So Butch isn't a good gameday coach

Advertisement
Yay, more ButchDavisInsight.com material

You must have difficulty with comprehension. Everyone knows Diaz can't recruit, that is a fact so the people that like him think he is an Xs and Os guru.
It has been well established Butch isn't great Xs and Os guy. So for someone who isn't great at Xs and Os to beat our massively superior team, it means our Xs and Os guys is garbage. I am not saying "lets go hire butch".

Advertisement
You must have difficulty with comprehension. Everyone knows Diaz can't recruit, that is a fact so the people that like him think he is an Xs and Os guru.
It has been well established Butch isn't great Xs and Os guy. So for someone who isn't great at Xs and Os to beat our massively superior team, it means our Xs and Os guys is garbage. I am not saying "lets go hire butch".

In my 4 word post I didn’t say that or even imply it.

It just speaks volumes to how bad Diaz, Enos & Baker are.

That they got out coached by an old dude on the verge of retirement who's never been an X's & O's guru with a team full of low ranked 2/3-star South Fla cast offs.

Butch Davis lost to 4-7 Midd Ten St 50-17 & his vaunted Defense gave up 471 yards rushing...

The only thing last night's game proved is that Diaz & his staff are garbage, not that Butch is the guy we should hire or should've hired.

Advertisement
He’s not and people trying to say that he is have the football IQ of a rock. He did what happened to Manny TWICE ! Instead of it being FIU it was ECU. They flew banners to get rid of him til 2000.

That they got out coached by an old dude on the verge of retirement who's never been an X's & O's guru with a team full of low ranked 2/3-star South Fla cast offs.

Butch Davis lost to 4-7 Midd Ten St 50-17 & his vaunted Defense gave up 471 yards rushing...

The only thing last night's game proved is that Diaz & his staff are garbage, not that Butch is the guy we should hire or should've hired.
Butch Davis performed a miracle in the 90s by taking a chicken**** situation and turning that into chicken salad.

At any time during the last 15 years of Miami wallowing in mediocre clownshows, Butch was EXACTLY THE RIGHT COACH for Miami to hire and rebuild the program.

x10000

Advertisement

I up-voted your post because It is a very good one, except I disagree that he shouldn't have been hired. Tell me with straight face that he wouldn't have done significantly better than the last 4 coaches we had, had we hired him instead.

This staff thought this was a practice. No way possible they watched film of FIU last week. All they had to do was spread FIU out and run the ball. They kept trying those stupid slants and stunts on the DL. FAU almost ran for 500 on this stupid team. Im not excusing those kids either i was at the game row 2. I wouldnt want most of our players near me in a fight. They got hit in the mouth by a conf usa school and quit. Soft af. This entire thing was handled wrong from pushing richt out the door, to hiring a defensive coach to fix the offense, to hiring manny without searching. This program is broken. Even the fan turnout is lackluster. In a metro area of 6 million people u cant sellout a football game with a 30k seat capacity. Burn it down.

Last edited:
I up-voted your post because It is a very good one, except I disagree that he shouldn't have been hired. Tell me with straight face that he wouldn't have done significantly better than the last 4 coaches we had, had we hired him instead.
thumbs up.gif

Advertisement
This staff thought this was a practice. No way possible they watched film of FIU last week. All they had to do was spread FIU out and run the ball. They kept trying those stupid slants and stunts on the DL. FAU almost ran for 500 on this stupid team.
If this is true then they are even worse than anyone here says.

Butch Davis performed a miracle in the 90s by taking a chicken**** situation and turning that into chicken salad.

At any time during the last 15 years of Miami wallowing in mediocre clownshows, Butch was EXACTLY THE RIGHT COACH for Miami to hire and rebuild the program.
Maybe he was back then, but he's not now.

I'm not a Butch hater & have nothing against him, but he's not the coach to turn the program around at it's current state. Miami missed the boat in bringing him back, but that ship has sailed.

There are other good coaches that exist in the world, if Miami's administration wasn't so retarded we could probably find one.

Perfectly said. Butch is better than Manny and would have done better than Manny but that doesn’t mean either should be the coach hired in 2019. The mistake wasn’t a stark choice of hiring Manny instead of Butch in 2019. We had choices beyond those two. The mistake was hiring Manny instead of the other potential candidates you’ve spoken on like Mike Norvell.

Advertisement
Back