So at this point, are your expectations for the season being met?

I’d say I’m generally satisfied. The offense has been what I expected, which is pretty good. The defense has taken a bit of a step back but they haven’t been anywhere near as horrible as the offense was in 2018-2019. My attention is focused on what they can do to build on this season’s success. They’re winning games, playing their best ball in crunch time and have shown a ton of heart and effort that was totally absent last year. I think they’re having fun again and the winning definitely helps. I want to see them build on the recruiting momentum and continue to develop some of the younger guys, especially on the lines. There’s legit o line talent they just need a little more seasoning to be ready.
The difference between a 9 or 10 win team and. 6 or 7 win team is often just doing a few things differently. Contrary to popular belief, Miami is not head and shoulders more talented than most of the ACC. The roster is still really unbalanced with NFL quality guys at some positions and G5 backup quality players at others. Until they can make the upgrades at those weak spots, they will have to fight for wins against most solid P5 programs. It’s not like the old days where Miami was just way better at almost every position than everybody else in the Big East so blowouts were expected. The talent gap between pretty much everyone in the ACC outside of Clemson is fairly small.

Advertisement
LSU lost a ton more than Burrow. It is a team sport and while the QB is important, you can't lose 15 great players and expect to repeat the prior year's results.

Miami has a very good chance of being better in 2021. It would benefit Miami (and the kids) if all starters returned for 2021 (excluding McCloud). The same was true in 2020. We returned far more kids from 2019 than normal. Just imagine if we didn't see departures from 2019 like GR, Patchan, Garvin, Bandy.

I’m very satisfied with this season. Of course I have a lot of frustrations on game day but overall this team has proven that it doesn’t fold in the face of adversity which I think will help build what we all want in the future. Leaders are being born in the mold of the old Canes teams. Let’s just finish out the season strong. I think Manny, Feeley and Lash deserve a lot of credit

ask me this after three more games

I expect to beat Gatech

Wake Forest will be tricky

UNC will be a real litmus test...
If we ended the season 10-1...it’s really a “Captain Obvious” moment to say you are happy with how the season went. Lol smh

Advertisement
LSU lost a ton more than Burrow. It is a team sport and while the QB is important, you can't lose 15 great players and expect to repeat the prior year's results.

Miami has a very good chance of being better in 2021. It would benefit Miami (and the kids) if all starters returned for 2021 (excluding McCloud). The same was true in 2020. We returned far more kids from 2019 than normal. Just imagine if we didn't see departures from 2019 like GR, Patchan, Garvin, Bandy.
Bandy is the one that really hurt. GR would have been nice to hold onto, but we really needed Bandy in the secondary.

Advertisement
Back