So Danny Kanell Just Admitted to getting under the table benefits at FSU...

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
Was just listening to the Ryen Russillo podcast and he had Danny Kanell on as a guest to talk about California's new "fair pay-to-play" law. Near the end of the episode Danny just sort of starts bragging about some of the things he did in Tallahassee in 1995 that would have gotten him and/or FSU football suspended if caught. Go to 59:30 in the interview and he goes into the details:

1) Stated that the owner of car dealership would liberally hand out hundred dollar bills any time players would stop by - he didn't go into details about how often he went in for a hand out, but it was pretty obvious that most of the players made a regular appearance to get their weekly "handouts".

2) Bragged about this high-end steakhouse in Tallahassee called "Silver Slipper" that he would take his entire offensive line to pretty regularly. After dinner the owner would bring out the check that showed the total bill as ONE DOLLAR ($1). High end steakhouse dinner for a QB + offensive line would be well over $1K even in 1995.

We all know this goes on and I really don't care. But I find it hilarious that we had guys like Kanell leaning on ESPN and the NCAA to go after Miami when a criminal was accusing Miami players for getting free drinks at clubs, hanging out at his mansion and taking fishing trips on a boat. Meanwhile, he's now kicking back bragging about doing similar things only 4-5 years earlier at FSU. The hypocrisy is palpable. The bias is real and I doubt we will ever shake it.

Advertisement
Was just listening to the Ryen Russillo podcast and he had Danny Kanell on as a guest to talk about California's new "fair pay-to-play" law. Near the end of the episode Danny just sort of starts bragging about some of the things he did in Tallahassee in 1995 that would have gotten him and/or FSU football suspended if caught. Go to 59:30 in the interview and he goes into the details:

1) Stated that the owner of car dealership would liberally hand out hundred dollar bills any time players would stop by - he didn't go into details about how often he went in for a hand out, but it was pretty obvious that most of the players made a regular appearance to get their weekly "handouts".

2) Bragged about this high-end steakhouse in Tallahassee called "Silver Slipper" that he would take his entire offensive line to pretty regularly. After dinner the owner would bring out the check that showed the total bill as ONE DOLLAR ($1). High end steakhouse dinner for a QB + offensive line would be well over $1K even in 1995.

We all know this goes on and I really don't care. But I find it hilarious that we had guys like Kanell leaning on ESPN and the NCAA to go after Miami when a criminal was accusing Miami players for getting free drinks at clubs, hanging out at his mansion and taking fishing trips on a boat. Meanwhile, he's now kicking back bragging about doing similar things only 4-5 years earlier at FSU. The hypocrisy is palpable. The bias is real and I doubt we will ever shake it.
THEY ALL DO IT. the problem is the way some schools do it is over the top.

The other problem is that the NCAA is VERY selective in how they enforce the rules.
This right here is the problem. The NCAA isn't run by a bunch of idiots - they know most of what is going on at top programs with regards to recruiting. Unless it becomes a federal issue or is about a program they have a target on, they will choose to ignore it or actively attempt to impede investigations.

Advertisement

I would pay money for a story about FSU's current team going into the restaurant and receiving a full bill because they suck.

I’m sure he has more skeletons in the closet he won’t bring up...

think he’s just laying the ground work to say that players should always be able to make a few bucks if their at a big time school... hey look at me I got a few bucks nothing crazy maybe beer money or shoe money... got to eat top shelf steak!

nothing he said would bring the deathpenalty

Advertisement
Me thinks of an FSU QB who has a penchant for seafood, and when he tried to walk without paying he was upended...that food connection for FSU is real........LOL...along with Free Shoes U.....ahhhhhhhhh there is FSU.......LOLA

Advertisement
LOL any time an FSU fan talks about miami cheating and all this sh*t i want to punch them in the face. and that's hardly the extent of those assclowns hypocrisy. other things come to mind like when they give a private university in miami sh*t about attendance.

and these weren't taken at the end of the game or halftime. f*ck those people

aohF0gd.jpg

84iaQC3.jpg

Advertisement

They all do it,
The elite programs just do it better
Its like banking the really successful ones are shady as fk they just really good at keeping it under wraps or lobbying their way out of trouble

Every college football team in the country has some kind of "free perks". Some are just more ridiculous and blatant than others. I was at UCF during the Daunte Culpepper years and that dude was driving around in a brand new Lincoln Navigator. Mind you, this is not the UCF of today who plays on national TV and goes to major bowl games. They had literally just made the jump from 1-AA to 1-A at the time.

$20 handshakes, hundred dollar handshakes, free meals, gifts, all that is common at every college.

What I talk, and others here talk, about the corruption, we’re talking about the big bags, we’re talking about the shadow jobs, the no-show jobs, the salaries that are being paid at Bama and other SEC schools. Stuff that is not being done to any kind of extent at Miami and because of this we are at a disadvantage.

The penny ante stuff everybody does.

The hundred thousand dollars salary and other major perks, that’s just a few schools. We know who they are.

Why do you think you see families with big shlt eating grins when they get their pictures taken with Kurby at Georgia

Advertisement
Back