So how many Duke players got drafted

The zealotry some of you have for turning every possible angle of this program into a black hole is remarkable. It's like an inescapable vortex. I don't know how you keep it up. I have consistent issues with the staff. Doubt they will ever field perpetually top 5 teams, even top 10. But I can't keep up with the mope zeal.

Thank you, it's always nice to be appreciated. It take diligence. And brutal honesty. That's the hard part.

It would be so much easier to just rah! rah! rah! every day, but hey - someone has to do the hard things, and thankfully, there are others here who diligently must point out that which others cannot see.

Thanks man. Repped.

Advertisement
I'm not going to add to the complaints, but with the way the Golden supporters have beat that talent drum that Duke is so much better, because we did not have draft worthy seniors and they had so many seniors, can you honestly be surprised that the non supporters want to throw it back in your face that maybe there is a bigger problem than just talent. This thread is not for the people who are neutral. This thread is for the hardcore Golden supporters who deflect all criticism thrown his way.

Wait until next year to whine, poncho.

I won't need to. If we look the same next season, this forum and pretty much any other Cane forum will be unbearable to be on, because there will be so many complaints and fire Al threads.

I was just pointing out to someone who asked the purpose of this thread.

It's the curse for some of us to be two, and often three years ahead of the curve.

It's a curse.

We see dead-*** coaches. In minutes. Doesn't take us years.

I'm not going to add to the complaints, but with the way the Golden supporters have beat that talent drum that Duke is so much better, because we did not have draft worthy seniors and they had so many seniors, can you honestly be surprised that the non supporters want to throw it back in your face that maybe there is a bigger problem than just talent. This thread is not for the people who are neutral. This thread is for the hardcore Golden supporters who deflect all criticism thrown his way.

I won't need to. If we look the same next season, this forum and pretty much any other Cane forum will be unbearable to be on, because there will be so many complaints and fire Al threads.

It's the curse for some of us to be two, and often three years ahead of the curve.

It's a curse.

Some of you even fly banners announcing your clairvoyance.

It's a curse.

I'm not disagreeing about the staff. I've questioned the staff's gameplan ever since the first Maryland game. Seriously, the first thought in my mind was why are we playing so far off the ball and why are we letting them nickel and dime us to death? I just wrote it off at the time as wow we must really be worse than I thought. I honestly thought the Maryland QB must have been pretty good. Obviously 3 years later, I know better now.

That does not take away from the fact that cutcliffe has been building that program and team for 6+ years . While the individuals may not be more talented, they have plenty of time in the system they run .

Advertisement
That does not take away from the fact that cutcliffe has been building that program and team for 6+ years . While the individuals may not be more talented, they have plenty of time in the system they run .

No room for your logic and reason here buddy. This is the internet.

It's a curse.

Naw, that would be showing off.

It's a curse.

"National Champs to National Chumps...Thanks Butch"

dammit mane... Ok golden slurpers Ill bich about why he couldnt win the MAC at Temple when he clearly had the best talent.. Matter of fact he didn't beat a team with a winning record in the mac... Who hired that bum??

Advertisement
1.gif

Well. I can't dispute this.

It's a curse.

You meant to thank the Administration.

It would be so nice if some of the kiddies here would do a bit of homework and deal with facts, instead of something they heard, learned by rote, and repeated it.

No wonder we got guys excusing our **** poor situation.

Does your mom know you spend this much time on the computer? And why doesn't she belt urass for repeating crap that is patently false?

Four pages of beating the program up....smh.

UNC had five players drafted what does that say!!! Wonder what you all were thinking when our bball team beat duke last year.

Advertisement
Four pages of beating the program up....smh.

UNC had five players drafted what does that say!!! Wonder what you all were thinking when our bball team beat duke last year.

It says they underachieved... Everyone can agree on that... I think most are saying the same with this program... In our losses we didn't just lose we were slaughtered... Upsets happens all the times but we were getting blown out against decent squads and struggling with bad squads...

dammit mane... Ok golden slurpers Ill bich about why he couldnt win the MAC at Temple when he clearly had the best talent.. Matter of fact he didn't beat a team with a winning record in the mac... Who hired that bum??

You have to realize that when Golden took over at Temple they weren't the most talented team. In fact they got their teeth kicked in by nearly everyone in the MAC his first 2 years.

They didn't have the same number of scholarships as other MAC teams as they were penalized with the new APR stuff.

He built Temple into the talented MAC team they became that actually funded the NFL with high end talent.

And yes people bring up he never beat a MAC team with a winning record, but forget that, he beat a BCS team in UConn that had a winning record, which was much more impressive than beating a MAC team with a winning record. He also had them actually competing with Penn State.

Now about Duke, if you pay closer attention Duke's best talent was underclassmen.

Crowder was 1st team all ACC as a sophmore.
Cash was 1st team all ACC as a RS sophmore.

They had a junior LB that was 1st team all ACC also.
I would venture to guess Boone their QB will be preseason 2nd or 3rd team All ACC this year.

Duke may set a school record with draft picks next year.
We didn't have Duke, Dorsett, or Coley by halftime of the game so their went any talent advantage we had.

Duke could easily win 8-9 games again this year.

They are going to be solid again.

Also if we're going to bash Golden about losing to a team with 1 drafted player, he beat two teams with more drafted players and more talent in UF and UNC.

Last edited:
We will go 17-0 this year.

Duke and Coley gonna be the first ever co - winners of heisman trophy.

Golden probably gonna leave for head coaching gig in NFL after the natty title game.

So stop with the negativity ok guysm?

Advertisement
How many of these dumb *** threads do we have to endure. Our coaches suck. We know!!!!!

It's a curse.

You meant to thank the Administration.

It would be so nice if some of the kiddies here would do a bit of homework and deal with facts, instead of something they heard, learned by rote, and repeated it.

No wonder we got guys excusing our **** poor situation.

Does your mom know you spend this much time on the computer? And why doesn't she belt urass for repeating crap that is patently false?

Kiddies? You've been around these boards long enough to know that I'm no kiddie. My point, which obviously went way over your head (not surprisingly), is that the same people you crow about 'seeing dead-*** coaches' are the same ones who flew the Butch banner. This has nothing to do with the administration. It has to do with the fact that the idiots who flew the Butch banner, while he was quietly amassing an incredible amount of talent, thought they saw a 'dead-*** coach', too. They were short-sighted, stupid, and wrong. You know what they say...better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and have it confirmed.

My bad. It's just that the manner you use to speak, makes you seem so much . . . younger.

And my apologies for the misunderstanding your Butch 'thing.' So many here have repeated time and again that Butch screwed over the U, while it was the Administration who was ******** over Butch. You've probably seen those references yourself. My bad.

I agree, Butch was and would be one talented grabbing coach. Gonna positive rep urass. On general principle. (as soon as the site will let me. tried several times - but I'll get it.)

Advertisement
Back