So Danny Kanell Just Admitted to getting under the table benefits at FSU...

Advertisement
So what? Canes players enjoyed some of those benefits in town as well (Benihana, etc.). Not to the extent of small college towns, but it does happen.

....Not even a pimple on an elephant's *** in terms of what payments go on.
1570195690801.png

you go after usc, miami, and smu and life in la, miami, and dallas carries on.
Go after uga, clemson, and bama and see how those towns crumble. they are too dependent on football.
Ive lived in SC for about 18yrs now. Clemson doesnt depend on football, never has. I cannot stand that damned school or the fans, but they were a ****** program before and the city was just fine.

Tuscaloosa or Athens I have no idea.

Advertisement
None of this is surprising other than how brazen he is about talking about it. Will always hate him for his take on Miami and illegal benefits debacle with the NCAA. Nole trash

Was just listening to the Ryen Russillo podcast and he had Danny Kanell on as a guest to talk about California's new "fair pay-to-play" law. Near the end of the episode Danny just sort of starts bragging about some of the things he did in Tallahassee in 1995 that would have gotten him and/or FSU football suspended if caught. Go to 59:30 in the interview and he goes into the details:

1) Stated that the owner of car dealership would liberally hand out hundred dollar bills any time players would stop by - he didn't go into details about how often he went in for a hand out, but it was pretty obvious that most of the players made a regular appearance to get their weekly "handouts".

2) Bragged about this high-end steakhouse in Tallahassee called "Silver Slipper" that he would take his entire offensive line to pretty regularly. After dinner the owner would bring out the check that showed the total bill as ONE DOLLAR ($1). High end steakhouse dinner for a QB + offensive line would be well over $1K even in 1995.

We all know this goes on and I really don't care. But I find it hilarious that we had guys like Kanell leaning on ESPN and the NCAA to go after Miami when a criminal was accusing Miami players for getting free drinks at clubs, hanging out at his mansion and taking fishing trips on a boat. Meanwhile, he's now kicking back bragging about doing similar things only 4-5 years earlier at FSU. The hypocrisy is palpable. The bias is real and I doubt we will ever shake it.
How many recruits we lost to FSU and games we lost to them because they were cheating.....we used to know this back in the '80's.

miami is the only school in the history of college athletics that the "booster" paying off the players went an dropped dime on the school. that shapiro is a rat POS.
He probably thought it would save his ***. How did this guy get such access...there were apparently warning signs....Shalalala was too greedy.

Advertisement
miami is the only school in the history of college athletics that the "booster" paying off the players went an dropped dime on the school. that shapiro is a rat POS.

That Bama booster was about to snitch, but had a bloody "accidental" death before he could testify.

Advertisement
Back