So at this point, are your expectations for the season being met?

I expected 1-2 losses this seasons.

I’m happy with how the seasons going, it’s weird that even when Miami is down I still feel confident that they can come back and win. Which wasn’t the case the past couple years.

Advertisement
My preseason expectations:

6 wins or less is a failure
7-4 is disappointing
8-3 is the floor
9-2 is realistic
10-1 or better is exceeding

As it stands, four options are still on the table. However, I like the trajectory of this team #justwin.

Winning isn’t hard when you have NFL talent on your roster. It’s only hard when your program is run by incompetent people. Style points matter. Just ask pollsters and recruits.
You are the Joe DiMaggio of terrible posts, looks like you might break the record of 56 straight.

That NFL talent is the reason Miami isn't 3-4 or worse. Diaz is generally getting a lot of production out of the NFL players currently on the roster. None of the likely NFL draft picks are consistently underperforming, they are covering up for the sizeable deficiencies in other areas, especially at LB, CB, and OG. That's what you want to see out of a team that has an uneven talent level. The playmakers have to pick up the slack for the average or below average players.

Miami needs to keep clawing for victories game by game. Finish with one loss. Then in the offseason Diaz needs to make big personnel changes on defense so that we don't have those talent gaps anymore. It's retarded to think Diaz was going to turnover both his offensive and defensive staff after his first year. He fixed the offense first since that was the biggest issue by far. He also went from the worst special teams to having one of the best K/P duos in the country. Defense was struggling this year and it looks like he finally took the keys from Baker, which got us Ws against NC St and VT.

Teams with bad cultures find ways to lose games. Miami is finding ways to win. You are too anchored in your silly anti-Diaz bias that you don't see the difference. Your type is a dime a dozen here - because Miami didn't do exactly what you want (coaching choices, offers to recruits, etc) you are going to **** on the team at every opportunity and hope they fail so that you can thump your chest and say "I told you so." Sorry the team is spoiling your fun.

As I said, genderqueer people care about fashion and style points. I don't.

Advertisement
We beat GT and WF for a regular season 9-2 record is a huge success. Beating UNC will be the season itself for this team and King. Only dreamers out of reality were expecting us to beat Clemson. I could care less about the bowl game but a bad matchup against let say the gaytors would hurt us all.

Our record is definitely better than I expected at this point.
King is better than I thought (although I did think he would be good)
Our defense is worse than I though.

We beat GT and WF for a regular season 9-2 record is a huge success. Beating UNC will be the season itself for this team and King. Only dreamers out of reality were expecting us to beat Clemson. I could care less about the bowl game but a bad matchup against let say the gaytors would hurt us all.
not saying we win! But gators have no running game if we can make them one dimensional we have a chance i think we can score with them.

Advertisement
Have to finish strong.

A 9-3 season with season-ending losses at home to UNC and whomever in the bowl game is a failure. Manny would have lost to every good team (UNC, Bowl opponent) and great team (Clemson) he coaches against. He struggled for wins against lesser competition. His best game was an early season win against the worst FSU team since pre-Bowden.

He didn’t lose games he should have won like last year, so, that would be progress.

Last edited:
This is a good question.

I thought before the season started we would be about 8-4 , 9-3 type of team.

We very well could be with our remaining games. GT is very winnable though. And hopefully the bowl game....

Positives...

Offense is definitely improved. King is a factor on this.

Like I said last night. This team is having a slight culture change. It took over the 4th quarter determined to win. Other years we would fold like a beach chair.

Now, here is the biggest question. Is Miami actually improving ever so slightly. Or is King (our 1 year loan of a QB) masking how bad we may actually be?

Because we do know from personal and at times coaching. Our D can be good. But it's not that improved from last year if at all. This question will be answered with Wake and UNC, I hope I am wrong.

If we can get to 10 wins with the bowl game, it is huge for future success. We need 2 seasons of it.

The fact that we're 7-1, that exceeds my expectations.

