Signing Day Highlights

Nobody is saying bring in a project and start him right away. There’s a reason they’re called projects. But completely dismissing any player, especially an offensive lineman because they can’t play right away is short sighted .
Our roster is filled with 3-year kids who are in their 4th year and have been nothing more than practice squad players. Cristobal and Mirabel have a pretty good eye for the skill sets they want on the offensive line.

Advertisement
I’m a little worried.

I don’t blame Mario, obviously. But to sign only 6-7 kids (hopefully Kelly), leaves us down 15-20 scholarship players on our roster. It’s like a mega 1 year sanction.

I’m surprised, if the reports are true, that Mario backed off our only OL commit when we have a few guys declaring for the draft. We need bodies and depth.

Hopefully we can make up some ground in the portal. We need to put together a staff ASAP so the portal guys who know their position coaches will be.

Edit: meant to reply to MichiCane
season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

Advertisement
Flip wasn’t Mario’s style. The leaned out lightweight guy to build up. Mario seems to like the bigger guys. Not saying one is better than the other. But considering we have zero zilch nada on the OK for this class maybe we should’ve taken him. But I trust Mario on the line
My sentiments as well....not like he flipped to Southern Miss or Georgia Southern....he flipped to a team about to play in a New Year's Six bowl.....

I really hope Mario knows what he's doing....only other thing I can think of is maybe the kid didn't want to play for a coach he didn't know, and decided to go with Lane/familiarity as I'm sure they've been in his ear all along.

Advertisement
Maybe not a starter. but can definitely make an impact
Nakobe Dean is not that big, came out of high school at about the same size...helped at UGA right away.

EDIT: now that I think of it Sean Spence was even smaller than Wes
All about heart. Can’t measure that in a camp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep i started when i was like a 10th grader in high school and my hs teammate was a 5 star all american and introduced me to RIVALS.COM and GRASSY. (Bryant Mcfadden FSU/NFL)

If you check last class you would see who was leading the way in the Chase Smith department as well. lol It was the point I even posted when James Williams was headed to UGA..that i didnt mind because I wanted Chase Smith in the class. So me and you have the same eye.

Im a fan of Ibieta...but looking at it overlal we have a few Ibieta's currently onroster (Restrepo,Brishard Smith)
A little OT but would McFadden be the highest rated player ever out of our school (MCA)?

Advertisement
Back