Since MD is coming back for one more season, here's how he fixes it.

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I've already put it out there multiple times that I think Mario is the Cuban Butch and we should back the Brinks truck to his garage and bring him in after the bowls, but since that's not happening...

Here are the things he needs to do in order to not get fired a year from now:
  • Be as ruthless this offseason with his own hires as he was with Richt's. This means most of the guys he hired (starting with Enos) is gone. Consistency in a staff is only an asset if they're good. Most should lose their jobs. Surprisingly, I'm not sure Butch (young OL coach, not you know who...) should lose his job. I saw the OL get better and then regress, but I feel like the regression was directly Enos related. Anyway, he can't be precious with his hirings this offseason. He blew it this offseason with his staff. Time to fix his mistakes.
  • Manny MUST take over the D in a real and day to day way. He has no margin for error this coming season. He can't afford to **** away even one loss as he continues to "figure out his staff's strengths and weaknesses." He must definitively and without ambiguity officially and in all other ways take over the DC duties.
  • He needs to hire a real ST's coach and make that a priority.
  • He needs to bring in as many 1-2 year quality OL from the portal as he can. We need it.
  • Assuming DJ is going pro, he needs to make sure Lingard doesn't transfer out and he needs to really use him this coming year.
  • He should put a moratorium on celebratory jewelry until we are at least bowl eligible. I'm not suggesting (as some have) that we get rid of the TO chain and TD rings all together, but those things need to be earned and until our team shows that it deserves to do sideline celebrations, we should cool it for a while, and then bring them out once we show we deserve such things. Heck, we used to shave our freshmen's heads back in the day just to communicate that they ain't nuthin' yet and need to earn their keep. Bring back that mentality (don't care about the actual shaving thing).
  • He might want to lead with Matouche(Sp?) and Van Dyke next year. Kosi has proven that he doesn't really have it to be the every down, every game guy and Jarren is a head case. We cannot afford to just have Jarren "lose it" a couple games a year. Start fresh and build from the ground up. True frosh QB's is the norm now.
  • The Spread or Pro set? Here's the bottom line, we need to run a scheme that doesn't require all-pro blocking in order for it to work. We're 12 games into the season with an obviously **** poor OL and we're STILL doing 7 step drop backs. We should throw the ball quickly, roll the pocket, etc. We need an OC who will recognize our strengths and weaknesses and then devise an attacking scheme with those things in mind.
  • IF Jeff Thomas comes back next year, we HAVE to feature him. According to one report, he dropped zero balls this season. We need to feature our game breakers.
  • We need to figure out which one of our backs is like DJ (assuming he turns pro) and can run the wildcat well. Then RUN THE WILDCAT more often! Also, I actually like it when a school calls the wildcat some variation of that school's mascot (VT calls it the Wild Turkey, etc.). More times than not, the wildcat is successful for us, but we barely use it.
  • Finally, NO MORE 3 man fronts on 3rd and long!!!!! I'm so sick of this! In theory, it gives us an extra man or two in coverage, but in reality, that isn't how it works out. Guys are still getting wide open and embarrassingly so! ALWAYS send at least 4 guys, if not more, on 3rd and long. Can't remember for sure, but I think on the infamous 4th and 17 against UNC, we were also rushing 3. A Canes D should ALWAYS be making the QB uncomfortable. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!
Thoughts?

Advertisement
I've already put it out there multiple times that I think Mario is the Cuban Butch and we should back the Brinks truck to his garage and bring him in after the bowls, but since that's not happening...

• Be as ruthless this offseason with his own hires as he was with Richt's. This means most of the guys he hired (starting with Enos) is gone. Consistency in a staff is only an asset if they're good. Most should lose their jobs. Surprisingly, I'm not sure Butch (young OL coach, not you know who...) should lose his job. I saw the OL get better and then regress, but I feel like the regression was directly Enos related. Anyway, he can't be precious with his hirings this offseason. He blew it this offseason with his staff. Time to fix his mistakes.
  • Manny MUST take over the D in a real and day to day way. He has no margin for error this coming season. He can't afford to **** away even one loss as he continues to "figure out his staff's strengths and weaknesses." He must definitively and without ambiguity officially and in all other ways take over the DC duties.
  • He needs to bring in as many 1-2 year quality OL from the portal as he can. We need it.
  • Assuming DJ is going pro, he needs to make sure Lingard doesn't transfer out and he needs to really use him this coming year.
  • He should put a moratorium on celebratory jewelry until we are at least bowl eligible. I'm not suggesting (as some have) that we get rid of the TO chain and TD rings all together, but those things need to be earned and until our team shows that it deserves to do sideline celebrations, we should cool it for a while, and then bring them out once we show we deserve such things. Heck, we used to shave our freshmen's heads back in the day just to communicate that they ain't nuthin' yet and need to earn their keep. Bring back that mentality (don't care about the actual shaving thing).
  • He might want to lead with Matouche(Sp?) and Van Dyke next year. Kosi has proven that he doesn't really have it to be the every down, every game guy and Jarren is a head case. We cannot afford to just have Jarren "lose it" a couple games a year. Start fresh and build from the ground up. True frosh QB's is the norm now.
  • The Spread or Pro set? Here's the bottom line, we need to run a scheme that doesn't require all-pro blocking in order for it to work. We're 12 games into the season with an obviously **** poor OL and we're STILL doing 7 step drop backs. We should throw the ball quickly, roll the pocket, etc. We need an OC who will recognize our strengths and weaknesses and then devise an attacking scheme with those things in mind.
  • IF Jeff Thomas comes back next year, we HAVE to feature him. According to one report, he dropped zero balls this season. We need to feature our game breakers.
  • We need to figure out which one of our backs is like DJ (assuming he turns pro) and can run the wildcat well. Then RUN THE WILDCAT more often! Also, I actually like it when a school calls the wildcat some variation of that school's mascot (VT calls it the Wild Turkey, etc.). More times than not, the wildcat is successful for us, but we barely use it.
  • Finally, NO MORE 3 man fronts on 3rd and long!!!!! I'm so sick of this! In theory, it gives us an extra man or two in coverage, but in reality, that isn't how it works out. Guys are still getting wide open and embarrassingly so! ALWAYS send at least 4 guys, if not more, on 3rd and long. Can't remember for sure, but I think on the infamous 4th and 17 against UNC, we were also rushing 3. A Canes D should ALWAYS be making the QB uncomfortable. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!
Thoughts?
Did you not see JT drop the TD pass against Florida to win the game??? Yes it would have been a good catch but one that should have been made.

