Slow Day.. So What if UF never stop playing Miami? My result

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
Trying to be unbiased.. Trying to be fair. What do y'all think?

88: UM
89: UM
90: UM
91: UM
92: UM
93: UM
94: UM

95: UF
96: UF
97: UF
98: UF
99: UF
00: UM
01: UM
02: UM
03: UM
04: UM
05: UM

06: UF
07: UF
08: UF
09: UF
10: UF
11: UM
12: UF
13: UM
14: UM
15: UF
16: UM
-----------------------------
17-12 Miami
46-38 Miami

1988-1994: Miami was just to stacked for Florida at the time. Florida was fighting for bowl eligibility while Miami was playing for a title almost every year. I do think the games from 1990 to 1994 would be pretty close contests as that is when the Gators got Spurrier but I don't think he would have enough of his own player to beat Miami during that time.

1995-1999: Like Florida earlier, Miami was reeling. Sanctions reducing multiple scholarships just ripped a hole in the Miami football program. Florida was in the middle of it's best era at the time with the fun and gun offense even beating a stacked FSU team in the title game. I think with Spurrier having all of his players and with Miami losing most of their big names like Lewis and Sapp and being effected in recruiting by the sanctions.. It would be to tough for Miami to win against those Gator teams.

2000-2005: Miami played Florida in 2001(Bowl), 2002, 2003 and 2004(Bowl). Miami won all four. I think around 2000 Miami would have caught up with Florida in talent and I think after Butch (being a Former NFL D-coord) would learn of ways to defend Spurrier offense with the upgrade of talent and depth I think Miami wins the 2000 matchup.. I think Spurrier honeymoon in Florida, like Mark Richt at Georga, starts to grow stale while Miami is on the come up. No way we lose to Ron Zook Gators.. In 2005, Florida gets Meyer and I think Meyer loses the first game to Miami as he gets use to football in the south (assuming Florida plays Miami early which would be the case if the UM-UF Rivalry ever resumed). I mean, Miami ran Florida off the field in the Peach Bowl game prior to the 2005 season so I see no difference in the result but I do think UF would be a better coached team then they were in the peach bowl)

2006-2010: Welp! One Name. URBAN F**KING MEYER. Period. Glad he left when he did. The 2009 UM team probably had the best chance of beating UF and even then I don't think they could considering Florida fielded an undefeated team (In the regular season).. YES Miami beat Oklahoma and YES Miami beat Florida State but you have to understand that Oklahoma lost Bradford before we played and finished 8-5 and FSU did no better going 7-6.. so using those 2 team to plead your case on whether Miami could beat that Florida team that finished 13-1 would be foolish.. then again, it's a rivalry game.. you never know.

2011: Yeaaaa.. I'ma throw my cane shades on for this one.. Will Muschamps is a bum.. Al Golden is a bum.. based on the reader.. u can claim this win whether your a gayter fan or a canes fan. My determining factor is we lost to FSU 23-19 (-4) and Florida lost to FSU 21-7 (-14).

2012: I gotta give this to Florida.. They went like 11-2 and if you remove the hyphen from "11-2" you get "112" which is about where our defense was ranked that season. LOL.

2013: Beat'em :Cool:

2014: Fawk that. Go to 2012. There was only 2 determining factors.. SCAR and FSU.. We both lost to SCAR by 3. Miami lost to FSU by 4 points and Florida lost to FSU by 5. Wrecked. Not to mention, Duke Johnson and Brad Kaaya is enough offense to beat the gayters.

2015: Florida. I know Florida got smoked by FSU but I'll give em credit for beating a Georgia (10-3) and #3 Ole Miss (10-3).. plus they went to the SECCG.. so I'll give 'em points for that.. and We lost to f**king Cincy by 11.. plus Al Golden and Mark D'Onofrio only got worse after 2013. That is all.

2016: Kaaya would just need to put up 10-17 points and we would win especially with the MUCH improved defense.

2019: Beat'em :Cool:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty accurate imo. That '08 Miami team had a bunch of freshman on the field and still kept it close until the 4th.

giphy (9).gif

I say we beat them in 99 if we played them after Dorsey took over at the end of the year. He really took control of that O that had been sputtering so badly with Kelly.

Advertisement
I say we beat them in 99 if we played them after Dorsey took over at the end of the year. He really took control of that O that had been sputtering so badly with Kelly.

That 99 team boy..... If only they were able to finish games they would have been so dope.... Saying that, we scrap them too

Enjoyed this post!

UM: Home with the Turds/Away with the Holes in odd years + Home with the Holes/Away with the Turds in even years.

The "Big 3" should play each other EVERY YEAR.

It's great for college football in our state.

Advertisement
@gayturdhater Exactly. The gators historically fold if you hit them in the mouth. They have never gone undefeated for a reason and don't give me that sec crap.The canes may not have been elite every year but we have always been a team that will hit somebody in the mouth. I think the 99 team would beat the gators.

I'm not sure we beat them in '93, but I like the list. It was in the OB, and we would have had to win for the Streak, but that was not a great Miami team, and it was a better UF team.

Trying to be unbiased.. Trying to be fair. What do y'all think?

88: UM
89: UM
90: UM
91: UM
92: UM
93: UM
94: UM

95: UF
96: UF
97: UF
98: UF
99: UF
00: UM
01: UM
02: UM
03: UM
04: UM
05: UM

06: UF
07: UF
08: UF
09: UF
10: UF
11: UM
12: UF
13: UM
14: UM
15: UF
16: UM

Notice a Trend here they are only good when we are down by sanctions or some BS. Then they sliver through the back door and gain a little glory like the spineless snakes that they are. The only thing that cane stop the Hurricanes is the NCAA Sanctions and I'm glad it's over so we can get back to dominating. Hopefully with the Pastor we won't see any trouble any time soon and sustain our dominance to show Bama who really rules college football.

Last edited:

Yep. I did a cursory glance at the OP's list to see if there were any glaring slights to Miami and that '99 team was the only one that I could really make a case for- and even then you'd still have to actually make a case. The rest of his list is pretty good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back