Smith ostracized at Bama

Might be taking it too far but it's a double edged sword when Saban just let a kid transfer to Mizzou... Food for thought.

Advertisement
Saban is in his right to prevent a transfer to another SEC school. Do you think Richt would allow a key player to transfer to another school in the ACC? Requests for transfer releases within conference or to an OOC school on the upcoming schedule are generally denied.

Dumping Smith's personal belonging in the trash is classless, but I would have expected nothing less from Alabama. Saban seems the type to hold grudges and take everything personally. The correct action would be to ask for his playbook and for him to clean out his locker that same day.

"No hard feelings but you are free to leave if you do not want to be here".

Smith and his mother publically trying force a release to Georgia is an immature decision. They will not win. Smith would be better off transferring to an OOC school where he feels he can contribute immediately. I imagine the starter in Alabama's nickel package is a talented player who would have quite a number of options.

Yes, Richt would if he keeps the same policy as he did at UGA. Richts policy at UGA was if you didn't want to be at UGA, why would he keep your there? He let people go wherever they wanted. This changed with Kirby. This is one thing that irked some of the higher ups like the feckless tarkenton. Richt was about more than winning and was also about actually building the athlete/student/man/future and sometimes people wanted to win at no cost.

I don't want him here. Sounds like a problem plus they now went public with the fact we are his plan B. We should not be anyone's plan B. We need to move forward with what we got.

Sounds like brought this on himself. Some of you are creating threads about how Saban is holding him hostage when he was given a go yo transfer here. He doesn't want to be here.

Yeah. Smart people will look at that article and get turned off by Smith's whining. Smith and his mom took the "Alabama is an ogre" routine too far. They're trying to pressure Alabama through the media, but they've gone too far and they look unreasonable and whiny.

Alabama isn't stopping him from transferring. They're just stopping him from transferring to a division rival, which pretty much happens with every school. UM has done the same thing a few times.

You're being too hard on the kid and his momma, Chise. We're talking like a whole 9 mos he's going to have to spend wherever he ends up. Gotta "follow your heart" on a decision that big.

Eff this kid and his momma for putting me in the position of actually siding with The Lil ****tator of Tuscaloosy on this one.

Advertisement
Might be taking it too far but it's a double edged sword when Saban just let a kid transfer to Mizzou... Food for thought.

Is the new coach at Missouri a previous Alabama coach?

Saban swings the sword.

Smith sounds like a ****. What the fck does he expect? He tells Alabama he wants to transfer but he expects to have full access to the facilities to work out with the team? Makes no sense.

They're obviously trying to put public pressure on Saban and Alabama to release him to Georgia. Good thing is that Saban is basically the king there. If this was some new HC, they'd break him with the public whining campaign. I hope Saban doesn't break.

Smith's mom is a troublemaker. Dude was all set to come to UM, and she had to jump in there with that "follow your heart" bullshyt.

Come on Chise, regardless if he was given the green light to transfer to a non SEC school you can't treat a former player like sh:t just because he wants to transfer.

If they wanted him to clear out his locker or whatever the *** they could have at least let him know. They didnt have to throw away his stuff without letting him know. What kind of message where they trying to send to the kid?

Last edited:
****,when I read the title I was really hoping it was Devonta Smith who was ostracized by Bama...Oh well.

Saban swings the sword.

That's ******* stupid, if anything Saban should be blocking his coaches from taking SEC jobs. The irony. Who's more of a threat, a guy who knows your entire defensive scheme or a nickle corner lmao. College is so crooked.

Advertisement

Saban swings the sword.

That's ******* stupid, if anything Saban should be blocking his coaches from taking SEC jobs. The irony. Who's more of a threat, a guy who knows your entire defensive scheme or a nickle corner lmao. College is so crooked.

You sound like Smith whining. We all know how the system works and I don't blame Saban one bit from blocking Smart from stealing his players.

Smart blocked players from following Richt. What goes around comes around.

Smith sounds like a ****. What the fck does he expect? He tells Alabama he wants to transfer but he expects to have full access to the facilities to work out with the team? Makes no sense.

They're obviously trying to put public pressure on Saban and Alabama to release him to Georgia. Good thing is that Saban is basically the king there. If this was some new HC, they'd break him with the public whining campaign. I hope Saban doesn't break.

Smith's mom is a troublemaker. Dude was all set to come to UM, and she had to jump in there with that "follow your heart" bullshyt.

Come on Chise, regardless if he was given the green light to transfer to a non SEC school you can't treat a former player like sh:t just because he wants to transfer. If they wanted him to clear out his locker or whatever the *** they could have at least let him know. They didnt have to throw away his stuff without letting him know. What kind of message where they trying to send to the kid?

I don't condone throwing his personal property in the garbage. But I don't necessarily buy that claim anyway because Smith and his mom are going out of their way to publicly pressure Alabama through the media, so they need something to make their otherwise unpersuasive sob story (i.e., I only want to go to conference rival UGA even though you'll let me go to 114 other schools with no problem) more effective.

Alabama had every right to cut him off from the lockerroom and team activities as soon as he told them he no longer wanted to be part of the team. What were they supposed to do? Yeah sure, Mo, come on in and train and eat with the team and use our facilities to better yourself to go play at a conference rival. Nonsense.

Advertisement

Come on Chise, regardless if he was given the green light to transfer to a non SEC school you can't treat a former player like sh:t just because he wants to transfer. If they wanted him to clear out his locker or whatever the *** they could have at least let him know. They didnt have to throw away his stuff without letting him know. What kind of message where they trying to send to the kid?

I don't condone throwing his personal property in the garbage. But I don't necessarily buy that claim anyway because Smith and his mom are going out of their way to publicly pressure Alabama through the media, so they need something to make their otherwise unpersuasive sob story (i.e., I only want to go to conference rival UGA even though you'll let me go to 114 other schools with no problem) more effective.

Alabama had every right to cut him off from the lockerroom and team activities as soon as he told them he no longer wanted to be part of the team. What were they supposed to do? Yeah sure, Mo, come on in and train and eat with the team and use our facilities to better yourself to go play at a conference rival. Nonsense.

Seems logical. With us or against us.

Advertisement
He should've headed OOC and I'm not shocked at all that someone threw his belongings in the trash. It isn't my style, but someone on each and every team would do it.

No way the coaching staff trashed his personal belongings. That's locker room law being enforced at the player level. I, for one, am envious. I want the survival of the fittest mentality back in our locker room.

So he doesn't want to be here.... Would like to have him but he obviously doesn't want to be here.

So he doesn't want to be here.... Would like to have him but he obviously doesn't want to be here.

I have already lost interest in what he wants. Get to Miami. Ball out. Get paid in the NFL. Shut up or bury Alabama with actual dirt. We don't always get what we want. Life is not Burger King.

Advertisement
Back