Small, but significant domino

Well, there goes college football for 2020.

Fauci stands to make a lot of money off PATENTED treatments/vaccines, and if he leaves devastation everywhere until those are approved - so be it.

I'd at least like to see a "Punt Off," with each team using his narrow little *** as the football.

Advertisement
Agree with this....I’m just waiting for the first athlete to get really sick from it, and then we’ll truly see panic and irrational decision making. Right now it’s kinda being tiptoed around. Clemson has 38 kids who got it (OH MY ******* GOD!!!!!!), but none of them are really sick or showing major symptoms (YAYYYYYY!!!!). Wait till Johnny ****face at Kansas or Colorado gets it and has to be intubated. It’ll be World War III against football.

Looks like Johnny ****face is actually getting sick.
6562326C-BEA5-4B8C-8FF1-8DEC43556FA3.jpeg

If FBS teams start cancelling games, then it's an issue. I'm in the school that says people are prone to panic, so you and I are probably looking at this the same way. I expect panic and irrational decision making because that's the norm.

No one wants to admit that college kids are going to catch COVID whether there's football or not. So they might as well play in order to save the gigantic economy that relies on football. These kids feel invincible, and they're full of testosterone and raging hormones. They're not going into quarantine if the season gets cancelled.

This was my first thought when people assumed the season would be cancelled. Has anyone considered the fact that all athletes are probably being more cautious right now with the hope that there is a season. If they were to cancel it, those kids would go crazy and not care if they got it or not.

Well, there goes college football for 2020.

Fauci stands to make a lot of money off PATENTED treatments/vaccines, and if he leaves devastation everywhere until those are approved - so be it.

I'd at least like to see a "Punt Off," with each team using his narrow little *** as the football.
That guy has duped all the dopes....

Of course not. But I think it’s rooted in 2 things, and for the record I’m not saying either is logical or not, just imo this is the thinking:

1. conference games are generally more regionalized than OOC games. Of course not for Miami, who is in the same conference as a team in Boston, but generally speaking. There’s no opposite coast games. So maybe they’re thinking travel would be somewhat limited vs crisscrossing the country.

2. it gives them another month cushion. You could start the season in October and everyone just play 8 conference games. Gives everyone another month to play with, not that it matters, but it’d allow the powers that be to save a little face and get further away from potential spikes, maybe.

To be sure they would have to extend fall camp if this were to happen. Televised scrimmages like spring games would be beneficial to both networks and teams.

Advertisement
This was my first thought when people assumed the season would be cancelled. Has anyone considered the fact that all athletes are probably being more cautious right now with the hope that there is a season. If they were to cancel it, those kids would go crazy and not care if they got it or not.
I'm not sure how cautious they're being right now, but I think college kids are going to be college kids. I know when I was in college I did things I'd never think about doing now and took risks that I'd never take now. I was invincible in my mind. These kids see COVID as a cold. So whether there's football or not, they're going to spread that bug around to each other.

The only real difference I see is that if there's football, at least the players will have the benefit of early detection, treatment, and effective quarantine in a "if you don't isolate, you're not playing again" type of way versus "ok, see you guys in the spring be careful out there" kind of way.

I keep hearing this conference only stuff. It sounds good on the surface, but when you break that down, it's really nonsense. Is Miami playing UNC really any different from a virus standpoint than Miami playing Temple?

Exactly. It’s just one of those CIS tropes that keeps getting repeated so often, that rank speculation becomes truth. Logically, there’s no difference between Miami vs a Temple or UNC vis-a-vis Covid. Maybe a Wagner possibly, but not a G5 or P5.

it’s just something that’s been bandied about as speculation in other sports media so people take it as gospel. Now could it happen? Sure. If they decide to cut back on the number of games played, obviously one option would be only conference games. But for that reason only. Not anything having to do with safety or overall Covid considerations

Advertisement
Another silly "what if" posed by a Sporting News reporter: if wearing masks becomes more and more mandated (or are still mandated in September), will players be required to wear them during practices and games? I find that idea even insane to think about, but look at the world we're currently living in. 🤔.

Not masks, but I’m seeing a full on ST26 type face shield, adapted to allow full respiration with no fog technology. Like I see the little old ladies with the hat shields wearing at the Publix

We'll replace them with a school that has more of a backboned administration.

I don’t think anyone will be finding replacements for this years schedule, it’s just not feasible. I can def live without the Wagner and UAB games, but hope we do get to play Temple, MSU OOC.

I don’t think anyone will be finding replacements for this years schedule, it’s just not feasible. I can def live without the Wagner and UAB games, but hope we do get to play Temple, MSU OOC.
If someone needs the money never rule it out. I do see your point of view.

Advertisement
I keep hearing this conference only stuff. It sounds good on the surface, but when you break that down, it's really nonsense. Is Miami playing UNC really any different from a virus standpoint than Miami playing Temple?

The schools and cinferences don’t care about players getting Covid, they care about money and liability.

The ACC TV deal is why we may only see conference games. Also less games less liability.

Im sure there is a Force Majeure Clause in the contract.

B2B commercial/transactional contracts generally have force majeure provisions (at least in the narrow scope of business I have conducted). I would assume these school to school play contracts would have this as well, but then again I really don’t know that for a fact

Not masks, but I’m seeing a full on ST26 type face shield, adapted to allow full respiration with no fog technology. Like I see the little old ladies with the hat shields wearing at the Publix

This imagine has been making the rounds. Not sure if it’s real, I think it looks kind cool, not sure how it would work but this it has AC in it.
1593807237909.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back