So it comes down to this.

Usually I stop by the Light for a bit after the 5th inning because it's free.

Should I boicot tonight's game in protest?

That's still too expensive for the product we're currently putting on the field.

I'd go. Free baseball is free baseball.

I don't know man. The last time I went (UCF) I left the place pretty disgusted.

Game-time (6th inning) decision.

Depends on the weather. If it's a nice breezy Coral Gables evening, and it's not out of your way, I would go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope we can make a run it would be cool to see my two fomer teammates I use to play with when I was younger make it back to the NCAA tournament but like you said prolly to little to late

Its getting interesting now. we are saddled between 2 very good Sun Belt teams in RPI. Sun Belt could get 2 teams in. Todays game is paramount. we need a couple of wins in Acc tourney and who knows?

Advertisement
Greg Veliz is gonna be a stud if he just gets his control down. I have no idea where the offense will come from (although we aren't losing ANYTHING to the draft or graduation), but we have the makings of a very solid pitching staff for 2018.

I'm telling you guys, conference finish is more important than RPI, and if we win today, we will finish in 6th place ahead of FSU and either Clemson or NC State. Last year Boston College got in ahead of North Carolina even though UNC was literally 20 spots higher in the RPI and had a better record than BC. All because BC went 13-15 (8th place) and North Carolina went 13-17 (10th place) in the conference.

There is still a very slim chance here. But for god's sake, we have to win these last few games.\

EDIT: But Morris is gonna Morris, so there goes any hope outside of winning the ACC Tournament, which isn't happening.

Thank you, Morris and DiMare.

Last edited:
I'm telling you guys, conference finish is more important than RPI, and if we win today, we will finish in 6th place ahead of FSU and either Clemson or NC State. Last year Boston College got in ahead of North Carolina even though UNC was literally 20 spots higher in the RPI and had a better record than BC. All because BC went 13-15 (8th place) and North Carolina went 13-17 (10th place) in the conference.

There is still a very slim chance here. But for god's sake, we have to win these last few games.

I also think the NCAA would rather have us in and continue the streak, which is good PR, than have the streak end. They won't just let us completely back in, but it has to add a touch of weight on out end of the scale.

Advertisement
Back