Slimmed down Shaq Quarterman ready to roll

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
ShaqQ.jpg

Sophomore linebacker Shaq Quarterman was a freshman all-American last season and became a leader on Miami's defense in a hurry. This offseason, Quarterman has made a big change to his body in a move he knows is necessary in today's era of spread offenses in college football.

Quarterman revealed today that he is currently sitting around 235 pounds after playing his entire freshman season at 250. He said that the number one thing it will help him with is "playing endurance".

"I knew a lot of the things that Coach Diaz wanted me to do, but fatigue is a real cancer when you're trying to play this game and play a lot of snaps so the fact that I lost all this weight and I'm still building this football endurance, I'm really excited about that," Quarterman said.

Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz says that Quarterman's weight loss is just an example of the mentality he carries throughout the locker room.

"That was a self-evaluation. I think he felt when he watched himself last year, at times I think he felt that he was sluggish. Those guys all understood what the season was like -- you look at October when we played 3 games in 12 days and they realized that probably shedding the high school mentality where size and weight mean everything, to understanding the college mentality where quickness, change of direction, speed, power is really what the games about," Diaz said.

Attachments

• ShaqQ.jpg
    ShaqQ.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 982
Advertisement
Will go down as one of the GOATs to ever lace em up here. So polished...just awareness and maturity beyond his years. [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]

View attachment 48208

"I knew a lot of the things that Coach Diaz wanted me to do, but fatigue is a real cancer when you're trying to play this game and play a lot of snaps so the fact that I lost all this weight and I'm still building this football endurance, I'm really excited about that," Quarterman said.

jimmy johnson explained this well. he said that if you were fatigued in the fourth quarter, you were a coward. a g@ddam coward

Advertisement
There are NFL linebackers that aren't 235lbs... he's still big enough to bring pain to ball carriers.

Since he got here I always thought he should of slimmed down......good that he saw that and he did it. Now u will seem him hit his true ceiling, he will ball out and be faster

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 48208

jimmy johnson explained this well. he said that if you were fatigued in the fourth quarter, you were a coward. a g@ddam coward

Al Golden said, the fatter, the better

Advertisement
Back