Significant Off Season Gains

I'm hoping that all these numbers mean we can find a way to shave 7 points off our points allowed stat. So we go from, what, 31 ppg (80ish rank) to 24 ppg (40ish rank) which should translate into a win or so. Put us at 8/9 wins. Good enough to win the division and shot at the league title.

Advertisement
You read stuff in the NFL about teams injury reports the week after they play the 49ers or Seahawks, teams like that. I have a feeling teams are going to be licking their wounds. We are still young here and there but we are going to be physical as ****. That FSU game last year was a strong indicator of what we should see going forward.

You read stuff in the NFL about teams injury reports the week after they play the 49ers or Seahawks, teams like that. I have a feeling teams are going to be licking their wounds. We are still young here and there but we are going to be physical as ****. That FSU game last year was a strong indicator of what we should see going forward.
Yep. We were more physical than a more mature and physically developed FSU team. They were dropping like flies in that game and a lot of it was from the hits we were laying on them.

Advertisement
I genuinely cannot understand what I'm reading in the weight gains portion. Thanx tho

Edit: I get it now

Sorry, I don't know how to use tables on this board... the first number is weight gain since Spring in April, the second number is weight gain since end of last season.

I just wanna know how is Telemaque a key loss, did I read that right?

Well, he did get some playing time last year although it dwindled as the season went on with the emergence of the younger guys. He was really the only loss from last year at the Safety position, so I listed him. Will we miss him if the young guys develop as we expect and stay healthy? No.

All signs are pointing to a massive turnaround in defensive performance this year.
don't sleep on a top 25 defense.

ranked 110 --> 25 LMAO, pass what you're smoking.

While not likely, it's possible. We dropped from the 20's to the 110's, no reason we can't gain as much as we dropped. The rankings are totally useless anyway. Some teams with worse defenses had better rankings because of the competition they played. Two equal defenses, one with a weak schedule one with a strong schedule, can have defensive ranking differences of 20, 30, even 50 or more based on the offenses they play against. Plus, a LOT of the points scored against our defense came on broken plays where an inexperienced defender totally screwed up (the 99 yard touchdown by Duke being a perfect example). Those players aren't inexperienced anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back