Signing Day Buzz: 6 Days Away

View as article
I'm having flashbacks of the Shannon Error in this very thread.

If Patrick Johnson doesn't want in...SO BE IT...I didn't want him anyway.
Corey Liuget is a goner, nothing we could have done with that.
FSU still hasn't gotten into Dade...Randy didn't even want Xavier Rhodes and Rodney Smith...
We were SO not outworked for Kayvon Webster...its obvious we dropped him.
Of course we didn't need Blair Walsh...we had Darren Daly and Frankie Z, of course we didn't need a kicker!
Lerentee McCray will never amount to anything. Gator trash!
OMG, CJ Holton, such a BIG get from FSU KUNTRY!
We have Jacory Harris, we don't need Geno Smith!
Why would we recruit Stedman Bailey? We recruited SEVEN wide receivers last year...NO ROOM!
Why should we recruit Robert Sands? If you can't do your part to get your grades in order, why should we give you an offer?

"We want kids who want to be Canes" Well, our DL wanted to be Canes

Advertisement
WOW EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALM THE **** DOWN AND QUIT JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS

2 HOURS AGO GOLDEN AND COMPANY WERE THE BEASTS OF RECRUITING AND EVERYONE WAS FAPPING

NOW EVERYONE IS READY TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

WE MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BUT TO GO NUTS WITH ONE SIDE OF THE STORY (THAT MAY NOT BE TRUE) IS CRAZY

THINGS ARE NEVER AS GOOD AS THEY SEEM AND THEY ARENT AS BAD AS THEY SEEM

SOME OF YOU ****** CANT HANDLE THE WAY RECRUITING GOES

What if two hours ago you didnt think he was a beast at recruiting and you werent fapping??

Can you still be worried?

Not getting Thomas right now would be a disaster

Let me just say this; what's the point in telling a kid you want you can't wait? If there's a spot today, there's a spot on Wed. if its a player

This leads me to believe this isn't the full story.

I will say this as well, if it's grades, and you're sure he can't get in, what's the harm of letting him commit to keep the relationship with Thomas, Booker T, and Ice? You still sign the same number of kids with the assumption he's not getting in. If he pulls off a miracle and qualifies, scholarships open up due to discipline, transfers etc.

Again, the fact that Miami wouldn't just shoot themselves in the foot on purpose tells me there's more to the story.

What a cruddy update to read though. A class w/o Thomas, Kirkland and single-handedly damaging a relationship with a pipeline school would be a serious gut punch.
How about this? "Denver, you've had an offer for a year. We want you. It's your spot. Problem for us is, we don't know if you're coming and we've got an unexpected kid that wants to commit right now. We need to know if you're coming today. If you're coming, the spot is yours and we need to let player B know we don't have space while he's got time to find a scholarship. Your offer stands, but we need to know today or we have to move on ?" "Coach, I don't know. I need the next 6 days to think. You're in the top 3. I'll let you know on signing day." "Denver, I think it's best if we both moved on. I can't promise you there will be a spot open on signing day and I don't want you to get pinched. Wish it worked out better, but best of luck to you. You've still got plenty of quality offers. Good luck."

You're basically agreeing with me. If they really wanted him they'd hold a spot if it was a numbers game.

Since they didn't, it means they either didn't love him, or there's more to the story.

There's always more to the story when you consider the feeder school angle. I'm just not getting worked up over it because I know Golden is smart if nothing else, and wouldn't be stupid to be stupid.

I'm not agreeing with you at all.

2 HOURS AGO GOLDEN AND COMPANY WERE THE BEASTS OF RECRUITING AND EVERYONE WAS FAPPING

WE MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BUT TO GO NUTS WITH ONE SIDE OF THE STORY (THAT MAY NOT BE TRUE) IS CRAZY

SOME OF YOU ****** CANT HANDLE THE WAY RECRUITING GOES

What if two hours ago you didnt think he was a beast at recruiting and you werent fapping??

Can you still be worried?

Not getting Thomas right now would be a disaster

THAT WOULD MAKE YOU A GOT **** IDIOT AND MAKE YOUR OPINION NULL AND VOID

READ THE FIRST LINE AGAIN

Advertisement
I am an idiot for not being satisfied with our class and being nervous that a good class depends on an epic close on NSD???

Question.

Why pull the kid's schollie? Why not walk away quietly, let him go elsewhere on NSD, and if he does want to throw up the U, say, "Sorry dude, ship's full. We told you it might be," at that point?

Do you know he wasn't going to stiff us? He could have been silent to UM, he didn't, Next! No more head cases, they have had about two year to decide, you looking Miami is looking too, get over it!

Let me just say this; what's the point in telling a kid you want you can't wait? If there's a spot today, there's a spot on Wed. if its a player you want.

This leads me to believe this isn't the full story.

I will say this as well, if it's grades, and you're sure he can't get in, what's the harm of letting him commit to keep the relationship with Thomas, Booker T, and Ice? You still sign the same number of kids with the assumption he's not getting in. If he pulls off a miracle and qualifies, scholarships open up due to discipline, transfers etc.

