Small 2022 Classes

Advertisement
The poor portal kids (seriously). They were all led to believe the NCAA would relax caps for them to move around. But instead the caps were only relaxed for kids who stayed, and now all those guys are crowding out the incoming classes. The music has stopped and 90% of the portal guys are without a chair.

As usual it sucks that the NCAA has dragged their feet and not addressed this. Unfortunately it will only hurt the athletes. Also, don’t worry about Bama, they will still sign more than 25 and tell the NCAA to go fück themselves to which Emmert will grab the Vaseline and comply.
Facts!

Looking at the depth chart, i dont see huge gaping holes anywhere except at CB obviously. This and OL are the only unit that need a minimum of 3 recruits.

The timing is quite perfect for a small class.

QB - Brown is enough.

RB - We have 4 underclassmen for 2022, we could take a flyer on either a project or a high floor-low ceiling guy that can serve as an emergency 5th string back in case we suffer unexpected attrition.

WR - We have 8 WRs coming back plus Wiggins and Pope still have eligibility for 2022 lol. I think Curtis moves here as well. That's 9-11 kids for 3 spots. I think Landon is enough.

TE - 3 coming back we definitely need at least one.

OL - 2 tackles and 1 interior recruit are the minimums.

DL - 6 DTs and 6 DEs are coming back. We could easily end up with just a class of Stewart and Lyons and still be fine. I'd obviously shoot for another DE and DT to get to 16 total.

LB - 1 is all we need. We have 7 guys coming back plus Steed and Jennings with eligibility making it 9 kids max possible. We only run 2 LBs, the math here is clear.

CB - Biggest need of the class.

S/striker - I count 7 kids coming back for these 3 spots, we could end up with 2 recruits for these positions. Hall/Frierson/Bolden still have eligibility as well to come back.

P - We should get one.
Completely disagree at LB. We desperately need to upgrade talent. Forget ‘numbers.’. We don’t have enough kids who can play LB at UM effectively in our schemes.

We need OL, LB, CB and DL, most particularly.

Advertisement
Our OL evals have been bad for so long, excepting Stoutland.

Remember tyler mcmeans? Ian symonette? cyrim wimbs? Alex pou? Anthony wollschlager? John rochford. Sonny odogwu. Andrew tallman. Kerr. St. Pierre. Byrd. Barney. Pipho. Horn. Ben jones. Jermaine johnson. Plein. Jermaine barton. Knighton. Gall. Joe brown. Jahair jones. Bar milo. Brandon loftus. Mahoney. Gauthier. Tre johnson. Herbert, hillery, dykstra. Campbell, reed. Elgammel.

Advertisement

Remember tyler mcmeans? Ian symonette? cyrim wimbs? Alex pou? Anthony wollschlager? John rochford. Sonny odogwu. Andrew tallman. Kerr. St. Pierre. Byrd. Barney. Pipho. Horn. Ben jones. Jermaine johnson. Plein. Jermaine barton. Knighton. Gall. Joe brown. Jahair jones. Bar milo. Brandon loftus. Mahoney. Gauthier. Tre johnson. Herbert, hillery, dykstra. Campbell, reed. Elgammel.

I think Campbell can play here, but the rest..I'm with you and agree with you overall. You have to throw numbers at this position. We need 4 every cycle, minimum..and not just bodies either obviously.

Disappointed with Reed after watching the army all star game. I thought him and Scaife were going to dominate the right side the way they played together.

Maybe the light switch comes on and he becomes serviceable

I Don't even remember Plein. Point taken.

But take Campbell out of there please.

Completely disagree at LB. We desperately need to upgrade talent. Forget ‘numbers.’. We don’t have enough kids who can play LB at UM effectively in our schemes.

We need OL, LB, CB and DL, most particularly.
No one was talking upgrade in talent when we had 3* LB's that started all 4 years in Miami.. Oh and most have forgotten I guess about dead weight Baker that was the root cause of our defensive problems since day one when dude took the job. Finally, we have more talent according to star rankings then when those 3 * LB's started here.

Advertisement
No one was talking upgrade in talent when we had 3* LB's that started all 4 years in Miami.. Oh and most have forgotten I guess about dead weight Baker that was the root cause of our defensive problems since day one when dude took the job. Finally, we have more talent according to star rankings then when those 3 * LB's started here.
Shaq and mccloud were 4 stars and Mcloud took a rs his 4th year

This list is unbelievable.

i do not mind taking Carswell. Still, he is not that different from Odogwu and Elgammal prospect wise. Having at least three other linemen, including two other tackle candidates, should be a priority. Especially with the amount of DBs Miami is looking to take and Zion Nelson's bubbling professional profile.

Joe Brown has the distinction of being the worst tape I've ever watched. Sucked on offense and defense.

Advertisement
i do not mind taking Carswell. Still, he is not that different from Odogwu and Elgammal prospect wise. Having at least three other linemen, including two other tackle candidates, should be a priority. Especially with the amount of DBs Miami is looking to take and Zion Nelson's bubbling professional profile.

Joe Brown has the distinction of being the worst tape I've ever watched. Sucked on offense and defense.
I think Carswell shows much better footwork than both the aforementioned guys. We definitely wanna surround him with 2 more guys though.

Looking at the depth chart, i dont see huge gaping holes anywhere except at CB obviously. This and OL are the only unit that need a minimum of 3 recruits.

The timing is quite perfect for a small class.

QB - Brown is enough.

RB - We have 4 underclassmen for 2022, we could take a flyer on either a project or a high floor-low ceiling guy that can serve as an emergency 5th string back in case we suffer unexpected attrition.

WR - We have 8 WRs coming back plus Wiggins and Pope still have eligibility for 2022 lol. I think Curtis moves here as well. That's 9-11 kids for 3 spots. I think Landon is enough.

TE - 3 coming back we definitely need at least one.

OL - 2 tackles and 1 interior recruit are the minimums.

DL - 6 DTs and 6 DEs are coming back. We could easily end up with just a class of Stewart and Lyons and still be fine. I'd obviously shoot for another DE and DT to get to 16 total.

LB - 1 is all we need. We have 7 guys coming back plus Steed and Jennings with eligibility making it 9 kids max possible. We only run 2 LBs, the math here is clear.

CB - Biggest need of the class.

S/striker - I count 7 kids coming back for these 3 spots, we could end up with 2 recruits for these positions. Hall/Frierson/Bolden still have eligibility as well to come back.

P - We should get one.
I absolutely agree with you on the sentiment that 1 WR is enough in this class unless we are swinging for a 5* And I think one of Pope and Wiggins uses that 6th year and comes back. Maybe not both but definitely one. With the NIL thing coming into play, I think kids who know they arent going to get drafted high or drafted at all, will stay that extra year.

Barring injury I think Bolden and Frierson are gone. I think Hall stays. And I think either KWashington or Balom transfers out after 2022 especially IF we land Kamari Wilson who is a Day 1 level contributor.. Room is getting crowded. (To the KW and BB fans, Im not saying they arent good but somebody is transferring out after 2022 if we land KWilson or MWilliams. Or if Hall stays for a 6th year. Too many talented guys in that room to not look for opportunities elsewhere. Thats actually a good thing IMO..)

I think we start pushing certain LBs out the door after this season. I dont see them letting anyone stay around for a 6th season if they arent contributing in some way this season.

I think Carswell shows much better footwork than both the aforementioned guys. We definitely wanna surround him with 2 more guys though.
Miami will definitely take 3, i hope they take 4 or 5

He does have pretty good feet. I'm speaking in reference to scholarships to guys without much football experience yet.

Advertisement
Back