SMU WR Coach

“Proven guy” for you is Trooper Taylor whose last year at auburn was in 2012

He’s currently at Duke...

**** man I’d have more respect if you listed a WR coach from Clemson, Bama, or maybe even OSU. Those would be proven guys to me...

**** I can’t even think of a player trooper developed... just know him as the bag man.

Again, I only quickly named Trooper because he would be an obvious upgrade and the Auburn connection. He took a backseat on high profile jobs due to the trouble he got in.

Yeah, I mean obviously the WR coach from Clemson, Bama, and OSU would be nice but unrealistic much? Why would I name them? Lol

One guy I really like and pushed for last year when we were looking for a WRC is Grant Heard from Indiana. He is their WR Coach and PGC I believe. I just remember the Indiana-OSU opener from a few years back when OSU's DB's were getting mossed on all game by the gazelle's Indiana had at WR. He also was at Ole Miss when they landed Treadwell (I know, bags helped) and has done a good job recruiting WR talent to Indiana since he has been there. It's also Indiana, not a juggernaut like Clemson, Bama, etc. He is a realistic name that I think would be worth a call.

Advertisement
Don’t “hate” him either, my personal preference is just a more proven guy? Is that alright with you? And if he brings him then nothing I can do. I will hope he kills it. Again, I just posted my opinion and preference since the OP asked for our thoughts. This is a message board and that’s what people do, we don’t have to be giddy about every potential move we make. We as fans are allowed to want better.

The proven guy in your scenario is 50 years old and has went backwards in his career. The "green guy" in your scenario coached a WR to single season numbers that would be #1 on our all time list.

Again, I only quickly named Trooper because he would be an obvious upgrade and the Auburn connection. He took a backseat on high profile jobs due to the trouble he got in.

Yeah, I mean obviously the WR coach from Clemson, Bama, and OSU would be nice but unrealistic much? Why would I name them? Lol

One guy I really like and pushed for last year when we were looking for a WRC is Grant Heard from Indiana. He is their WR Coach and PGC I believe. I just remember the Indiana-OSU opener from a few years back when OSU's DB's were getting mossed on all game by the gazelle's Indiana had at WR. He also was at Ole Miss when they landed Treadwell (I know, bags helped) and has done a good job recruiting WR talent to Indiana since he has been there. It's also Indiana, not a juggernaut like Clemson, Bama, etc. He is a realistic name that I think would be worth a call.
See there you go that’s a much better proven guy in Grant. That’s a very intriguing name to follow and hopefully get.

You lose me when you talk about proven and proceed to name a bag man who was last relevant when Radio was coaching here

Advertisement
Trob and telly lockett are available? If so both would be good recruiters on staff dont know about coaches but better then stubblefield I am sure. Wouldnt mind lamar thomas or kevin beard coming back

Advertisement
Keenan McCardell for WR Coach. Speaking it into existence.

Would love that. I know Keenan very well. Not sure why he would leave his NFL job though. But obviously if there is a staff shake up, would be well worth the call ...

Advertisement
Let Lashlee bring what he trusts will help him accomplish a total renovation of the worst offense in UM history.
Heard that same sentiment last year and enos brought Us stubbefield and butch Barry.. lashlee can recruit so he I’m sure he understands the importance of building a quality offensive staff

Advertisement
Would love that. I know Keenan very well. Not sure why he would leave his NFL job though. But obviously if there is a staff shake up, would be well worth the call ...

One of the best WR Coaches in the game, brother. Slide into McCardell's DMs and make it happen.

I think he'd be an incredible recruiter, too. Just cool.

“Proven guy” for you is Trooper Taylor whose last year at auburn was in 2012

He’s currently at Duke...

**** man I’d have more respect if you listed a WR coach from Clemson, Bama, or maybe even OSU. Those would be proven guys to me...

**** I can’t even think of a player trooper developed... just know him as the bag man.

Taylor is 100% a recruiter. My friend played WR at Tennessee when Trooper was there. Not sure if Trooper really teaches anything but his players love him and it’s probably because of those $20 handshakes he gives you throughout the season.

Trob and telly lockett are available? If so both would be good recruiters on staff dont know about coaches but better then stubblefield I am sure. Wouldnt mind lamar thomas or kevin beard coming back

Beard can’t recruit. There is a reason he didn’t stick at Miami or at Tennessee

Advertisement
Back