Skai Moore partial senior year highlights

Larry

All-American
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh9_ziSa2kY

Can someone give this kid a **** scholarship offer already.

I mean...he covers a lot of vital traits needed at this University.

-His name is SKAI
-He can play.
-And as long as ol boy cuts down on the smilin', he should be alright.

More of this...

3.jpg

Less of this...

4.jpg

Advertisement
Kid just looks like a football player. We need that.

At the same time I think it shows just how strong this class is going to be. I hope we have room.

not bad, but we need that scholly for a D-lineman. LB is already full with Thomas and Grace being targeted (he would be a nice backup plan if we can't get Thomas though).

I could watch highlights like these all day. I'm not even sure if I like Grace better than this kid anymore...we gotta offer him. The staff can't preach the importance of football IQ, instincts, core values, and assignment football, and then neglect offering this kid. He fits the system perfectly, like Jimmy Gaines with actual ability.

I could watch highlights like these all day. I'm not even sure if I like Grace better than this kid anymore...we gotta offer him. The staff can't preach the importance of football IQ, instincts, core values, and assignment football, and then neglect offering this kid. He fits the system perfectly, like Jimmy Gaines with actual ability.

my thoughts exactly. What can they point to as a reason not to offer, alot of the default excuses dont apply to this kid. grades or "character issues"? No. kid is a football player with good measurables and he test very well and he has been productive all year long while playing at an up and coming power school that we need to make a big presence in. Kid fits in with everything we look for, yet has no offer. smh

Advertisement

my thoughts exactly. What can they point to as a reason not to offer, alot of the default excuses dont apply to this kid. grades or "character issues"? No. kid is a football player with good measurables and he test very well and he has been productive all year long while playing at an up and coming power school that we need to make a big presence in. Kid fits in with everything we look for, yet has no offer. smh

Might not be any room.

Advertisement

Might not be any room.

Don't get me started on this one either. If I do this'll either turn into an RL3 thread or a "which JAGs get the boot" thread.

You make room for Moore. There are other kids that I'd like to have in this class but Moore is the only one that absolutely needs to be in this class. His teammate Cunningham would be next on the list if possible.

Might not be any room.

Don't get me started on this one either. If I do this'll either turn into an RL3 thread or a "which JAGs get the boot" thread.

You make room for Moore. There are other kids that I'd like to have in this class but Moore is the only one that absolutely needs to be in this class. His teammate Cunningham would be next on the list if possible.

Are you suggesting that we target Moore over Grace, Or should target all 3 (Thomas, Grace, and Moore) and give up a spot for a d-lineman?

I hope its not the latter...

Are you suggesting that we target Moore over Grace, Or should target all 3 (Thomas, Grace, and Moore) and give up a spot for a d-lineman?

The latter, unless a talented DT not named Bostwick or Bryant comes knocking on the door. You don't pass up a top local talent at a pipeline school just to get a body at another position. We need to recruit difference-makers rather than just filling holes and hoping for the best.

The latter, unless a talented DT not named Bostwick or Bryant comes knocking on the door. You don't pass up a top local talent at a pipeline school just to get a body at another position. We need to recruit difference-makers rather than just filling holes and hoping for the best.

I'm with this. You don't have to give up a spot on the DL. Cut a JAG. ANY jag.

Advertisement

I guess you must want our defense to remain around 116th in the country. Having some depth at LB is nice and all, but it won't mean a thing unless we get a pass rushing DL or 2 (preferably one from Juco). Unless Skai Moore can play with one hand on the ground and beat his man repeatedly.....PASS.

I guess you must want our defense to remain around 116th in the country. Having some depth at LB is nice and all, but it won't mean a thing unless we get a pass rushing DL or 2 (preferably one from Juco). Unless Skai Moore can play with one hand on the ground and beat his man repeatedly.....PASS.

Yes, what brilliant logic. I have 362 posts under the name CaneLB (hint: LB is for linebacker) and I want the Canes defense to suck. Glad someone made that connection.

