Since we know AG is locked in...

bambam

Freshman
.....next season, and hopeful it is his last, and with the recent changes on the coaching carousel let revisit who you would like to have as the next coach (not named Butch Davis). I'm not in love the BD idea but I don't hate it either, I just feel the admin will not go down that road. Also, whether the funds are available or not I don't feel they will pay upwards of 5mil annual salary for a coach. So, within those parameters who do you like.

My thought is DJ Durkin. He said he hope that his pairing with Harbaugh is his last coordinator job so he is hoping for a HC opportunity next. I like that he has spent time with winning coaches and was a major contributor to there success.

Remember, no BD, and no big money name as I don't think we need that. It's Friday guys.......what do you have!

Advertisement
This is my first post on this site but I've been on here for a few months now. If I was to choose an 'up and coming' type coach I would go for Mark Hudspeth out of University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Lane Kiffin i know everyone is going to be kicking my face in by me saying that but i think the will have a Chip on his shoulder to prove his self to all the haters and i think him coaching with Nick this two years have humble him and has giving him the blue print on how to be a Head Coach and how to deal with the media the guy has that Miami swagger to him

Advertisement
I think Orgeron could be poached easily since he is just a DLine coach, also Fuente from Memphis, and lastly Frost from Oregon (though not sure how much he costs)

I have two options that I think could be very successful and give us enough room to pay our assistant coaches a decent salary. We can promote "ICE" who is a person that is very well liked and respected in the community. Now head coaches take on more of a CEO roll and no fits that bill better than ICE. The other option is Mario Cristobal, yeah I know he didnt do to well at FIU. But I think being under Nick Saban and learning how to win is huge, and I think he can bring that type of atmosphere and passion back into the program.

Just my $0.02 feel free to neg away

Advertisement
I think Orgeron is exactly what this team needs... did a nice job as interim coach at USC, he has learned from his mistakes as Head Coach at Ole Miss.. He's a Great Recruiter and kids love to play for him

I think Orgeron could be poached easily since he is just a DLine coach, also Fuente from Memphis, and lastly Frost from Oregon (though not sure how much he costs)

I have two options that I think could be very successful and give us enough room to pay our assistant coaches a decent salary. We can promote "ICE" who is a person that is very well liked and respected in the community. Now head coaches take on more of a CEO roll and no fits that bill better than ICE. The other option is Mario Cristobal, yeah I know he didnt do to well at FIU. But I think being under Nick Saban and learning how to win is huge, and I think he can bring that type of atmosphere and passion back into the program.

Just my $0.02 feel free to neg away

This is beyond absurd. Even putting aside the obvious shortcomings in the resume of a 2-year removed high schol coach to lead a D1 program, what kind of staff do you think he could hire? Why would a qualified coach sign on to coach under someone who is under qualified?

I think Orgeron is exactly what this team needs... did a nice job as interim coach at USC, he has learned from his mistakes as Head Coach at Ole Miss.. He's a Great Recruiter and kids love to play for him

Thats why I mentioned him first I like him alot. I also like how he told USC to kick rocks when he went in as Interim coach and put in work and did well and they hired Shark. I hope when our spot opens up he is in the mix. I would take any of the 3 I mentioned though to me they are all a HUGE upgrade.

Advertisement
Anyone the administration does NOT want, except Larry and Randy. Like him or not Butch is the one mostly likely to save us and the cheapest too. How many of his assistants ended up as HCs and or in NFL. I do believe one is coaching this weekend as NFL HC. We need a hard old Cane, not a soft one like Randy. Randy was way to nice and gentle. Players need to have some actual fear of HC, and I don't mean fear of being benched. I mean fear of getting a butt whipping. Fear is a great motivator when combined with winning. Assistants can be nice if they want. Head man anywhere needs to be hard, someone you do not want to be sent to.

Such a hot HC candidate that he ran out of money waiting for another HC gig and had to go back to being a DL coach. Couldn't even get a DC gig. LULZ

Lane Kiffin i know everyone is going to be kicking my face in by me saying that but i think the will have a Chip on his shoulder to prove his self to all the haters and i think him coaching with Nick this two years have humble him and has giving him the blue print on how to be a Head Coach and how to deal with the media the guy has that Miami swagger to him

I actually like that choice. I think coaches steal and borrow from other coaches, not by just going for a few weeks to observe their program, but by coaching under great coaches. i would hope by this time next year, Kiffin would have taken a few cues from Saban on how to carry himself and how to handle a program with a fanbase that is not used to being down. I would love this hire actually. He should have a ton of SEC defensive coaches on stanby to bring them down to the 305 to recruit too!

Advertisement
Hudspeth. Narduzzi. But Butch is the only choice in my book.

This...if we can't have BD and we are going on the cheap (like you know we will) I would like Hudspeth but don't know how he would be in bringing in the Miami kids. His players love him and he is full of fire and vinegar. Great motivator. No Cristobal, give me Kiffin before Crristobal.

The problem I have with Kiffin is he will always have one foot out the door, looking for the next gig. The problem I have with Butch (though my favorite choice) is that he is getting up there in age and won't be coaching for too much longer (making us rely on the administration to make another good hire). The problem I have with Ogeron is he seems to be like a good backup qb that, in spot duty, will do great but when he's the man, falls on his face. I don't like Frost because of the spread. If I could have anyone, it would be someone like Gary Patterson (pipe dream I know). Someone who is aggressive, has a perpetual chip on his shoulder, and not looking to jump to the next opportunity.

Kiffin is Neuheisel reincarnated.

Can recruit, but never won anything of significance, and is really sleezy.

The problem I have with Kiffin is he will always have one foot out the door, looking for the next gig. The problem I have with Butch (though my favorite choice) is that he is getting up there in age and won't be coaching for too much longer (making us rely on the administration to make another good hire). The problem I have with Ogeron is he seems to be like a good backup qb that, in spot duty, will do great but when he's the man, falls on his face. I don't like Frost because of the spread. If I could have anyone, it would be someone like Gary Patterson (pipe dream I know). Someone who is aggressive, has a perpetual chip on his shoulder, and not looking to jump to the next opportunity.

....and that's exactly why he is not a realistic choice. I do however, like your synopsis LK and BD. That's why I like DJD. Durkin is 37 yrs old and can recruit. More importantly he can recruit SF. Don't be surprised if we loose 2016 LB Quarterman to Durkin/Michigan if he stays there.

Advertisement
Back