Since Richt isn't resigning as OC

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
We're gonna have to stack the offense. He needs:

--A QB who can play under center, and also be a threat to keep on the RPOs out of the gun.

--Some hogs up front. Darling needs to move inside the second Donaldson steps on campus.

--A gamebreaker at tailback. We need someone who can get yards after contact, and also take it to the house when there's a crease. Walton and Yearby can't run through arm tackles and fall forward, and they don't have long speed. Can't believe Yearby got walked down by a DB who didn't even have the angle.

Advertisement
Sadly, with this archaic prostyle even if we DID have a loaded roster, the top tier teams like Bama are built to stop this type of offense. Ask Arkansas, and UGA when they even had there best yrs

--A QB who can play under center, and also be a threat to keep on the RPOs out of the gun.

--Some hogs up front. Darling needs to move inside the second Donaldson steps on campus.

--A gamebreaker at tailback. We need someone who can get yards after contact, and also take it to the house when there's a crease. Walton and Yearby can't run through arm tackles and fall forward, and they don't have long speed. Can't believe Yearby got walked down by a DB who didn't even have the angle.

So basically give me the best players and I will be the best play caller? That doesn't speak highly of Richt's play calling ability. Hello Larry Coker!

Last edited:

So basically give me the best players and I will be the best play caller? That doesn't speak highly of Richt's play calling ability.

That's exactly my point.

Advertisement
Exactly why I hate this type of offense. You basically need an OL stacked with NFL talent for it to work. We have not had a great OL since the early 2000's.

Either Richt pulls his head out of his **** or he goes the way of Golden and Dorito. People will fly banners over his sunday mass if needed.

Running a phone booth offense and relying on having a pro-bowl roster is not a legit way to run a program in 2016 at Miami. He's not going to recruit anyone elite if his teams don't perform well. This isn't 1995 where the U is the hottest brand in football regardless of our record. This is why we needed a coach who can win 10-11 games without fifty five star kids. Richt ain't that guy.

Advertisement
What can we do? Richt is gonna be here for a VERY VERY VERY long time. You think they we're stubborn about getting rid of Golden? Haha this will be 10x worse. He's here 5+ years NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

Advertisement

So basically give me the best players and I will be the best play caller? That doesn't speak highly of Richt's play calling ability.

That's exactly my point.
Might as well have hired Butch.

Hiring these coaches that need a massive talent advantage is terrible. Just once I'd like us to get a coach that can do more with less

Advertisement
The style of football is not the problem.

He is predictable as ****. There is absolutely no creativity.

OP.... stop...... just stop

Move away from the keyboard and go to sleep

Stop what?

This offense stinks and it's not all Kaaya and the OL (both of which have been bad).

So u want a great QB, and great ol, and a great RB....to be great ?

Bro, this is where we are.

Richt is gonna be here for a while, and he's probably not gonna step down as OC.

We either have to hope he gets better, or he stacks the roster.

OP.... stop...... just stop

Move away from the keyboard and go to sleep

Stop what?

This offense stinks and it's not all Kaaya and the OL (both of which have been bad).

So u want a great QB, and great ol, and a great RB....to be great ?

What do you suppose we do Vern? Just stop being fans? You act like there's something we can do. They arent firing Richt for at least 5 years. At the very least.

Advertisement
Back