So…watching Alabama - Georgia..

Fightinibis

Junior
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
5,851
How does everyone feel HONESTLY, minus all of our standard bravado, that we stack up remotely healthy? To either squad.

Just shooting the **** on a Saturday night. Primarily on OL and DL..
 
They are both very tough outs. Of any teams built the most similar to us, it’s those 2 teams. They are tough physically in the trenches and have a tough defense. Only thing of question is Russel (first year of playing CFB as a starter) and the uga kid is limited physically.
 
They are both very tough outs. Of any teams built the most similar to us, it’s those 2 teams. They are tough physically in the trenches and have a tough defense. Only thing of question is Russel (first year of playing CFB as a starter) and the uga kid is limited physically.
Yeah….hate to say it, but UGAs OL looked pretty ****, not us last year, but not far off. Alabama is pretty good too.
 
The Top 7 teams can all beat each other.

Georgia and Alabama have gotten back to running the ball after falling off for a couple years. I wish we had that many blocking TEs.

I will say that Georgia is short on skill-position talent.
Good point. It was flat out amazing how they abandoned the run like they did last year. I guess if you get a kid like Crowell, you better run it.

I was never disillusioned this year on OL and DL with what we lost, but I hope we can find some youthful big violence to match that…I know we have the talent, but maybe not yet the test we need to know.
 
Flawed teams.

UGA is still very vanilla and predictable on O. They just execute. Execute on the same level then you stop them.

Bama is too inconsistent. They can overwhelm you…def a top 3-4 roster but way too inconsistent and if you stay consistent and execute like UGA then you’ll beat them.

We beat both these teams no problem. Looks like we’re destined to meet ND again no matter what happens.
 
Blitz the crap out of both QBs and stay in your lane. Neither can process reads quickly. If the first one isnt there, they look to take off. Give them time like a 7-7 drill and they can make throws.
 
Mensah gonna need to have a good day next week to keep that completion percentage lead. Stockton went 81% again tonight. He’s a lot better than I gave him credit for last night. Very accurate and a very live arm, and he’s athletic. They’ll be a tough out, as always.

I just don’t think anyone is holding us to 17 points, so I like our chances against UGA
 
We beat Bama in a close one, UGA would be death by a thousand punches imo. If we could take the punches, it'd be a good game.
 
Back
Top