Since we in a copycat league...

We tried a couple WR screens early against Clemson but they got blown up and we abandoned it. Pitt is no doubt going to try to compy Clemson's game plan but they don't have the corners to be as successful. We'll see if Lashlee has something up his sleeve to counter.

Advertisement
For the same reason they got their first chance? Because they're better (sadly) than anyone else we have at the moment?

Who you wanna see out there? Freshmen who had no spring and a very disjointed summer program? You think Keyshawn Smith was gonna go body Andrew Booth last week? What normal people should be expecting is a little more playing time for the younger kids. I think that 8, 6, and 3 have been so average that you would be doing your team a disservice if you didn't at least give the younger kids a few more snaps. But if you think you're gonna go START true freshmen on the outside in a new offense after no spring and basically no camp, and they're just gonna go roast ACC DBs, I really don't know what to tell you. I don't think that's giving your team its best chance to win.

Pitt's DBs are nowhere near Clemson's. Give the young bucks some burn, certainly. But if 8, 6, and 3 literally can't even start on this team, we're in for a LONG year on offense.
Here is the issue. Fall camp included we have been playing football for 2 months. 4 actual games with a bye week in between. So our staff can’t get the freshman receivers ready to play in that amount of time?

Am shooketh and half mope after Clemson yet again. 15 years worth almost sloughed off... kinda expecting a 17, 18, 19 redux. Back to thinking WF and maybe GT are our only "easies." Hope to be re-wooed by LashKing. LEGGO!

Advertisement
For the same reason they got their first chance? Because they're better (sadly) than anyone else we have at the moment?

Who you wanna see out there? Freshmen who had no spring and a very disjointed summer program? You think Keyshawn Smith was gonna go body Andrew Booth last week? What normal people should be expecting is a little more playing time for the younger kids. I think that 8, 6, and 3 have been so average that you would be doing your team a disservice if you didn't at least give the younger kids a few more snaps. But if you think you're gonna go START true freshmen on the outside in a new offense after no spring and basically no camp, and they're just gonna go roast ACC DBs, I really don't know what to tell you. I don't think that's giving your team its best chance to win.

Pitt's DBs are nowhere near Clemson's. Give the young bucks some burn, certainly. But if 8, 6, and 3 literally can't even start on this team, we're in for a LONG year on offense.
If wr production will decide our year, We’re in for long year on offense.

Narduzzi has been running 4-3 over cover-4 since his time at Mich State. I haven't watched much Pitt tape this year but i would guess he's still running it.

Pitt shut down Louisville's run game to nothing outside that one 75 yard dart by Hawkins. I am expecting running to be very difficult. King will need to beat Pitt through the air and with scrambles.

I get that, but I did not mention giving up on Wiggins. I'm just saying those three cannot be on the field at the same time anymore because they've proven they can't get open. Maybe they will this weekend, I certainly hope so because that would result in us moving the ball and scoring points. But where does it stop? Why reward mediocrity without giving the younger guys more snaps to at least see if they can get open at a higher clip than the vets?

I should have rephrased my statement to - if Pope and Harley (and Wiggins to an extent, but he's slightly ahead of the other two) continue to receive a majority of the snaps while underperforming, then Manny is a joke.
Wiggins is actually on the same level if not worse than Pope & Harley.

He's 6'3 195lbs with legit 4.4 speed & gets bullied even more than the other two at the top of his routes, he literally had 2 TD's taken away from him in the end zone vs Clemson & he also has bad drops just like the other two.

He's bigger & faster than the other two, he doesn't have any excuses for why he's underperformed so much.

Lashlee used screens. Get the ball out quickly to the TEs in the slot and actually use guys like Keyshawn and Redding instead of Harley/Pope and they won’t match up.

Advertisement
Wiggins is actually on the same level if not worse than Pope & Harley.

He's 6'3 195lbs with legit 4.4 speed & gets bullied even more than the other two at the top of his routes, he literally had 2 TD's taken away from him in the end zone vs Clemson & he also has bad drops just like the other two.

He's bigger & faster than the other two, he doesn't have any excuses for why he's underperformed so much.
All 3 of Wiggins, Pope and Harley are just physically weak. I’m not being mean, but 185 lbs at 6’3” is nothing. And all 3 look like they have not put on much if any good weight since arriving. Their frames are slight. No surprise that skinny kids get pushed around.
****, I think Redding maybe the strongest receiver on the team.

We tried a couple WR screens early against Clemson but they got blown up and we abandoned it. Pitt is no doubt going to try to compy Clemson's game plan but they don't have the corners to be as successful. We'll see if Lashlee has something up his sleeve to counter.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with the weight of Wiggins / Pope / Harley.

It's about hands and attitude at WR. You saw it with Thomas last year, when he got bullied in the endzone against Florida - a good player catches that pass. You've seen it multiple times this year for the aforementioned trio, but notably against Clemson.

They're big enough - they just don't have the hands / attitude to go and snatch the ball. Wiggins I had reasonably high hopes for, but he's clearly an athlete playing WR at this point.

Advertisement

Im still waiting on a pump and go

just got a feeling, i really hope im wrong, but clemson really put it on them boys. and showed were still not on that level yet
Feelings are overrated. We were down 10 after imploding the entire first half...

I think Clemson really put it to you.

Advertisement
Back