Off-Topic Side Hustles - What Works?

I hear you in terms of not putting a lot of stuff out about your personal/professional life on this site, I feel exactly the same way. Obviously you are an excellent communicator in your current profession, but I understand what you mean about developing some long-term sources of income. I’m assuming you’re somewhat middle aged so I get exactly where you’re coming from in terms of future income.

I was lucky enough to find someone, actually through my kids playing sports, a parent, that was already involved with rental properties. This person was already trustworthy, so I was able to build a limited partnership. This is mainly passive income, obviously the rental properties need to be managed, which I definitely don’t want to do, so that cuts into the income but not as much as you would think, especially when you are partnered with other people.

I also know people that have set enough money aside to buy condos that are in a reasonable price range and then turn around and rent those. There are a lot of people that are not in a position to buy, but have to rent. It’s a market that’s pretty hot right now. I suppose depending on where you live though.
Great minds think alike.

Advertisement
The possibilities are endless @IndayArtHauz. I would highly recommend anyone assess their skill set and choose something they thoroughly enjoy doing.

My corporate specialty is/was logistics in manufacturing. I really enjoyed that realm but hated corporate politics. I’ve been around construction for as long as I can remember. I’ve done/do most of my own repairs and small projects, helped friends and family, and took on small projects as side work.

After my last corporate experience ended 10 years ago, I had many people tell me that because of my construction background, I needed to be a handyman. People were desperate for a knowledgeable, reliable, trustworthy person to help them with small projects. I dove in head first and have had more work than I really wanted. LOL. It is/has been extremely rewarding helping people take care of their project needs.

All that to say take stock of what you enjoy and what you’re good at. Consider those 2 things and it’s a recipe for success.

Advertisement
Back