Depth at LB is a pretty big deal. Almost every one of our LBs has been injured at some point this year, and almost every week has been a different starting lineup. Looking ahead to a 3-4 we'll have 4 LB spots to fill so we'll need at least 6 quality guys that can get significant minutes. This is our situation:

OLB - Thomas, McCord
ILB - Kirby, Blue
ILB - Perryman (2 years), Johnson?
OLB - Johnson, Grace, Terry Armbrister

So looking ahead to 3 years from now we'll be 1 injury away from starting an Armbrister, Terry or Blue. Is that a situation we want to be in? Moore (and Grace) can be brought in and redshirted, providing depth for a couple years before the starting role is theirs. This is how top college programs restock talent and stay a regular contender. If we pass up on great local talent to get a short-term fix of middle-range JUCO DL (we're not in good shape with any studs) well be mortgaging the future to try to win right away with a team that isn't there yet.

I think you're badly overrating the importance of JUCOs. The top guys like JPP or Bruce Irvin come in and fix a pass rush immediately, but most of them are your run-of-the-mill average starters/bodies like Darius Smith. We will fix the pass rush by recruiting elite talent like Matthew Thomas and developing that talent. The scheme will also open up more as more guys get experience. Here's the harsh reality check though: unless McCord has a monster Soph season we will not have any one consistent pass rusher. JUCOs won't change that one bit, unless we shock the world and steal a Toby Johnson or something. I like that Bond kid, for example, and think he'd be a solid contributor, but you recruit guys like that to fill a gap in depth that was created by poor recruiting/attrition from years prior. Sacrificing the future to load up on JUCOs will create more of those gaps, because the JUCOs graduate and you're left with no one.

I guess you must want us to be like Kansas and remain at the bottom of the country, constantly changing coaches and recruiting JUCOs to add bodies and fill needs.

Yes, what brilliant logic. I have 362 posts under the name CaneLB (hint: LB is for linebacker) and I want the Canes defense to suck. Glad someone made that connection.

Depth at LB is a pretty big deal. Almost every one of our LBs has been injured at some point this year, and almost every week has been a different starting lineup. Looking ahead to a 3-4 we'll have 4 LB spots to fill so we'll need at least 6 quality guys that can get significant minutes. This is our situation:

OLB - Thomas, McCord
ILB - Kirby, Blue
ILB - Perryman (2 years), Johnson?
OLB - Johnson, Grace, Terry Armbrister

So looking ahead to 3 years from now we'll be 1 injury away from starting an Armbrister, Terry or Blue. Is that a situation we want to be in? Moore (and Grace) can be brought in and redshirted, providing depth for a couple years before the starting role is theirs. This is how top college programs restock talent and stay a regular contender. If we pass up on great local talent to get a short-term fix of middle-range JUCO DL (we're not in good shape with any studs) well be mortgaging the future to try to win right away with a team that isn't there yet.

I think you're badly overrating the importance of JUCOs. The top guys like JPP or Bruce Irvin come in and fix a pass rush immediately, but most of them are your run-of-the-mill average starters/bodies like Darius Smith. We will fix the pass rush by recruiting elite talent like Matthew Thomas and developing that talent. The scheme will also open up more as more guys get experience. Here's the harsh reality check though: unless McCord has a monster Soph season we will not have any one consistent pass rusher. JUCOs won't change that one bit, unless we shock the world and steal a Toby Johnson or something. I like that Bond kid, for example, and think he'd be a solid contributor, but you recruit guys like that to fill a gap in depth that was created by poor recruiting/attrition from years prior. Sacrificing the future to load up on JUCOs will create more of those gaps, because the JUCOs graduate and you're left with no one.

I guess you must want us to be like Kansas and remain at the bottom of the country, constantly changing coaches and recruiting JUCOs to add bodies and fill needs.

DL is a greater need than LB for us right now. end of story. Anyone that can't see that....well, I just don't know what to say. Whether you like it or not...JUCO guys have a much better chance of contributing right away than a Freshmen does....to say a quality JUCO can't improve our non-existant pass rush is crazy lol. Not everyone is Darius Smith...there are guys out there that can help.

We have limited numbers this year, and need a balanced class, but still need to build up our weakest unit which is clearly DL. We simply do not have the luxury to bring in 3 LBs imo.... Take Thomas and Grace or Moore now, and load up again in 2014. Getting a pass rush is our greatest need.

Advertisement

Agree, he already looked more comfortable in pass protection than the LB's we have on our roster now.

Advertisement
Back