So how many Duke players got drafted

124.gif

Advertisement
this thread is a joke. our draft performance was pitiful because of the quality of guys we put out there. only a total fool would deny our performance in the draft which is the single most important indication of performance on the field is a lot closer to duke, wake etc. then alabama, lsu and fsu. when we get back to having multiple guys taken in the first three rounds you will see us getting back to crushing the wakes and the dukes of the world.

So we need multiple players taken in the first 3 rounds in order to beat teams like Wake & Duke? But Duke doesn't need multiple players taken in the entire draft to tune us up? Holy ****.

So we need multiple players taken in the first 3 rounds in order to beat teams like Wake & Duke? But Duke doesn't need multiple players taken in the entire draft to tune us up? Holy ****.

i didn;t say that. i really made an obvious point - our draft performance is not that much different than the average teams at this point and that you won't see better results on the field until you see better results in the draft or vise versa. a 5th round guy here, a 6th round guy there..big deal. that is crap and rediculously below our past standard even before 2000-2004.

you throw out marginally better talent at best and you expect to dominate those teams. you are kidding yourself.

Last edited:
So you're saying is that Canes fans shouldn't expect to beat Duke or Wake.... during Al Golden's 3rd year. Christ.

So Perryman, McCord, Howard, AQM, Duke Johnson, Coley, Dorsett, Flowers, Linder, etc is "marginally better talent"? Guess we can expect a couple of losses to Duke & wake this season.

And no one has said dominate unless they were pointing out how Duke dominated Miami.

Advertisement
So you're saying is that Canes fans shouldn't expect to beat Duke or Wake.... during Al Golden's 3rd year. Christ.

So Perryman, McCord, Howard, AQM, Duke Johnson, Coley, Dorsett, Flowers, Linder, etc is "marginally better talent"? Guess we can expect a couple of losses to Duke & wake this season.

And no one has said dominate unless they were pointing out how Duke dominated Miami.

Obviously we got out coached and Duke played a lot harder than we did. Game definately shouldn't have been the *** whooping that it was. However it also shouldn't be some great shock that we lost to Duke. The Wake game is the one that ****es me off more. We needed a last minute drive at home to beat a terrible football team.

We lost the game. Get over it already.

Not sure how making fun of each other that we lost to Duke helps anything.

This would be the type of thread that if it existed on an FSU board, we would have made fun of them about

i didn;t say that. i really made an obvious point - our draft performance is not that much different than the average teams at this point and that you won't see better results on the field until you see better results in the draft or vise versa. a 5th round guy here, a 6th round guy there..big deal. that is crap and rediculously below our past standard even before 2000-2004.

you throw out marginally better talent at best and you expect to dominate those teams. you are kidding yourself.
No one was expecting domination. But the way we played against Wake Forest was disgraceful. Missing out on two chances to win the Coastal was a massive failure. Look at the below box scores and tell me, those results are not the result of **** poor coaching by Golden and company and not a lack of talent as has been touted multiple times by people here? Are the final scores below a reflection of talent discrepancy between us and our opponents or a coaching discrepancy?

1234T
#23MIA17310030
DUKE714101748

VT14147742
#11MIA7710024

Last edited:
Advertisement
No one was expecting domination. But the way we played against Wake Forest was disgraceful. Missing out on two chances to win the Coastal was a massive failure. Look at the below box scores and tell me, those results are not the result of **** poor coaching by Golden and company?

1234T
#23MIA17310030
DUKE714101748

VT14147742
#11MIA7710024

Ignoring the Wake Forest game (amazed people bring this game up), the part in bold above is definitely most of it.

4.png

How can you infer anything from the Duke box score just showing scores per each quarter?

Did UM game plan better and then duke adjusted and then UM adjusted again after halftime to later get beat in 4th quarter? Did someone get hurt? Did UM get fatigued in the 4th? out-coached in the 4th quarter? big turnover? bad call? some combination of all these various factors? way too may variables to look at a box score and determine anything like that?

Since I watched the game and saw Duke run the ball all over UM (~360 yards - which is beyond **** poor results)- I can form an opinion, but if I did not see the game and only saw the box score above - how can I infer anything.

I'm not making this a coaching issue. I know that issue is out there and you can't look at this in a vacuum. However when you take coaching out of the equitation and just look at talent it does not appear we are anything but marginally more talented than the average middle of the conference team. Now could better coaching help? Absolutely. But in my opinion it's clear the talent just isn't here yet. Maybe the last few classes will do better in the draft and with that will come better performance on the field or else these coaches won't be around long.

To the guys who want to throw out names. To me they are just names. The nfl scouts aren't exactly drooling over our guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
HERES A BIG FYI:

DUKE HAS THE FOLLOWING SENIOR DRAFT PROSPECTS FOR 2015 DRAFT:

-Boone, #10 QB
-Tomlinson #2 Guard
- Brown #8 ILB
- Deaver #8 TE
-Crowder #15 WR

and they have a couple more Junios projecting as well on OL and DL

0 points in the 4th in either game --- Defense couldn't get stops. Offense couldn't score. Sounds like a recipe for a win.

4.png

Well fvckn played!

Advertisement
It makes me laugh to watch them talk about how much more talented Duke is because we have no draftable seniors. Then we do better in the draft than Duke, WF, and others and now the draft doesn't matter unless it is a bunch of first round draft picks.

Then there is the argument from many not so much about losing to Duke, but with the fact that they whipped our ***, but you guys still think we are complaining because we didn't dominate. I understand we are going to lose games we shouldn't occasionally. FSU does it all the time with teams like NC St, but they don't get dominated like we did. It's usually NC ST scores the game winning drive. What you are saying is that we are essentially NC ST and WF is FSU.

It makes me laugh to watch them talk about how much more talented Duke is because we have no draftable seniors. Then we do better in the draft than Duke, WF, and others and now the draft doesn't matter unless it is a bunch of first round draft picks.

Then there is the argument from many not so much about losing to Duke, but with the fact that they whipped our ***, but you guys still think we are complaining because we didn't dominate. I understand we are going to lose games we shouldn't occasionally. FSU does it all the time with teams like NC St, but they don't get dominated like we did. It's usually NC ST scores the game winning drive. What you are saying is that we are essentially NC ST and WF is FSU.

how much better did UM do? Duke had a player drafted in the 4th and some FA signings. You take out O' Donnell and its a push

how much better did UM do? Duke had a player drafted in the 4th and some FA signings. You take out O' Donnell and its a push

Except Miami had 3 guys drafted and even Highsmith & Rodger got UFA contracts. I know, I know, facts suck.

HERES A BIG FYI:

DUKE HAS THE FOLLOWING SENIOR DRAFT PROSPECTS FOR 2015 DRAFT:

-Boone, #10 QB
-Tomlinson #2 Guard
- Brown #8 ILB
- Deaver #8 TE
-Crowder #15 WR

and they have a couple more Junios projecting as well on OL and DL

Link please since, yanno, you didn't list ours. I'd say Miami (Howard, Duke, Flowers, etc) has a few juniors as well along with Coley who is the best player on either team.

Advertisement
Back