portion of its team going to the portal. Rutgers may as well for all that I know.

What happens about a week before the game on ESD will tell us FAR more about where this program is heading than the result of a bowl game on 12/28.

You have to be relevant to be a laughingstock. No one gives a crap what happens to Miami in this game other than Miami and Rutgers fans. Everyone else will have the highlights on as background noise as they're packing up their Christmas decorations. Rewriting the book on what has plagued Miami is getting the players in here on signing day and when given the chance during the season, finally winning these big games. The Canes made progress this season whether a lot of people realize here or not, but there is obviously still a way to go and to get there will require improved player quality, depth, and solid QB play.

Of course Mario is going to do everything he can to win this game. It's his job. He should be doing all he can to win ALL the games.
You can’t keep losing games and expecting quality kids to commit year after year.

Randy Shannon’s recruiting dried up. So did Richt when they didn’t show results on the field or sustained results. So did Diaz. Miami coaches always get that initial bump, obviously Mario is the best recruiter out of the bunch but people can’t expect this recruiting success to continue if we don’t start winning games and bowl games.

If we lose, it’s not going to be the world is ending, but it’s going to make selling the program to 2025 kids more difficult. And if we only win 7 games next year, we won’t have a top 10 class.

2025 kids will be watching the bowl game I can promise you that. 1000%

I don’t expect Miami to lose anymore kids before the bowl game.

The rivalry reunited.
I think Greg would be one of the best coaches for Miami. He knows ball. He would kill it here as HC he's put your balls on the table coach. He's good and used to coach here.

He's always been my #1 for Miami. It will never happen I know. But he's one **** of a coach

Advertisement
That’s an old narrative that was no longer true this year. How about we leave it in the past?
It's certainly not an old narrative. I guess kickers not ever missing field goals against us is an old narrating too?

Advertisement
Black And White Wow GIF by Laff
What’s a Rutgers?

Advertisement
His older brother Kevin was a runningback at Villanova when I was a manager for the team. If he plays like his brother, then he's a smart, one cut power back. Won't house anything, but certainly will fall forward and look for contact.

You can’t keep losing games and expecting quality kids to commit year after year.

Randy Shannon’s recruiting dried up. So did Richt when they didn’t show results on the field or sustained results. So did Diaz. Miami coaches always get that initial bump, obviously Mario is the best recruiter out of the bunch but people can’t expect this recruiting success to continue if we don’t start winning games and bowl games.

If we lose, it’s not going to be the world is ending, but it’s going to make selling the program to 2025 kids more difficult. And if we only win 7 games next year, we won’t have a top 10 class.

2025 kids will be looking at the 2024 season to determine how the Canes are doing (as they should). Totally agree they have to win more than 7 next year. However, anyone who makes a decision as to the direction of a program by bowl game results (other than the playoff) in today's day and age is misguided at best. Significant portions of teams are missing players with the advent of the portal and to determine Miami isn't looking good because Jacurri Brown is playing "QB for a day" with half the WR room awaiting the portal and who knows playing the 2 safety positions is ridiculous.

At this point, it's almost like making SB picks in the NFL based on how teams perform in the preseason. The best players are on the bench waiting for the real games to start (or in this case, waiting for the NFL draft).

Just beat Butgers and Schiano he would like to beat us more than you could imagine-

Mario was once on his staff-

Time to hit the city and my old stomping grounds Johns Pizzeria on Bleeker Street since 1926 serving great thin sliced pizza-

Also John’s restaurant on E.12th old school Italian great cuisine- Been in business since

Advertisement

I'm not sure what your last sentence means, but the portal opens tomorrow. I fully expect to lose some guys, don't know which ones, but one or two will probably hurt.

Do you not realize Miami is the laughing stock of the CFB world? People who don’t root for this program think it is a complete joke. If we lose it’s another thing they (media, high school coaches, family and friends of recruits, other cfb coaches) can use to negatively recruit against Miami.

“Why would you go to Miami, they can’t even beat Rutgers”

Many coaches have discussed and commented how important bowl season is for building positive momentum and can be harnessed to help recruit the following years class.

I don’t understand why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

This is the first step in rewriting the book on Miami that has plagued this program for the past 20 years.

Do you think Mario holds the same sentiment you do or do you think he’s going to do everything he can to win this game and end the year on a high note?

I got you girl.

house talking GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Back