SIAP - Senator J. Abruzzo on WQAM

Advertisement
Bondi and the senator are meeting next week and charges will be filed against the NCAA for breaking the law. Only takes 6 minutes to listen to and well worth it. All you doubters this **** is fixing to go down.

Advertisement
Receiving lots of support from Miami alumni and South Florida. No one is above the law and once this starts no one will be able to stop it. No deals with criminals.

274.jpg

-not a lawsuit, a request with the state attorney. Says they (NCAA) self admitted to misconduct already.

-statute in Florida called Florida Fair Trade Act, says it's illegal to use bankruptcy proceeding to obtain information illegally.

-could bring charges on NCAA, Perez could get in hot water as well (turned over to Florida Bar).

-says repeatedly NCAA mishandled themselves, possibly broke the law.

-he's going to meet with the attorney general next week, already heard back from her.

-says if this happened to an individual in court, case would've been thrown out. Says we have due process, right to fair and speedy trial, and talks about case dragging out.

-says NCAA needs checks and balances as well.

-hasn't talked to anyone at UM about it, but has gotten lots of emails from alums and fans saying they appreciate him, some from those that "do not". Been getting a lot of great feedback from UM 'family'.

-thinks NCAA ****ed up, but can just call for an investigation, anything else is out of his department.

-hopes if guilty, they (NCAA) are prosecuted to the "fullest extent of the law".

The U has been hurt enough by this criminal and his lies and the NCAA getting in bed with this criminal and breaking Florida trust laws will not be stood for.

Advertisement
Anyway, I sent an email his way thanking him for his 'support of a local institution and his want to see that an investigation is launched, as it rightfully should.' Told him I am well out of his district, but I have friends and family in WPB, and will put a good word in for what he's doing.

Man, the NCAA is dealing with lawsuits on top of lawsuits. I hope their curupt asses are finally taken down.

Lots of constitutional questions of due process etc that could make this a Supreme Court case if neither side blinks.

Advertisement
Hey gang...

Rumors are also flying that the Indiana AG is considering an investigation regarding those extortion letters the ncaa sent to ex-coaches and players. Since those letters crossed state lines it may wind up a federal investigation with criminal felony indictments coming down on the ncaa and their representatives.

It's time for Mark Emmert to step down.

:cigar:

Hey gang...

Rumors are also flying that the Indiana AG is considering an investigation regarding those extortion letters the ncaa sent to ex-coaches and players. Since those letters crossed state lines it may wind up a federal investigation with criminal felony indictments coming down on the ncaa and their representatives.

For reals? Now we're cooking with grease.

Advertisement
Hey gang...

Ha. That's what the NCAA gets for being greedy and leaving SEC territory for some tax breaks.

Hey gang...

That rumor was being bounced around 'Cane message boards back in November. Can't see why anything has changed all of a sudden. It's one thing for the Florida AG office to go to bat for a local institution, it's another for Indiana to go after the NCAA in their own state. I'd be surprised...delightfully surprised that is.

I could see tge Indiana AG doing it. The NCAA has only been there are 10 yrs or so. The NCAA screwed over IU basketball and gave them probation for what kelvin Sampson did at Oklahoma. No one had a crystal ball what he did over there.

Advertisement
Back