Again, the fact that Miami wouldn't just shoot themselves in the foot on purpose tells me there's more to the story.

What a cruddy update to read though. A class w/o Thomas, Kirkland and single-handedly damaging a relationship with a pipeline school would be a serious gut punch.

Advertisement
So if Kirkland has grade problems and wouldn't be able to get in, why would we even need to drop him? You tell him he can't in and if he's willing to go to prep school, we would still recruit him and bring him in next year. If not, then that's on him. Worked out fine for Brandon Washington. Seemingly worked out fine for AJL(before he wasn't able to qualify even after prep school). Sounds like a massive spin job. But whatever...

WE'RE ON THE GOLDEN ROAD TO A TITLE!!
335.jpg

I'm having flashbacks of the Shannon Error in this very thread.

If Patrick Johnson doesn't want in...SO BE IT...I didn't want him anyway.
Corey Liuget is a goner, nothing we could have done with that.
FSU still hasn't gotten into Dade...Randy didn't even want Xavier Rhodes and Rodney Smith...
We were SO not outworked for Kayvon Webster...its obvious we dropped him.
Of course we didn't need Blair Walsh...we had Darren Daly and Frankie Z, of course we didn't need a kicker!
Lerentee McCray will never amount to anything. Gator trash!
OMG, CJ Holton, such a BIG get from FSU KUNTRY!
We have Jacory Harris, we don't need Geno Smith!
Why would we recruit Stedman Bailey? We recruited SEVEN wide receivers last year...NO ROOM!
Why should we recruit Robert Sands? If you can't do your part to get your grades in order, why should we give you an offer?

Dammit mane, now I won't be able to sleep.

Everyone either knows or SHOULD know, that our class is entirely dependent on an epic close on Signing Day.

That ***** Lex is on point in that regard.

Considering we need to hit a home run on Signing Day with 8 local prospects to make this class a great one...its not a shocker that some people are getting nervous right around the corner...if you aren't anxious, you should be...nothing is etched in stone with a few days to go.

All your boy knows is this.

Matthew Thomas is a must get. No excuses.
Alex Collins is a must get. No excuses.
Jermaine Grace is a must get. No excuses.
TWO more DTs are imperative. No excuses.
We should be getting at least one Stacy Coley every year...we live in South Florida for ***** sake. No excuses.

This should be common sense, but with the midnight hour close at hand...though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver. For no mere mortal can resist the evil of the thriller, *****.

We gave the kid plenty of time. You don't ***** a kid over on nsd, you think this looks bad, that's worse.

Question.

Why pull the kid's schollie? Why not walk away quietly, let him go elsewhere on NSD, and if he does want to throw up the U, say, "Sorry dude, ship's full. We told you it might be," at that point?

Advertisement
Well, this class just got ****ed over.

2009 part 2?

The kids we are missing on, are the difference between a 'ship in 2014 and mediocrity. Sorry, but that is just how it goes. For Miami, missing one local kid is bad enough. Missing on several, as we are poised to do this year, will lead to us being the same mediocre team we Canes fans are used to.

Golden needs to step the **** up. USC didn't/doesn't have any problems recruiting with looming sanctions, so I'm not buying that ****. And they have Kiffin as their coach!

Can somebody tell me whats going on? Is it grades or scholarships? Cause Ice said he has a 2.8 and passing score.

Ice works for that school. The fact that he just revealed confidential information about a student's grades could cause big problems for him. That's a major no-no. This is why you shouldn't run your yap when you're in an emotional state.

We gave the kid plenty of time. You don't ***** a kid over on nsd, you think this looks bad, that's worse.

Question.

I don't see how telling a kid in advance, "If you don't commit now, you might not be able to do so on NSD," is ******** a kid over.

Advertisement
Question.

Because then he's got to scramble. This is the upfront way to do it when you've got a somewhat unexpected commit.

We'd get killed in the media for turning a kid with an offer away on signing day.

Everyone either knows or SHOULD know, that our class is entirely dependent on an epic close on Signing Day.

That **** Lex is on point in that regard.

Considering we need to hit a home run on Signing Day with 8 local prospects to make this class a great one...its not a shocker that some people are getting nervous right around the corner...if you aren't anxious, you should be...nothing is etched in stone with a few days to go.

All your boy knows is this.

Matthew Thomas is a must get. No excuses.
Alex Collins is a must get. No excuses.
Jermaine Grace is a must get. No excuses.
TWO more DTs are imperative. No excuses.
We should be getting at least one Stacy Coley every year...we live in South Florida for ****s sake. No excuses.

This should be common sense, but with the midnight hour close at hand...though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver. For no mere mortal can resist the evil of the thriller, ***

We close like this and golden is golden

SOME OF YOU ****S CANT HANDLE THE WAY RECRUITING GOES

Goddamnit Poops, you ain't never lied.

Never ever?

Never ever.

Poops is real deal Holyfield.

Realer.

Advertisement
Back