I realize we're not a strong 7-1 and it hasn't been pretty, but you are what your record says you are. I sure as **** would take close ugly wins over a loss.

Gotta start somewhere and anyone that expected the same record while beating teams by two or three touchdowns doesn't know football.

Advertisement
I'm happy with the win-loss, but I'm still a little uneasy about how we got here. The good thing is that there's plenty of room for improvement.

W/L- exceeding expectations
Fire Baker and Rumph - TBD but looking like we are heading in the right direction
Landing an elite class - TBD but looking like we are heading there as well
Win after a bye week- holy crap... we did!
Win a bowl game - TBD
Offense not being ranked in the bottom ten- looks like we will end in the upper 30-40.
Defense being top 10- a little disappointing but see #2 &3 above.

At the beginning of the year I was a member of the “just win” bridage. We are just winning so I can’t be mad at that, so I am totally happy with the way the season is going. We are an improving team that is learning how to win. I think seasons like this have a huge impact on the culture of a program. These freshman and sophomores are learning what it takes to win and I think that will pay off in the future. Hopefully we keep balling and finish 10-1 or 9-2.

Advertisement
Or is King (our 1 year loan of a QB) masking how bad we may actually be?

So did Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, and Jalen Hurts mask how untalented Oklahoma is? Now they have a 5 star QB and are just 4-2, including a loss to unranked K State What about UGA? Or LSU? You think their QB masked how bad those teams really are? Top to bottom Clemson is one of the most talented teams and they lost to a totally inferior ND team. TL masked the deficiencies?

You know why D'Eriq King, one of the most coveted transfer QBs last year, picked Miami over every other team that wanted him? Because he saw a team with enough talent that would allow him to showcase his skills. There is no way in **** King would willing choose to go to a team he expected to have a losing record when he knew he had to have an unreal season to prove to NFL scouts he is an NFL quality QB.

The fact that King chose Miami over almost every team should permanently and forever put to bed the question whether he is masking a bad team or not. It is totally absurd to believe he would choose a 6-7 team if he didn't look at the roster and see a winning squad. And he has been proven right, Miami is 7-1, with a very, very good shot at being 8-1 after next week. Then just two more Ws in winnable games and Miami has its 2nd 10 win season in a decade in a half, and in a shortened season no less.

For the folks that keep insisting this feels like 2017, I agree partially because we keep winning close games.

BUT

That 2017 team made some fluky plays to win games. This team has not. Every win has been hard fought and we've played well to close out nearly all of these wins. We've DESERVED to win these games. We haven't needed a lucky fumble bounce to beat a 2 win UNC team or a hail mary tipped around pass to Langham to beat a 3 win (or whatever they were) GT team.

Yes, we are 7-1. Beat everyone who we were supposed to beat at this point and lost to Clemson which everyone assumed we would too

So did Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, and Jalen Hurts mask how untalented Oklahoma is? Now they have a 5 star QB and are just 4-2, including a loss to unranked K State What about UGA? Or LSU? You think their QB masked how bad those teams really are? Top to bottom Clemson is one of the most talented teams and they lost to a totally inferior ND team. TL masked the deficiencies?

You know why D'Eriq King, one of the most coveted transfer QBs last year, picked Miami over every other team that wanted him? Because he saw a team with enough talent that would allow him to showcase his skills. There is no way in **** King would willing choose to go to a team he expected to have a losing record when he knew he had to have an unreal season to prove to NFL scouts he is an NFL quality QB.

The fact that King chose Miami over almost every team should permanently and forever put to bed the question whether he is masking a bad team or not. It is totally absurd to believe he would choose a 6-7 team if he didn't look at the roster and see a winning squad. And he has been proven right, Miami is 7-1, with a very, very good shot at being 8-1 after next week. Then just two more Ws in winnable games and Miami has its 2nd 10 win season in a decade in a half, and in a shortened season no less.
These mfs getting annoying with this without king nonsense. What is lsu without burrow last year? The list can go on

Advertisement
Back