Small 2022 Classes

In a big surprise, if Horton does not commit next week, I'd imagine Manny/Likens still want to add one big bodied WR to go with Landon. I'd expect two minimum

Advertisement
No one was talking upgrade in talent when we had 3* LB's that started all 4 years in Miami.. Oh and most have forgotten I guess about dead weight Baker that was the root cause of our defensive problems since day one when dude took the job. Finally, we have more talent according to star rankings then when those 3 * LB's started here.
False. Plenty here have been concerned about Manny’s LB recruiting. Maybe you weren’t.

And Blaming Baker for a position Manny recruited and coached is weak.

Finally, star rankings don’t mean isht if you don’t evaluate well. What good is a loser lottery ticket after you scratch it off?

This list is unbelievable.
Yep. And kinda ageee with someone who noted campbell doesn’t really belong on it. But tossed him in to test reaction. Everyone else, ****. AJ Trump prolly should have been on it. Reggie Youngblood wasn’t that bad but for a 5*, sure wasn’t good.

OL has been the biggest mess of a unit for this whole period, save a few years with stoutland kids. WR under coker was a train wreck - we had a punter playing the spot. LB under manny looking ugly. But OL is always a top 2 headache.

Hoping Justice evaluates differently. If we want local skill position guys coming here, table stakes are an OL and someone to throw them the ball.

Sucks for the fringe kids. Many kids could potentially have their life altered by this. Maybe prep schools will see a surge.

False. Plenty here have been concerned about Manny’s LB recruiting. Maybe you weren’t.

Finally, star rankings don’t mean isht if you don’t evaluate well. What good is a loser lottery ticket after you scratch it off?
So we have a talent problem?? When according to 247 we have better talent at the position then before.. I guess Baker has nothing to do with the downgrade.. LOL you can't make this up. We will see if the defense improves this year with Manny running things and not dead weight Baker.

Advertisement

Compared to most of the other names on that list, I could be convinced to give Gall a pass. He at least managed to come back from injury to start some games as a junior and senior, and my recollection is he usually filled in fine at center. Nothing special, but not a terrible contribution to the team for a 3* OL prospect.

Compared to most of the other names on that list, I could be convinced to give Gall a pass. He at least managed to come back from injury to start some games as a junior and senior, and my recollection is he usually filled in fine at center. Nothing special, but not a terrible contribution to the team for a 3* OL prospect.
iirc he was serviceable as a RS senior. Not a good eval though. Morse was good for 1.5 seasons also, but sure took time to get there. I think 2 solid years from an upper-classman OL is what the minimum expectation should be.

So we have a talent problem?? When according to 247 we have better talent at the position then before.. I guess Baker has nothing to do with the downgrade.. LOL you can't make this up. We will see if the defense improves this year with Manny running things and not dead weight Baker.
I have no idea what team you watch, but if you don't think we've evaluated poorly on LBs since Manny got here, then I don't know what to tell you. Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud were Dorito evals. Manny has recruited poorly and evaluated poorly at LB. If you think 247 tells you your talent, then you do not understand anything about evaluations.

Blame Baker all you want, but this was Manny's D as DC and HC, and he was the LB coach as DC. He's tried to be clever and take athletes and vertical guys who aren't LBs and think they'll become LBs, and hasn't worked out well, probably because LB isn't that kind of position. You need guys who are instinctive, move laterally, like contact and can shed blockers. Not converted rush ends.

Advertisement
Our OL evals have been bad for so long, excepting Stoutland.

Remember tyler mcmeans? Ian symonette? cyrim wimbs? Alex pou? Anthony wollschlager? John rochford. Sonny odogwu. Andrew tallman. Kerr. St. Pierre. Byrd. Barney. Pipho. Horn. Ben jones. Jermaine johnson. Plein. Jermaine barton. Knighton. Gall. Joe brown. Jahair jones. Bar milo. Brandon loftus. Mahoney. Gauthier. Tre johnson. Herbert, hillery, dykstra. Campbell, reed. Elgammel.
Makes me long for the days of Shabaka Abdul-Majid.

Shaq and mccloud were 4 stars and Mcloud took a rs his 4th year
Yeah I guess they upgraded them at the very end.. McCloud and Shaq were 4* and Pic a 3*.. Now we have Avery Huff,
I have no idea what team you watch, but if you don't think we've evaluated poorly on LBs since Manny got here, then I don't know what to tell you. Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud were Dorito evals. Manny has recruited poorly and evaluated poorly at LB. If you think 247 tells you your talent, then you do not understand anything about evaluations.

Blame Baker all you want, but this was Manny's D as DC and HC, and he was the LB coach as DC. He's tried to be clever and take athletes and vertical guys who aren't LBs and think they'll become LBs, and hasn't worked out well, probably because LB isn't that kind of position. You need guys who are instinctive, move laterally, like contact and can shed blockers. Not converted rush ends.
I wonder what your excuse will be once LB's show up this year?? That Baker is gone.. I guess I have too be blunt AF. We've had mediocre talent at LB's for years, but now it becomes a problem? Once Baker took over, and showed everyone how bad dude truly was down here.

BTW I think Manny knows we need to recruit better which is why he is changing up his staff to known recruiters. And we got lucky AF with LSU taking do nothing Baker as well.

taking athletes or vertical guys is a big risk in manny’s d for lbs. you need true lbs in his system and for mike a lb with some size because our scheme isn’t using the dl to help lbs take on blocks among other things

Yeah I guess they upgraded them at the very end.. McCloud and Shaq were 4* and Pic a 3*.. Now we have Avery Huff,

I wonder what your excuse will be once LB's show up this year?? That Baker is gone.. I guess I have too be blunt AF. We've had mediocre talent at LB's for years, but now it becomes a problem? Once Baker took over, and showed everyone how bad dude truly was down here.
We haven’t had mediocre talent. Shaq and Perryman are far from mediocre. The bigger issue is the scheme. Its not a easy defense for a ilb. Flagg could end up being the dude in this d at lb. I’ll hold off manny lb judgement till after this season. A veteran portal sure thing would have been nice but seeing all the portal lbs who we didn’t pursue hard, Diaz must think the improvements at lb are there for 21 season

Advertisement
In a big surprise, if Horton does not commit next week, I'd imagine Manny/Likens still want to add one big bodied WR to go with Landon. I'd expect two minimum

I wouldn't count on it. We took 3 last year and can return almost everyone for '22.

I think Diaz is a good recruiter/above average salesman...And I think he uses gimmicks effectively

I think he is an AVERAGE evaluator AT BEST...And I flat out don't get what he's doing at some positions. Seems like he doesn't have an eye for LB or corner at all. (Some of his passes are mind-boggling, and maybe some of that is just not having enough backup plans when he starts losing)..I believe some of that is his scheme, but by now if he's not at least interested in tweaking his "position less back 7 approach"...Then he may as well clean out his office now.

Conventional LB/Corneback- his clear weakness

I think Diaz is a good recruiter/above average salesman...And I think he uses gimmicks effectively

I think he is an AVERAGE evaluator AT BEST...And I flat out don't get what he's doing at some positions. Seems like he doesn't have an eye for LB or corner at all. (Some of his passes are mind-boggling, and maybe some of that is just not having enough backup plans when he starts losing)..I believe some of that is his scheme, but by now if he's not at least interested in tweaking his "position less back 7 approach"...Then he may as well clean out his office now.

Conventional LB/Corneback- his clear weakness
He’s just garbage bro it is what it is

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back