Small, but significant domino

Advertisement
First FBS game, as far as I know, is now cancelled.

Now, it’s being cancelled because an FCS school is saying they can’t play it. So it’s not exactly doomsday. But it’s certainly significant and without question not good.

miniGif_20200703104134.gif

Advertisement
Lafayette? Talk to me when they start getting in the pockets of the big money schools where football is the school.

Hence the reason why I said small but significant.

Notre Dame now, in almost all likelihood, plays 11 games this year, at best. Again, not doomsday. But certainly significant and not a decision that is headed in the right direction.

Advertisement
The only game that matters to Lafayette is Lehigh.

Otherwise, football is insignificant there. The stadium gets more fans for Easton/P-Burg HS games.

I can see a lot of these smaller schools being cautious.
It's easy for them to be cautious when their entire university isn't built around the football program like the big P5 schools are. With so much money and the survival of some of these schools on the line, they'll do everything they can to play football.

Advertisement
It's easy for them to be cautious when their entire university isn't built around the football program like the big P5 schools are. With so much money and the survival of some of these schools on the line, they'll do everything they can to play football.

Absolutely. Those kids are there for academics, not football. The financial impact is minimal.

You can pay attention whenever you want, friend. And I can reply with my feelings on the subject whenever I want. Fair?

Of course. But I was asking for your feelings on the subject. What’s a significant development towards whether or not we have a normal season, or any season at all? If a Week 1 OOC game between 2 FBS schools is cancelled tomorrow, just as a hypothetical, is that a significant domino? Or we just pretend nothing is going on until a Miami game is impacted?

Advertisement
First FBS game, as far as I know, is now cancelled.

Now, it’s being cancelled because an FCS school is saying they can’t play it. So it’s not exactly doomsday. But it’s certainly significant and without question not good.

Miami might not play Wagner because Wagner can’t afford to test their players as stringent as Miami or the ACC would like. Might see more of these small schools getting knocked off schedules because of testing stuff.

Miami might not play Wagner because Wagner can’t afford to test their players as stringent as Miami or the ACC would like. Might see more of these small schools getting knocked off schedules because of testing stuff.

I’d be interested to know the details of the contract with Wagner. If Miami is on the hook for money regardless if the game is played or not, they’re not coming down here.

Advertisement
Back