Silent Commits and Greentree Dwellers

Brandinho

Section 139
Premium
Tired of this bullsh!t to be quite honest. The new staff better not be letting these South Florida divas prance around our campus without a sniff of a commitment - talking about Stevenson here.

As for Bugles, this kid was never coming, he had every reason to commit and didn't but our staff kept nibbling at the silent commitment schtick. Commit or we're on to the next kid down the street.

Time to stop letting 17 year old kids bend us over backwards.

Advertisement
From Ivins - 20 of our top targets went elsewhere.

Out of 20 prospects listed above, InsideTheU is under the impression that at least six of them had at one time given the Hurricanes some type of silent verbal commitment including Bogle.

Out of 20 prospects listed above, InsideTheU is under the impression that at least six of them had at one time given the Hurricanes some type of silent verbal commitment including Bogle.

It doesn't matter...It's their fault for believing the silent was binding.

Advertisement
How about going after the Dunmores & Elams of the world. Great local talent that we COULD get & choose to let leave.

WTF is a silent commitment? Like wink wink, yeah coach I'm coming, keep my spot (just in case a better offer doesn't come in).

New Staff ? We still have the same fools on the defensive staff

Hard to go out and sell Richts corpse for a HC this season. You saw how lifeless he was on the sidelines. You think that changed in the way he recruited?

WTF is a silent commitment? Like wink wink, yeah coach I'm coming, keep my spot (just in case a better offer doesn't come in).

It is more about having the coaching staff leave a spot in the class for them than anything else

Advertisement

There no such thing as a silent commitment!
If you are not willing to announce it publicly then you are not committed.
Even if they announce it publicly it can’t be taken seriously if the are still taking visits.
Only time you can half way trust a commitment is if the players closed down his recruitment.

do not accept silents , we get played..... expand your recruiting base to SE and NE if bags are being tossed around find players who want to come to Miami period

Advertisement
Tired of this bullsh!t to be quite honest. The new staff better not be letting these South Florida divas prance around our campus without a sniff of a commitment - talking about Stevenson here.

As for Bugles, this kid was never coming, he had every reason to commit and didn't but our staff kept nibbling at the silent commitment schtick. Commit or we're on to the next kid down the street.

Time to stop letting 17 year old kids bend us over backwards.

Ok, and how does your process actually work?

If a kid does not publicly commit prior to some arbitrary date, do you stop recruiting him? If you say yes, I say bull****. If you really mean it, then don't ***** when that kid is gone later.

What is the arbitrary date you set and why that date? What about early peakers and late risers? Sounds like what Texas did under Mack Brown and that's largely what got him fired.

So then your class is done at some point prior to the signing date, right? What happens when one or some of your current commitments leave or sign elsewhere? Umm....."We go get better guys, guys who want to be Canes!" If they were better guys, why weren't they in your class in the first place?

So many draw this "committ or we move on" line, but I never hear any real plan.

Right? What is Ahmmon Richards talking about? he can't convince his brother to commit to the U why would TS or Bogle come lmao

Advertisement
I also don’t understand all the friends letting these dudes around the program all the **** time. Stevenson according to many spend a lot of time on campus and at practice and sells out. Where tf is the team leadership that the coaches talk about.
No **** turncoats around the program. It’s a **** bad look. It’s like some chick you take to dinner all the time and get no *** and some dude invites her over once and she goes all 3 holes on the 1st date.

What 4/5 star recruit wants to come to a 7-6 ACC team that just turned over it's entire offense for ineptitude? You wouldn't do it and wouldn't tell your kids to do it either. None of this is surprising.

Advertisement
Back