SIAP: the nightmare is over

I think we’ll see improvements but im not expecting them to turn jags into high level starters.
I’m expecting that, or they should have been more aggressive in the portal. You can’t have it both ways. Eight and a half million reasons to have high expectations. []_[]

Advertisement
I’m 15 minutes into this and I have no idea what I am listening to. It’s like me and two of my buddies sit around just shooting the **** about “you seen that Jones kid play against Franklin High back in ‘87”

No doubt! Remember the 2002 team going into Neyland Stadium in Knoxville to face Tennessee? The media was blowing it up like we were going to face real competition now because they were SEC blah blah blah. Our players didn't say much. We just casually went in there completely unfazed and beat them soundly. They had a long run that Kelly Jennings had a TD saving tackle on to open the game. With the ball on the 2, the defense held them out of the end zone, they kicked a FG and UT never threatened to score the rest of the game.
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
I remembered this

I know! He was the first person I thought of though, i used to think he was just a mope. He wasn't I just didn't want to see it with my orange and green glasses on.
It’s been a long time coming. I gave Randy a pass, but when I saw Donofrios defense VS randy Edsall Maryland team… I knew something was way off. From then on I called out every **** thing I could.

There were many times I couldn’t even watch a game during the golden/ Richt/ Manny eras.

The last 3 months, honestly have brought a lot piece to me (in my hurricane world). Sitting back watching Mario operate and nail these hires reminds me of when I’d turn on the games with zero worries about if Miami was going to win.

I think for long periods of time most on this board witnessed those times when you’d just know the canes were going to win. We knew that because we had trust in the coach and they had a plan for success.

I’m going to continue to sit back and watch Mario do his thing. I know we no longer have a substitute teacher running the show so I’m not going to rush greatness. Honesty we’ve all waited just about 20 years… what’s another couple?

We are building something special gents.

Advertisement
Manny is NOT a good coordinator.
I don't care how "successful" his first couple of seasons were.

#1 - that was with Al Golden's players
#2 - we played absolutely nobody with a pulse on offense. And when we did, they had a field day.

There's some performances during his tenure that will never be forgiveable, and they are telltale signs of a crappy DC.

*The UNC game. (I know he wasn't the DC, but spare me, he had his hands on the defense)
*Letting Wisconsin throw the ball all over us a year after they ran all over us.
*Allowing MULTIPLE true freshman WR's to have career days versus us.
*Kelly Bryant starting the game 14-14 passing.
*Any of the Clemson games.
*Allowing Louisville's offense to anally rape us, and the following week they get completely shutout by Pitt.
*Allowing the RB's at FIU and UAB to run for over 100 yards.
*Completely ignoring the Virginia Tech TE.
*Knowing that Tutu Atwell is UL's best offensive player, Manny doesn't utilize a scheme to neutralize him, instead he has Bubba Bolden guard him 1-on-1.

There's too many examples to even name.
That's how he got his a$s fired at Texas.

Last edited:
Bain brought up something about knowing how to run because of track. Miami needs to get the track program on track…

Hold up, so my theory of kids not being “developed” wasn’t some make believe chit? Interesting
There were times when you and a few other guys gave logical opinions on the state of the squad and it drove me nuts.... Because deep down, I knew you and the others were correct. AND THEN MACHO WOULD COME OFF THE TOP ROPE which led to me lighting my crank of fire.

#2 - we played absolutely nobody with a pulse on offense. And when we did, they had a field day.

There's some performances during his tenure that will never be forgiveable, and they are telltale signs of a crappy DC.

*The UNC game. (I know he wasn't the DC, but spare me, he had his hands on the defense)
*Letting Wisconsin throw the ball all over us a year after they ran all over us.
*Allowing Louisville's offense to anally rape us, and the following week they get completely shutout by Pitt.
*Knowing that Tutu Atwell is UL's best offensive player, Manny doesn't utilize a scheme to neutralize him, instead he has Bubba Bolden guard him 1-on-1.

