Since we in a copycat league...

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
We all know Pitt is going to be running that def just like clemson did blitzing all game. So I hope lashee has some running back screens to get them boys going and some Wr screens to stretches these guys out. And maybe try Pope are Harley at some wildcat get them the ball so they won't have to try n catch it more than 5yards down the field. Def going to be weird bc we get players coming back at different times of the games. Hopefully they lock down and stay focused. Bc some plays just weren't smart.

Advertisement
We all know Pitt is going to be running that def just like clemson did blitzing all game. So I hope lashee has some running back screens to get them boys going and some Wr screens to stretches these guys out. And maybe try Pope are Harley at some wildcat get them the ball so they won't have to try n catch it more than 5yards down the field. Def going to be weird bc we get players coming back at different times of the games. Hopefully they lock down and stay focused. Bc some plays just weren't smart.
Miami knows whats coming. Now can Pitt disguise their plan enough to confuse Miami's offense. Pitt will show one look but bring the heat from somewhere else. King and the play calling will be huge. Good news Pitt is not Clemson. King has to hit the opens throws and maybe the receivers actually catch the ball.

Advertisement
I mean we're going to see it there's no doubt in my mind, but I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on why they should get another chance

For the same reason they got their first chance? Because they're better (sadly) than anyone else we have at the moment?

Who you wanna see out there? Freshmen who had no spring and a very disjointed summer program? You think Keyshawn Smith was gonna go body Andrew Booth last week? What normal people should be expecting is a little more playing time for the younger kids. I think that 8, 6, and 3 have been so average that you would be doing your team a disservice if you didn't at least give the younger kids a few more snaps. But if you think you're gonna go START true freshmen on the outside in a new offense after no spring and basically no camp, and they're just gonna go roast ACC DBs, I really don't know what to tell you. I don't think that's giving your team its best chance to win.

Pitt's DBs are nowhere near Clemson's. Give the young bucks some burn, certainly. But if 8, 6, and 3 literally can't even start on this team, we're in for a LONG year on offense.

Advertisement
For the same reason they got their first chance? Because they're better (sadly) than anyone else we have at the moment?

Who you wanna see out there? Freshmen who had no spring and a very disjointed summer program? You think Keyshawn Smith was gonna go body Andrew Booth last week? What normal people should be expecting is a little more playing time for the younger kids. I think that 8, 6, and 3 have been so average that you would be doing your team a disservice if you didn't at least give the younger kids a few more snaps. But if you think you're gonna go START true freshmen on the outside in a new offense after no spring and basically no camp, and they're just gonna go roast ACC DBs, I really don't know what to tell you. I don't think that's giving your team its best chance to win.

Pitt's DBs are nowhere near Clemson's. Give the young bucks some burn, certainly. But if 8, 6, and 3 literally can't even start on this team, we're in for a LONG year on offense.

I get that, but I did not mention giving up on Wiggins. I'm just saying those three cannot be on the field at the same time anymore because they've proven they can't get open. Maybe they will this weekend, I certainly hope so because that would result in us moving the ball and scoring points. But where does it stop? Why reward mediocrity without giving the younger guys more snaps to at least see if they can get open at a higher clip than the vets?

I should have rephrased my statement to - if Pope and Harley (and Wiggins to an extent, but he's slightly ahead of the other two) continue to receive a majority of the snaps while underperforming, then Manny is a joke.

Advertisement
Agreed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back