SMU WR Coach

Advertisement
I’d bring him on board. You don’t want the entire coaching staff having to learn new playbook and then teach to players.

Spend big money on OL coach

Heard that same sentiment last year and enos brought Us stubbefield and butch Barry.. lashlee can recruit so he I’m sure he understands the importance of building a quality offensive staff
We got a nasty surprise with Enos that became evident as the year wore on. With Lashlee we have a proven offensive tactician who's success is most likely by design and not random chance.

Advertisement
My buddy works for that company. I sent it to the staff about a month back and they had no interest

Not surprised...they are cheap bozos.

Miami has struggled with modernity for a long time. Slow on modern amenities, slow on modern strength and conditioning, slow on modern infrastructure, slow on modern analytics, slow on modern offense.

We are the Gunpowder Empire of College Football.

Pfenny...Pound the table. Lashlee used it last year. LSU has used it. The results were clear.

Last edited:
David Gru - WR coach the last two seasons at SMU....could he come over? He's a young guy that has done well...in limited experience.

I havent heard any other names for WR coach...

Thoughts?

David Gru joined the Mustang staff in January of 2018 and serves as the wide receivers coach.

Gru mentored Biletnikoff Watch List selection James Proche to first-team All-AAC honors. He finished the season ranked fifth nationally in receptions per game (7.8), seventh in receiving touchdowns (12) and ninth in receiving yards (1,199).

Gru spent the 2017 season at TCU as an offensive analyst and worked with quarterbacks. The Horned Frogs posted an 11-win season in 2017, reaching as high as No. 4 in the National rankings, and defeated Stanford in the Valero Alamo Bowl. TCU also made an appearance in the Big 12 Championship.

Prior to his time at TCU, Gru served as a graduate assistant working with quarterbacks and wide receivers at California where he helped mentor No. 1 NFL Draft pick Jared Goff, as well as draft selections Kenny Lawler, Trevor Davis and Chad Hansen. Lawler was a first-team All-Pac 12 selection, while Hansen earned mid-season All-America honors as well as a first-team all-conference nod. Gru also mentored freshman All-America selection Demetris Robertson.

Cal improved on its national rankings in passing offense and total offense each year from 2013-2015, while ranking in the top 10 in both during his final season.

Gru played three seasons at wide receiver for Louisiana Tech (2010-12). The Bulldogs earned a berth to the 2011 Poinsettia Bowl after winning the Western Athletic Conference.

Gru received his bachelor's degree in business finance from Louisiana Tech in 2012 and went on to earn to earn a master's degree in public health from Cal in 2015.
Bring them all in why not buyouts for all , we can tap the endowment to help with SMU coaches coming whom will all get fired with new HC in a year in firing CMD .

HUGE BUYOUTS IN THE WATER NOW THE FEEDING HAS BEGUN 😂

Advertisement
So a wr coach that can recruit ? So you want a guy that can walk up and hand over a bag then walkoff?

I’m in.

A WR coach not afraid of a fray.
1578170070668.png

Taylor is 100% a recruiter. My friend played WR at Tennessee when Trooper was there. Not sure if Trooper really teaches anything but his players love him and it’s probably because of those $20 handshakes he gives you throughout the season.
You mean Cutcliffe brought him to Duke to drop bags?

Advertisement
Not surprised...they are cheap bozos.

Miami has struggled with modernity for a long time. Slow on modern amenities, slow on modern strength and conditioning, slow on modern infrastructure, slow on modern analytics, slow on modern offense.

We are the Gunpowder Empire of College Football.

Pfenny...Pound the table. Lashlee used it last year. LSU has used it. The results were clear.

“That’s why we have walk on QBs”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back