Didn't know this was here... See TOP ROPE.

Advertisement
It’s been a long time coming. I gave Randy a pass, but when I saw Donofrios defense VS randy Edsall Maryland team… I knew something was way off. From then on I called out every **** thing I could.

There were many times I couldn’t even watch a game during the golden/ Richt/ Manny eras.

The last 3 months, honestly have brought a lot piece to me (in my hurricane world). Sitting back watching Mario operate and nail these hires reminds me of when I’d turn on the games with zero worries about if Miami was going to win.

I think for long periods of time most on this board witnessed those times when you’d just know the canes were going to win. We knew that because we had trust in the coach and they had a plan for success.

I’m going to continue to sit back and watch Mario do his thing. I know we no longer have a substitute teacher running the show so I’m not going to rush greatness. Honesty we’ve all waited just about 20 years… what’s another couple?

We are building something special gents.

And honestly, for me as a fan, I balanced the confidence of knowing we would win, w/ knowing we wouldn’t lose to some suck *** teams.

The worst stretch of Hurricanes football in my fan lifetime was from ‘96-‘99. As a youngster, I didn’t completely understand the ramifications of the NCAA sanctions until maybe 3 yrs later as I started meeting older Canes fans who laced a youngin w/ knowledge. I simply thought Butch was a POS coach; BUT even then, we still went 3-0 in bowl games!

Once everything came back together, we dominated for a 4 yr stretch. ****, we should’ve won 3 Natty’s in a row, but I digress.

NEVER in my wildest dreams, 15 yrs later, would I think we would not only lose, but lose in humiliating fashion to FIU (1st P5 school ever to lose to FIU).

Never would I think a 2 win team would ever beat us.

Never would I think in one, & let me repeat this for the lurkers still holding Diaz’s nuts, BUT ONE SINGLE GAME that my Hurricanes would rewrite our, the ACC, & the NCAA’s record books in historic fashion against a basketball school negatively.

Never would I have thought a G5 school would thoroughly dominate us, BLANK US in a bowl game.

Never would I have thought that EVERY MUTHA FUNKIN QB w/ ZERO STARTS COME IN LOOKIN LIKE BROADWAY JOE AGAINST US.

So nah, these reports of former & current players don’t surprise me; the only thing that ever surprised me was after Diaz showed his ***, fans were still kissing it. SMH. Hopefully that’s all behind us, b/c now we’re seeing, getting a glimpse of how a blue blood is supposed to be ran. It’ll take 2-3 yrs top to right this ship, again.

like Bo--- Coach Macho knows...

Advertisement
Now lets not all re-write history here..Mannys D served its purpose as long as everything worked according to plan and he had elite pass rushers at the forefront of the D. As soon as those pass rushers were no longer there (last season) and he didnt have Shaq, Pinck, Jaquan , Romeo and Sheldrick cleaning **** up for him in the back 7...the defense bottomed out. He just got lucky for a few years that he had the players to run it perfectly.

His luck absolutely ran out last season because he had zero players who run it. And we all wondered WTF happened to the defense to where it was a liability and looked like a Mark Dnofrio level D....Answer? No pass rushers. No LBs to sift through the unreal loads of traffic... And no safetys to come up and save the day as the last line of defense in case the LBs got caught in the wash... Everything must go right for his defense to work and thats not how we want to run things anymore. Goodbye and Good riddance, Manny.

(Edit to add Romeo Finley who can honestly say hes the greatest Striker this program has ever had. Hats off Romeo!)
The fuggg???

His defense was getting gashed with JP and a decent Roche on the opposite side…

The “going right” was playing a less talented (but mostly poorly coached) team

Way too aggressive leaving huge cut back lanes… terribly timed blitzes… and leaving DBs on small islands of zones leaving huge cushions

Facts. There are many more examples. His numbers sometimes looked good. But he would get roasted when it counted way too often, more so as time went on and ACC coaches figured him out.

Advertisement
Back