Snap Counts vs Pitt

That was the quietest 32 snaps from a WR I've ever seen with Payton. I had no idea he played that many snaps. And Wiggins is awful. He's regressed from last year. He was a pretty solid emerging deep threat last year, and he's completely gone in the tank this year.

At what point does Likens starting getting some blame? All we talk about is how bad our WR corp is, but never a peep about their coach.

Advertisement
At what point does Likens starting getting some blame? All we talk about is how bad our WR corp is, but never a peep about their coach.
At no one, because its not his fault that 3/6/8 suck. These guys had **** coaching from the moment they stepped on campus.

He is increasing playing time of the younger ones already. Its not his fault that Payton runs a perfect curl and loses his shoe. Or that Smith gets deep seperation on every play.

At no one, because its not his fault that 3/6/8 suck. These guys had **** coaching from the moment they stepped on campus.

He is increasing playing time of the younger ones already. Its not his fault that Payton runs a perfect curl and loses his shoe. Or that Smith gets deep seperation on every play.

IMHO, the proper answer is "it's too early to tell". Likens can't be faulted for the early results. But we need to see improvement at some point. I want to see how these freshmen develop. I know he didn't recruit them. But they're not finished products, and he's accountable for their progress.

Advertisement
IMHO, the proper answer is "it's too early to tell". Likens can't be faulted for the early results. But we need to see improvement at some point. I want to see how these freshmen develop. I know he didn't recruit them. But they're not finished products, and he's accountable for their progress.
Exactly.

I know we only get to see Huff on Special Teams... but watch every single kick return. The man is MOVING down field. Would love just to see him a little more. They say he doesn’t know the defensive scheme yet. But, wasn’t he the scout team player of the year last year? Something doesn’t add up on that.

Advertisement
I would love to see Larry Hodges get some touches at TE with Brevin out. Before redshirting last year, he flashed some playmaking ability

Flagg, Smith, Harrison-Hunte, and Brooks are in the process of taking jobs going by the snap counts.

Harvey and Williams just go to show how deep the defensive end position is.

Impressed with the youth across the roster getting serious playing time.
What do you think is holding Huff back from getting pt?

Advertisement
He inherited a **** WR room. What WR coach in the nation is going to make Wiggins, Harley and Pope even a "good" trio? They are what they are at this point. It's year 3 and 4. Pope is serviceable and the other two are JAGs. Let's see how he develops the young guys before trashing the guy who developed multiple first rounders as of late.

People complaining Mallory not getting enough snaps.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, next to King, he had the most offensive snaps among the skill players.

Now if you say he should have been targeted more, you may be onto something considering he had 2 TD catches and averaged 25yds per catch on his two catches. He also had a PI committed against him. I counted 4-5 targets. Should probably be more.

So let’s stop with the Mallory isn’t getting enough snaps or isn’t playing enough... it’s just not true.

Here’s a hint for you football retards: say this - “target him more”. Or this “get him more involved in the offense” ... this way you won’t come off as complete tards that don’t even watch the games.

Harley's TD was due to Smith. Clearly, his speed was noticed by Pitt leading to a missed assignment.

McCloud keeps giving up TDs. Brooks should have replaced him already.

Hunt is eating up Ford's PT.
That td was on carter. If you watch the play he had the te and engaged him and fell. McCloud still sucks but carter gave that up

Advertisement
-I'd hold Chaney, Jordan and Williams out this week so they're right as rain following the bye.
-Enjoyed the Knighton/Harris backfield but Knighton did not excite.
-We saw more snaps for freshmen WR but we're stuck with Harley, Pope, Wiggins as starters moving forward imo.
-Encouraged by more snaps for Hunte and Miller but Ford can get credit for great run D against ****t.
-Liking the early snaps the last two weeks for Flagg and Brooks but Jennings and McCloud will still start.
-Don't agree with benching Carter but Smith should get practice reps at safety if he isn't already.

-

That td was on carter. If you watch the play he had the te and engaged him and fell. McCloud still sucks but carter gave that up

Another kid that sucks in coverage and likely should only play when we face the triple option schools.

OFFENSE

Mark Pope – (41)
- Robert Burns – (6)
- Corey Gaynor – (78)
- Donald Chaney Jr. – (8)
- Jaylan Knighton - (22)
- Mike Harley – (57)
- Cam’Ron Harris – (49)
- Jakai Clark – (78)
- DJ Scaife Jr. – (78)
- Keyshawn Smith – (33)
- Domonic Mammarelli – (8)
- Michael Redding III – (6)
- John Campbell Jr. – (78)
- Xavier Restrepo – (7)
- Larry Hodges – (10)
- Zion Nelson – (78)
- Jeremiah Payton – (32)
- D’Eriq King – (78)
- Dee Wiggins – (42)
- Will Mallory – (69)

DEFENSE

Quincy Roche – (62)
- Jaelan Phillips – (60)
- Nesta Jade Silvera – (37)
- Jared Harrison-Hunte – (31)
- Jahfari Harvey – (17)
- Jonathan Ford – (33)
- Bradley Jennings Jr. – (40)
- DJ Ivey – (63)
- Jason Blissett Jr. – (8)
- Zach McCloud – (44)
- Keontra Smith – (8)
- Sam Brooks Jr. – (33)
- Al Blades Jr. – (68)
- Jalar Holley – (2)
- Gurvan Hall Jr. – (53)
- Ryan Ragone – (2)
- Te’Cory Couch – (53)
- Bubba Bolden – (60)
- Jordan Miller – (31)
- Corey Flagg Jr. – (23)
- Cameron Williams – (15)
- Gilbert Frierson – (49)
- Amari Carter – (55)
That's about 250+ snaps for True/RS freshman in a close conference game for the "Diaz refuses to play talented freshmen" crowd.

Quote from Rok

saw more snaps for freshmen WR but we're stuck with Harley, Pope, Wiggins as starters moving forward imo

End quote

Harley and Pope played their best game of season against Pitt. Next few games will tell us whether an abnormality or signs of improvement.. Hope the latter. They are far from elite but just hope they will help us in future.

Advertisement
Back