Sitting through the 2015 season is going to be very taxing

kperez4446

Sophomore
Its a wasted year for the program the players etc. And 2016 will be a learning curve for the new coach so realistically we are looking at 2017 as the year SMH :(

Advertisement
Don't sit through it, don't support them...and more than anything don't you dare pay for a ticket.

It's time to boycott these incompetent *****.

my advice is to check out from UM football.

I partially did that this year, training for an endurance event. I still watched most of the games, and posted here. But having a challenging distraction makes it much easier.

And given that next year is going to be far worse than this year with the loss of talent, checking out entirely (ie not watching the games on tv) is probably the best move you can make.

You'll know by mid-2015 whether this program has any hope of being legitimate again. It hinges on the next President. But from where I stand, I wouldn't wager a dime on this team competing for a NC ever again. I think we're done.

Advertisement
Strap in fellas.

We are about to see lows and toxicity that his program has never seen before. Not even in the 70's.

What will be the most sad is that everyone else will simply see a bad team playing in 2015, but we here will know that the 2015 season will have dramatically bad implications for 2016, 2017 & perhaps even 2018. Quality college football programs are built by taking the stairs up but can be destroyed by taking the elevator down.

What will be the most sad is that everyone else will simply see a bad team playing in 2015, but we here will know that the 2015 season will have dramatically bad implications for 2016, 2017 & perhaps even 2018. Quality college football programs are built by taking the stairs up but can be destroyed by taking the elevator down.

Been saying this for 2 years now since I started calling for Golden's head.

In today's college football carrying an incompetent staff resonates 3-5 years down the road when you factor in the total package of duties and responsibilities. We're ****ed the longer these morons keep delaying the inevitable.

As of right now, my goal for 2015 is to not watch a single Canes game.

At least I still have the Bucs. smiley-killing-himself.gif

Advertisement
As I've stated a few times in other posts, my emotional investment in the Canes is almost nil at this point. I'm not stressed about next year because I already know it'll suck.

Life goes on.

Its a wasted year for the program the players etc. And 2016 will be a learning curve for the new coach so realistically we are looking at 2017 as the year SMH :(

2017 is the year for what exactly?

Winning the division? Winning a bowl game? Beating FSU?

I beg to differ.

Saturdays for the foreseeable future are now wide open to enjoy real college football and spending time doing anything else other than lamenting the pathetic state of this program. There is not one iota of a good reason to invest any time or emotions to an Al Golden led football team.

It's time to move on at least until golden is fired. But the new president will tell you all you need to know about whether this program will ever be good again. I wouldn't bet on it though. I think we've seen the best of this program. It will eventually settle with some middle of the road coach that pulls 8 or 9 wins a season. Eventually the die hards will throw in the towel.

I assume this is what one time great programs like Pitt and others went through. Now it's our turn. Sad but gotta accept it

Advertisement
It's time to move on at least until golden is fired. But the new president will tell you all you need to know about whether this program will ever be good again. I wouldn't bet on it though. I think we've seen the best of this program. It will eventually settle with some middle of the road coach that pulls 8 or 9 wins a season. Eventually the die hards will throw in the towel.

I assume this is what one time great programs like Pitt and others went through. Now it's our turn. Sad but gotta accept it

Pitt isn't sitting on first round high schools. An average coach and we average 10 wins.

I'll temporarily adopt Michigan as a "2nd favorite team" and follow them next year if Golden is brought back....if nothing else it provides an opportunity to root against OSU even more than I already do.

I'd still technically be rooting for "UM"

I'll temporarily adopt Michigan as a "2nd favorite team" and follow them next year if Golden is brought back....if nothing else it provides an opportunity to root against OSU even more than I already do.

I'd still technically be rooting for "UM"

That's my plan, as well.

I've always liked them and found myself rooting for them, and they are bitter enemies of Ohio Taint.

Advertisement
Sucks, I can't root for or follow any other team. My dumb *** will still watch, but wins or losses have almost no effect on me at this point. I have become numb to the pain

Every year for the past decade has been a new bottom of the barrel. What we've learned from this administration is that if you lift up the barrel.......

Well, I'm getting tired of college football anyway. I learned to live without the NFL years ago; now I only care about my Canes. Maybe I will now focus on my true love - gambling. Got little extra cash from not getting those six season tickets, but that isn't that much. Will not need to pay grandkids tuition at Miami now, however, and that is enough for long, long, long vacation in Vegas. Can't think of any other school I would be happy about them attending so what the heck. All in all, maybe this is a good thing.

I'll root for Memphis and Louisiana Lafayette to go undefeated, so that Justin Fuente and Mark Hudspeth can be more legitimate in their candidacy to replace Al Golden after next season ...

Advertisement
Back