SIAP

canes41590

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I know there isnt much positive on the board right now, but I was really impressed with Courtel Jenkins and Calvin Hurtelou last night.

Advertisement
+1

They did their thing. They had to send another guy at Huert just to get him to stick in place.

The whole D line played really well. It's not their fault they were put in bad spots and only rushing 3 at times. Anyone who's played D line knows that being part of a three man rush is like being thrown into a mosh pit and can be completely exhausting. The worst thing Dnfr did all night.

Advertisement
I know there isnt much positive on the board right now, but I was really impressed with Courtel Jenkins and Calvin Hurtelou last night.

Your not the only one, Courtel Jenkins and Calvin Hurtelou balled last night until the our offence kept them on the field with 3 and outs. Jenkins is a future 2 year starter at minimum if he continues to improve, some may disagree but that was my observation of Jenkins last night.

Our defense played well in the sense that we weren't blown off the ball. Jenkins is gonna ball out here. Still there were still many things that were frustrating as ****, number 1 being that gap on 4th down......

Denzel Perryman showed just how good he could be last night with 2 quality DT's.

Our defense played well in the sense that we weren't blown off the ball. Jenkins is gonna ball out here. Still there were still many things that were frustrating as ****, number 1 being that gap on 4th down......

This.

Chick, Kamalu, Pierre all looked a lot better. Heurt and Jenkins played as well as any NTs we have had under Golden.

That is why its frustrating to play as passively as we do. I think these guys could look great in a more aggressive system.

Oh and Perryman is a monster.

Advertisement
Our dline was very physical at the POA.

We just need more depth (Wyche, and AQM im looking at you) and eliminate those missed tackles in the backfield. Also, there were a couple times Harris would chase the play down from the backside, and he would either get there to late, or get dragged for a couple extra yards. He either needs to take better angles, or get stronger.

Last edited:
Agreed....They just needed something, anything from the offense in the second half. On another note, Dallas Crawford is one **** of a holder....saved a snap and prevented further embarrassment. The dude is Mr. Versatile personified.

I don't think we are the 85 Bears yet, but if the offense can keep possession for more than 3 plays, this D may be decent with a few tweaks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back