Signing Day Profile: CB Isaiah Dunson

View as article
His 10th grade HS track 200 meter times was 24.34 it must be in the upper 22s. That is far faster than that 4.94 thing run. Besides his offer list and his rating could not be based upon that 4.94 thing. No concern here
I saw that 4.9 crap some weeks ago on the 247 site. Look at the film of the kid running that 40 some time back. He starts out wobbling all over the place at the start and stands up right away loosing acceleration. He must have lost 0.2 to 0.3 on the start alone. I will take his game film and official HS track time done two years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw that 4.9 crap some weeks ago on the 247 site. Look at the film of the kid running that 40 some time back. He starts out wobbling all over the place at the start and stands up right away loosing acceleration. He must have lost 0.2 to 0.3 on the start alone. I will take his game film and official HS track time done two years ago.

Not disagreeing. Like I said, football speed is much different and 40 times do not necessarily translate to the field. I just hope that is the case

He doesn’t seem to run anywhere near that in pads. If he did run that it probably was when he was younger with no technique running the 40 as things like that matters. This kid can play period

Agreed. I'm just saying it can be concerning as we do not have much speed with our corners right now, mostly just size and length. We need help in the slot with Bandy out and that most of the time requires quite a bit of speed

Let’s use common sense. Do y’all think we would bring in someone at a skill position running a true 4.9? That’s dlineman numbers.

Seeing that rumph likes size over speed, it would not surprise me. Do i think it is a true 4.9? No. But it can be concerning and something to watch for in the spring. Regradless, somebody will need to step up in the slot with Bandy gone. That position requires a little more speed than Blades and Ivey give. My hope is that Couch can step in. It would not surprise me to see Avantae get a look with his size and 4.5 speed either

Advertisement
I have a hard time believing that someone with the foot speed and agility to run a 4.22 shuttle is THAT slow in a straight line.

Now, his technique was a little off. I would say he is more of a 4.7 guy, but his ball skills are great

Attachments

• Dunson.PNG
    Dunson.PNG
    427.9 KB · Views: 8
Yeah Dunson might get more burn if the 4 ahead of him don’t seriously come in ready to compete. Hopefully he will push Ivey and Blades to be better than what they were last season. The question becomes, who’s the leading candidate to play nickel back this year?

I’d guess Avantae or Couch.

You guys need to calm down. A 4.6/4.7 in HIGH SCHOOL is fast. A 4.5 is BLAZING fast in High School. There's MAYBE 20 real prospects in the COUNTRY each cycle running a 4.5 or better. Tae ran close to a 4.8 at one competition. Another time he ran a 4.5. One time on Dunson means nothing. Watch the tape and you see a guy that is flying across the field making INTs and burning DBs deep at WR. He's plenty fast enough and extremely fluid for being 6'2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back