Advertisement
Did you not see JT drop the TD pass against Florida to win the game??? Yes it would have been a good catch but one that should have been made.
That is true about JT. I was just citing one article I read that stated he hadn't dropped any. My point about JT is still true - they need to get him the ball.

Thoughts?
I definitely agree with 3rd Down defense. 3 DL is some BIG 12 crap & we know how much defense they play there.

Our OC has to scheme our Offense around our plays & not a system. We have to much untapped talent going down the drain

1) Getting rid of Enos is step one. There is no other step to move forward everything else is below firing Enos. If you tell Enos to change his scheme it won't matter. He has no feel for the game. Constantly getting sacked because of over matched tackles? Let's run more 7 step drop under center in a tight formation. Your opponent is 118th in run defense in the country? Let's throw the ball 8 times in a row even after a interception while getting 8 yards a run.

2) Yes fire Barry. Butch and Rumph recruiting feels underwhelming. Rumph is overrated in the coaching aspect. He looks good because of the pressure up front and ONLY when we get pressure up front.

3) Blitz more on 3rd a long? That's what we did vs UNC on 4th and 17. That's what we did on a lot of the key drives vs FIU. We need to just be simple on 3rd and long not more exotic.

4) Move to a spread offensive scheme with a guy with a REAL spread scheme

5) Manny needs to focus more on the line of scrimmage then the QB play. If we could run the ball like we should then we wouldn't have to rely on a "savior" at QB so **** much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I truly do not understand why people think JT is such a great player. He doesn't hustle, he is totally unreliable on and off the field, HE SUCKS AS A PUNT RETURNER, he's at best an average kick returner, and he had a a big drop in the Florida game. As far as I'm concerned please don't come back.

Wow wow wow, that is a lot of stuff with at least %90 of that unattainable. Manny prob thinks maybe 1 thing should change.

Enos, Barry, and Stubblefield can find other jobs. New OC, running a spread variant, can decide on Fields and Hickson.

Baker - done. No more stupid 3-4 alignments with GR or a LB at NT.

Advertisement
A coach that loses to GTeet, rUNCtgers, Puke and FrecklesIU isn't going to turn it around with more time. He will be gone by this time next year. Our only "fix" will be if someone other than BJames and his Co are conducting the search. So basically, we permafugged.

A coach that loses to GTeet, rUNCtgers, Puke and FrecklesIU isn't going to turn it around with more time. He will be gone by this time next year. Our only "fix" will be if someone other than BJames and his Co are conducting the search. So basically, we permafugged.

Lol. He’ll be back in 2021 even if he goes 0-12 next year. Miami will never fire a coach after 2 years.

Even if MD does try to get rid of the current staff......what good OC and DC wants work for a HC that knows less than they do?

Joining MIAMI with Manny as HC is just NOT a good career move

Advertisement
I truly do not understand why people think JT is such a great player. He doesn't hustle, he is totally unreliable on and off the field, HE SUCKS AS A PUNT RETURNER, he's at best an average kick returner, and he had a a big drop in the Florida game. As far as I'm concerned please don't come back.
After all this time, potential isn't enough anymore. Especially when Osborn walked in and made him look practice squad.

"MD" is like the worst way to refer to Diaz.

He's more like a plumber pretending to be a cosmetic surgeon with a Hialeah garage "office/surgical center" where he fills single mother's asses with Quikrete cement mix and uses silicon from Home Depot instead of Botox.
I know a chick that got some *** shots in that guys garage.

Her cheeks turned out alright all things considered.

You lost me at “Matouche” or starting a true freshman quarterback. I’d sign up for the triple option over that.

This program needs to get over believing freshmen are going to immediately salvage every single season.

Even if MD does try to get rid of the current staff......what good OC and DC wants work for a HC that knows less than they do?

Joining MIAMI with Manny as HC is just NOT a good career move
It can be a good career move if you transform our Offense & help us win games.

One thing that people underestimate about the coaching profession is how money really is the ultimate motivator.

Coaches have ego's & they love money, find a coach who's making less than what we're paying Enox & offer him a chance to make anywhere from $800K - $1mill to come here & fix this offense, you turn us around this year & you'll be getting big time offers just like Graham Harrell is (Graham is about to be the highest paid OC in college just off that one season with USC improving them from being ranked in the low 50's in multiple categories to having the 5th ranked passing offense.)

Even Briles is set to get a big gig with Kiffin at Ole Miss (if that happens) despite how bad FSU was because people in the coaching industry know what his skill set is as an OC.

We're not stuck with Enox unless we choose to be stuck with him, we could fire him right now & find 20-30 Spread guys not making half as much as him that would jump at the opportunity to coach the talent we got.

Coordinators get fired all the **** time, it's not insane to think we could replace Enox in a month if Diaz just decided he wanted to. It's not an impossible feat to accomplish, it's literally happening all over college football at every program, the only reason why Miami isn't is simply because we have a complete goober for an AD & a BOT that doesn't give a shît about football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back