So I was able to see practice today...

finished the night at the original Duffy's. Thats another UM football spot. Real deep ties to the football program. Im told it was a favored destination for Dennis Erickson back in the day(alongside a young Ed O!!)

Great local bar, with a real lively atmosphere...
that's the one off 57th ave?

Advertisement
finished the night at the original Duffy's. Thats another UM football spot. Real deep ties to the football program. Im told it was a favored destination for Dennis Erickson back in the day(alongside a young Ed O!!)

Great local bar, with a real lively atmosphere...

Fox's is another that was favored by Dennis and co back in the day

Advertisement
Ill add Jacurri interview to go along with these takes to show kid is self aware beyond his years and has a great mindset on what he is good at and what he has to do to improve. Will be dope to see him develop and hope he gets some time even if a few snaps and packages..

He also mentioned learning from TVD and his ball placement..

You are totally correct with his self-awareness! For a kid that should be in high school right now, he's very impressive from a mental standpoint. ****.

LOL, Robes not my first time. This is somewhere I plan on going every time Im in the 305

I had the antipasto and we ordered the pepperoni sandwhich. But Im a fan of their meat lovers pie, it's really loaded

As for the memorabilia, the team posters from the late 80s to early 2000's are great -- and they have players autographs. To me, this place is the Smithsonian of pizza parlors lol. But this is when UM had an admin that really marketed the program. Lets be blunt they have been lazy the past 15 years or so. I mean, our group was wondering why CaneFest no longer happens

I still wonder why Miami stopped doing team/season posters -- I looked forward to getting them in the mail every summer.

If Big Cheese ever went out of business, Id fly to Miami to put in a bid for a lot of there stuff on the walls.

"But this is when UM had an admin that really marketed the program"

Great point. I don't know when they stopped doing it or if they did it so poorly that I stopped noticing but I remember every session there was a new marketing campaign for the football team. One I remember was for the 2001 team I think...they animated Coker Dosey and a few others and turned super heroes. I remember seeing the commercials and the bill boards all over town.

Advertisement
"But this is when UM had an admin that really marketed the program"

Great point. I don't know when they stopped doing it or if they did it so poorly that I stopped noticing but I remember every session there was a new marketing campaign for the football team. One I remember was for the 2001 team I think...they animated Coker Dosey and a few others and turned super heroes. I remember seeing the commercials and the bill boards all over town.

the last year I recall them really doing was the animated features you spoke about, and IIRC that was in 2002. They did a group one of several player, and then individual ones(some of which are on the wall of 'the Big Cheese'

As someone not close to the ocean who only makes it to Miami every few years, if I go to Flannigan's, I am ordering a dolphin sandwich 🤤
Seeing some of the reactions here... just so everyone is aware, dolphin is the real name for Mahi Mahi. Marketing people started calling it Mahi Mahi (the Hawaiian name for it) b/c people were confusing it with Flipper.

Seeing some of the reactions here... just so everyone is aware, dolphin is the real name for Mahi Mahi. Marketing people started calling it Mahi Mahi (the Hawaiian name for it) b/c people were confusing it with Flipper.
Jesus....one's a Mammal...one's a Fish....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back