Signing Day Highlights

Think about that 2023 elite DL Rueben Bain(Tolbert's Nephew). How's another school gonna stand a chance after that in-home with the heavy *** ring fingers of his current HC, future HC, and uncle? I'll admit, around this time last year, I had my apprehensions about Mario being the guy. But the closer it came to being a reality, it became evident that this is the perfect storm (pun intended). Three years ago, Beta Blake got us the Canal St. knock-off version. They looked the same to the untrained eye but there were major defects waiting to happen. Frenk went to Barney's and bought the real thing this go round, boys...
Canal St. knockoff version... dead.

Advertisement
Are we in the running for any more LBs between now and February? Does anyone know?

Updated... :stormwarningflag-sm:

4-star Wesley Bissainthe, LB, Miami Central (Signed at 10:14 a.m.)
4-star Chris Graves, ATH/CB, Fort Myers Bishop Verot (Signed at 8:18 a.m.)
4-star Isaiah Horton, WR, Murfreesbro (Tenn.) Oakland (Signed at 8:40 a.m.)
4-star Markeith Williams, S, Orlando Evans (Signed at 9:02 a.m.)
4-star Jacurri Brown, QB, Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes (Signed at 7:55 a.m.)
4-star Khamauri Rogers, CB, Lexington (Ms.) Holmes (Signed at 11:10 am)

Average Rating: 91.82
Only UGA, BAMA, TAM, OSU and Clemson have a higher avg ranking.

Sutherland Kiefer GIF by ABC Network

is there no thread dedicated to actual signees? in years past they would have one thread with information about each player as they committed. now info is all over the different boards and it's confusing to see who is in, and who is still a potential

Advertisement
So far no surprises except for the 3* JUCO OT Falentha Carswell. We've signed 6 4*. Nothing but quality. All were committed before today.

And now we wait for a few others that are making decisions today and several others that will make decisions between now and February.

With Mario at the helm, plus most likely a full staff in the next 30 days (just my guess), I like our chances. Won't be a huge class but it will be all quality.

ITS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!!! GO CANES!!!

MIAMI COMMITS​

9:30 a.m. -- 4-star Wesley Bissainthe, LB, Miami Central (Signed at 10:14 a.m.)

11:00 a.m. --4-star Khamauri Rogers, CB, Lexington (Miss.) Holmes County

11:10 a.m. -- 4-star Chris Graves, ATH/CB, Fort Myers Bishop Verot (Signed at 8:18 a.m.)

11:45 a.m. -- 4-star Isaiah Horton, WR, Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland (Signed at 8:40 a.m.)

1:30 p.m. -- 4-star Markeith Williams, S, Orlando Evans (Signed at 9:02 a.m.)

2:00 p.m. -- 4-star Jacurri Brown, QB, Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes (Signed at 7:55 a.m.)

TBA -- 3-star Falentha Carswell, OL, Sandersville (Ga.) Washington County (Signed with Mississippi)
Sorry for the dumb question but I thought the narrative with the old staff we had a crap incoming recruiting class? If this is our early bounty that were already committed is/was that not true?

Anyway, glad to see that Mario and others have put us in contention. With some other heavy hitters. Fingers crossed.

is there no thread dedicated to actual signees? in years past they would have one thread with information about each player as they committed. now info is all over the different boards and it's confusing to see who is in, and who is still a potential

Wow, that's a good heads-up.

Ain't no way these 247 and Rivals fluffers know more about these SoFla prospects than you, LC El and a couple others here.

Speaking of Stewart, I know he attends Pace, but I thought I read somewhere that he is a Broward kid.

Is that correct?
i dont know or think he is a broward kid.

I do know he is fairly new to football like he didnt play growing up like other kids down here..he may have started playing in 9th grade.

Kelly played on stacked youth tEAMS...played for former Cane Rod Mack as a youth a year or two with the Miami Gardens Ravens.

If we somehow land Stewart and Kelly look tf out. ...I havent even looked at the Cyrus MOSS kids highlihts yet.

Advertisement
Sorry for the dumb question but I thought the narrative with the old staff we had a crap incoming recruiting class? If this is our early bounty that were already committed is/was that not true?

Anyway, glad to see that Mario and others have put us in contention. With some other heavy hitters. Fingers crossed.
If this were our entire class--6 signees--we'd be in trouble. Mario locked up these 6 commits and opened the door to several other quality recruits. That's something to celebrate.

You are correct and it is a good point that Diaz had us lined up with some good playerS. But we added Wesley B, and hopefully a few more today and over the next few months. The problem with Diaz was the small number of players he was recruiting. I think Diaz, in a job-saving maneuver, was planning to have a small high school class and then load up on transfers and hope the experience would result in a good season and an extension.
See Mel Tucker.

Advertisement
You are correct and it is a good point that Diaz had us lined up with some good playerS. But we added Wesley B, and hopefully a few more today and over the next few months. The problem with Diaz was the small number of players he was recruiting. I think Diaz, in a job-saving maneuver, was planning to have a small high school class and then load up on transfers and hope the experience would result in a good season and an extension.
See Mel Tucker.
This. If weren’t in play for Moss, Coleman, Kelly, Stewart, the OL from Washington and the others that Mario has relationships with from Oregon this would have been a bad class.

Manny had 0 momentum for other recruits. This would have been the class. This is probably 1/2 of the class Mario is going to end with come February

Manny had 0 momentum for other recruits. This would have been the class. This is probably 1/2 of the class Mario is going to end with come February
Manny likely would've lost at least 50% of those that committed today. I most definitely wouldn't assume they would've stuck. Raymond made a hard run at Graves as is with Mario at the helm. You really think Manny would've been able to overcome that?

Advertisement
Think about that 2023 elite DL Rueben Bain(Tolbert's Nephew). How's another school gonna stand a chance after that in-home with the heavy *** ring fingers of his current HC, future HC, and uncle? I'll admit, around this time last year, I had my apprehensions about Mario being the guy. But the closer it came to being a reality, it became evident that this is the perfect storm (pun intended). Three years ago, Beta Blake got us the Canal St. knock-off version. They looked the same to the untrained eye but there were major defects waiting to happen. Frenk went to Barney's and bought the real thing this go round, boys...
I always enjoyed going to Delancy and arguing for my elegant clothing-- all knock-off China stuff before anyone outside of NYC even knew what China knock-offs were, LOL. Yes, no more knock-offs, now we have the real rings closing.

Advertisement
Back